Page 70 of 73 FirstFirst ... 20606667686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1086
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Gonna be evil right now and say that the artist of the Doomsday story knew what they were doing. Last panel on the bottom left, the way they look there. I know its to show they are best friends but my brain went, that kinda looks more like two teens on the whole cusp of realizing a confession could happen.
    https://mlpnk72yciwc.i.optimole.com/...k-Army-1-7.jpg

Years ago another member asked which shonen hero I'd model Jon on and my answer would be Yuji from Jujutsu Kaisen or Sabo from One Piece. Shonen heroes age poorly but these two are easier to like as I got older.

I'm hoping teen Jon's outfit from the team super makes it into Superman and Lois. The show can do some of his arcs justice.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-30-2022 at 12:07 PM.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Years ago another member asked which shonen hero I'd model Jon on and my answer would be Yuji from Jujutsu Kaisen or Sabo from One Piece. Shonen heroes age poorly but these two are easier to like as I got older.

I'm hoping teen Jon's outfit from the team super makes it into Superman and Lois. The show can do some of his arcs justice.
    Would totally agree with you on the shounen hero and yes please, can we get that look on the show?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

Sabo isn't a protagonist..but,you do know he is a runaway from ******* rich bureaucrat noble family.Yuji wants to have a funeral that's surrounded by people/not die without people around.So much so he is recklessly saving people and going towards it.The character is grieving in a subtle way his grandp.on top of that,The first friend he made during the grieving process gets killed.

Superman and superboys are milquetoast heroes that don't have deep motives like that(clark has a savior complex.. That's it.It's pros and cons are never discussed) and it wouldn't go down well with wholesome farmboy family..

Shonen heroes can't be used for modeling superman or his cast.Heck!the pulp heroes that made superman,can't.Superman fans want an "ideal" nice guy boyscout with wholesome vibes.I made peace with it and decided the character ain't for me.Except for places here and there.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-30-2022 at 08:20 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Reminds me a crossover with Dragon Ball would be amusing.

Something funny thinking of Jon playing with Goten and the parental differences between the Kent family and the Son family would be on full display.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 12-01-2022 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Would totally agree with you on the shounen hero and yes please, can we get that look on the show?
    CW John is my favorite take on him so it feels like a good fit. I wouldn't mind if he ends the show traveling with his uncle doing a better version of the Mr. Oz stuff.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-30-2022 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Reminds me a crossover with Dragon Ball would be amusing.

Something funny thinking of Jon playing with Goten and the parental differences between the Kent family and the Son family would be on full display.
    It would be a fun crossover. Goten would try heat vision, and Jon would try the Kamehameha.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Sabo isn't a protagonist..but,you do know he is a runaway from ******* rich bureaucrat noble family.Yuji wants to have a funeral that's surrounded by people/not die without people around.So much so he is recklessly saving people and going towards it.The character is grieving in a subtle way his grandp.on top of that,The first friend he made during the grieving process gets killed.

Superman and superboys are milquetoast heroes that don't have deep motives like that(clark has a savior complex.. That's it.It's pros and cons are never discussed) and it wouldn't go down well with wholesome farmboy family..

Shonen heroes can't be used for modeling superman or his cast.Heck!the pulp heroes that made superman,can't.Superman fans want an "ideal" nice guy boyscout with wholesome vibes.I made peace with it and decided the character ain't for me.Except for places here and there.
    I was going for a vibe than a one to one comparison.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-02-2022 at 05:14 AM.

Man, this is some really GREAT stuff!!!!!!!

It's real shame DC decided to throw away so much story/character potential by forcing teen Jon on us

Superx theorized that Future State Jon could've traveled back to the present and that would set up Future State. I just thought it was a fun way to do the timeskip.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-11-2022 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Man, this is some really GREAT stuff!!!!!!!

It's real shame DC decided to throw away so much story/character potential by forcing teen Jon on us
    Now I kind of want Jon to race Wally.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

finally,something really exciting..now this feels supersons...

Fanart like this just makes me even madder at what DC did with Jon.
    Of course, Lois would be ready to wash out Jon's mouth when he got home, but yeah.

The thing about supersons is they are bunch of energetic, adventurous little rascals Who aren't just saving the world.They want to have fun while getting stuck with heavy stuff...If you loose track of the latter.Then especially jon kent becomes bland.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-12-2022 at 09:57 AM.