Page 24 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Yeah, no. I'm gonna have to see some interior art before I gauge my disinterest. If DC is this aware of how much the age up ruined things, they very much do not deserve my money until they fix their mistake.

Tom King does a shockingly good Superman and it would've been nice to see his take on the Rebirth-era Superfam, but the alleged meta-narrative on "missing out on his teenage years" just rubs me the wrong way and is the exact opposite of appealing to Jon Kent fans. Like, all of the men that have written Jon have sons around his age, so why they aren't lobbying together against the age up mandate so they can write stories I know they desperately want to write but can't because of the age up is beyond me.
    Last edited by garazza; 04-07-2022 at 11:21 AM.

BANNED

I have to concur...they can't even present Kid Jon as he normally is...he has to be altered in some way

I might give it a buy just so they know there is still a market for young Jon but yeah...my guard is very much up right now.

Tom King writing a Superman and Superboy one shot, set in a universe where....I guess Jon is like the Dick Grayson era Robin. I've never seen something I've always wanted delivered in such an unfavorable way. This is weird but...worth giving a shot to.

Yeah, gonna need a little more to go on myself. And honestly, Jon should have had several years, a decade even, before he got to, well, being what's in comics now.

Tom King... Hearing he does a great job with the Supers in general is good to hear, but after what he did on Batman, its understandable why some of us are apprehensive about it.

Best thing right now, for both, would be the kid and adult Jons. Time paradoxes be damned. Fake Jon fans get what they want, real Jon fans get what we want. Maybe have kid Jon 13-14. Similar age to Damian for when they do team up, can be on the Titans, etc.

If you guys are hoping for a “wholesome” story or whatever… this will not be that, I feel very confident about that lol. This will likely be For The Man Who Has Everything 2.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If you guys are hoping for a “wholesome” story or whatever… this will not be that, I feel very confident about that lol. This will likely be For The Man Who Has Everything 2.
    Honestly, I think Tom King is the only guy I trust to tell a more serious and mature in tone Superfam story than Superman would otherwise have with some actual tact.
    Last edited by garazza; 04-07-2022 at 04:03 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If you guys are hoping for a “wholesome” story or whatever… this will not be that
    We'll see.

Tom King's writing for Superman has been on the whole largely wholesome...other than the one chapter of Up, Up In The Air where he fantasizes about the many ways Lois could die without him being there.

Many cite the famous 'double date' issue of his Batman run as one of the best of the Rebirth era.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

The book had a cover with robin and supes had serious goldenage-silverage transition vibe..
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 04-08-2022 at 04:05 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    The present and future of Jon Kent as Superman is bright and exciting!

Is this fan made, or is from the upcoming Pride issue? I really love it

BANNED

This week on a very special Superman

spoilers:
    Jon comes out to his mom
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    This week on a very special Superman

spoilers:
    Jon comes out to his mom
    end of spoilers
    I'm actually happy about this it was bugging me honestly.

Wouldn't be surprised if she already knows and was just waiting for him to say something. In fact I'd be almost willing to bet that's what's gonna happen.

Either way, meh. Wake me up when he comes out to Ma and Pa. Then there might be something to talk about. But that's a big "might"

Pa and Ma having trouble accepting Jon’s sexuality would actually somewhat justify their continued alive status, but Taylor won’t go that route.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/