Page 18 of 73 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Also this is a nitpick for me Jay's inconsistent height annoys me he was only like 4 inches shorter than Jon last appearance!
    They must’ve decided who was the top and who was the bottom behind the scenes and wanted the heights to reflect that (I’m joking before anyone gets upset!)
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They must’ve decided who was the top and who was the bottom behind the scenes and wanted the heights to reflect that (I’m joking before anyone gets upset!)
    They got it right tho Jay on top.... Let me stop just joking lmao.
    Attachment 119271

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hey if it isn’t you fair enough lol, I just don’t know many gay men who want Jon deaged and are as assertive as you. I apologize for assuming.
    It's OK. I check on Twitter to see how people are talking about Jon Kent as opposed to other places, and he's not the only account with a rainbow flag calling for Jon to be de-aged, so I just wanted to point out that guy is not the only suspect that fits your profile. One of my favorite online artists, Rowell Cruz, is a huge Super Sons and Jon fan and he's also gay and wants Jon de-aged, so I guess Jon unintentionally attracted a very queer audience.

Like, I don't think I'm the only gay guy on this forum who is also a Jon Kent fan. I'm always surprised and heartened when I see people other than Blue22 feel like I do and post on here.
    Last edited by garazza; 03-15-2022 at 02:08 PM.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Jay won't last. The future in Supersons depicts Jon as being a grandfather.

And if the LGBQT+ have a problem with a little curve ball being thrown that derails their relationship, then frankly they are not the right audience to serve, couples should face hardships to be interesting, and nothing lingers more in the mind than a tragic love story.
    Have you heard of surrogacy and adoption?
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Vordan should've left out the Superboy part in the title for this thread, then we wouldn't have to deal with the same people talking about deaging him 24/7. He was never even the real Superboy!

You just love stirring the pot XD

He has the Superboy title, ergo, he was Superboy. Him not being the first doesn't change that. Just like him not being the first Superman doesn't change the fact that he is currently Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Like, I don't think I'm the only gay guy on this forum who is also a Jon Kent fan. I'm always surprised and heartened when I see people other than Blue22 feel like I do and post on here.

I'm actually not gay. But I appreciate the shout out, nonetheless. I'm with you, brother XD

In related news (if it hasn't already been said), while the current editor for the Superbooks has said Jon ain't being de-aged, he also said that we still have more content to look forward to with the real Jon. So...small victories lol

The idea that kid Jon can't return for this that or whatever reason related to PR optics is absurd. Watch some Dragonball Z.
    I've been using the Future Trunks example for a while now. We could definitely still have both of them.
    Last edited by Blue22; 03-15-2022 at 06:26 PM.

I'm kinda coming around but I will say if they at least deaged him to 14 they could be doing the same story their doing now making him a full ass adult will have always been unnecessary to me I stand by that, 14 would be a happy medium best of both worlds IMO he can even be bisexual and all if we get another reboot that's what they should do.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I've been using the Future Trunks example for a while now. We could definitely still have both of them.
    You and me both, its not that freaking hard to do it. if Marvel have both Betsy Braddock and Kwannon coexisting without alienating both the OG and Body Swapped Psylocke fanbases.
    Why they could not do the same by pulling a Mirai Trunks / Kid Trunks existing separetely and distinct to each other without alienating or anger both sides. Everyone wins lol.
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Just because he's bi doesn't mean he can't be de-aged.
    I'm curious - as a thought experiment here, it's obvious that Jon's fanbase is quite divided - one side wants him de-aged and (possibly) de-sexualized, the other prefers mature Jon and following along with him as he explores his sexuality.

Would a revelation that there are two Jons help smooth things over? Maybe showing that adult Jon is in fact an alternate, or an Earth-3 version that heroically overcame the inherent corruption of that universe, and kid Jon is still in stasis over there. I don't see any reason why both can't co-exist at the same time, or am I being too simplistic here?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    You and me both, its not that freaking hard to do it. if Marvel have both Betsy Braddock and Kwannon coexisting without alienating both the OG and Body Swapped Psylocke fanbases.
    Why they could not do the same by pulling a Mirai Trunks / Kid Trunks existing separetely and distinct to each other without alienating or anger both sides. Everyone wins lol.
    I don't post as much as Blue22 or garazza, mainly because most of it would end up spilling into another "de-age Jon NOW!" kind of thing, and I get others want to talk about other things.

But I can do one better than even Future Trunks and kid Trunks (whom will finally hit puberty in the upcoming movie); Supergirl and Powergirl. Both biologically the same person, but personality wise and age wise, very different. And both are from the Superman lore. So there is precedent for this sort of thing not only in DC, but the Superman part of DC at that.

And I would be fine with a 14 year old Jon. Honestly, that would be my only criticism is that Jon and Damian, being the peers that they are, weren't made the same age from the start.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Have you heard of surrogacy and adoption?
    Or you could simply entertain the possibility he gets with another woman and that Jay or a male interest isn't some sacred cow that Jon is attached to for all time. Bi means he swings both ways and that should be reflected in the books.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 03-16-2022 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    I'm curious - as a thought experiment here, it's obvious that Jon's fanbase is quite divided - one side wants him de-aged and (possibly) de-sexualized, the other prefers mature Jon and following along with him as he explores his sexuality.

Would a revelation that there are two Jons help smooth things over? Maybe showing that adult Jon is in fact an alternate, or an Earth-3 version that heroically overcame the inherent corruption of that universe, and kid Jon is still in stasis over there. I don't see any reason why both can't co-exist at the same time, or am I being too simplistic here?
    That's honestly the perfect scenario. Best of both worlds. Though, like Garazza said, him being a kid doesn't mean he can't still be bi. So it's not like having kid Jon back means they won't touch on that or that nobody wants to see them touch on that. It just means he won't have any serious relationships for a while. Give him a male equivalent to his relationship with Kathy and you're pretty much set for the time being. Just...make him more interesting than Kathy. She was always my one main criticism with Tomasi's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    And I would be fine with a 14 year old Jon. Honestly, that would be my only criticism is that Jon and Damian, being the peers that they are, weren't made the same age from the start.
    This is something else I'd be totally okay with. I actually liked the age difference between him and Damian but I'm cool with them being the same age too, like in DCeased.

And 14 would be the best compromise. Still old enough to be a teenager and do all the things you could see an older Jon do, but young enough to still be considered a kid. A kid at what is typically the most interesting period of any growing up/coming of age story.

Bi means he swings both ways and that should be reflected in the books.
    That is actually a fair point. It's one thing I'm hoping we see with both Jon and Tim (though, in the latter's case that's just the bitter TimSteph shipper in me). I don't care who their endgame ends up being (Actually no. I do care in Tim's case lol) but it'd be nice to show that they are attracted to both genders. Especially when we still have people that think bi dudes are just gay dudes who don't wanna admit they're gay.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Or you could simply entertain the possibility he gets with another woman and that Jay or a male interest isn't some sacred cow that Jon is attached to for all time. Bi means he swings both ways and that should be reflected in the books.
    Of course he could get together with another woman, no one's denying that. But ruling out him being married to a man because he has grandkids in the future is ridiculous when things like adoption and surrogacy exist. Especially considering the fact that his father was also adopted.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Also true. Though...the fact that said grandkids seem to have his powers leads me to believe they're, at the very least, probably not adopted.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I don't care who their endgame ends up being (Actually no. I do care in Tim's case lol) but it'd be nice to show that they are attracted to both genders.
    I trust Tim's current writer (the one who introduced Bernard) with this actually, as their Young Justice: Dark Crisis preview pages show a flashback to Tim's brief relation with Cassie.