Page 10 of 73 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Just because he's front and centered doesn't mean he's accepted. Just look at Roman Reigns in WWE when he was the Big Dog in the 2010s.
    Lol I knew you’d object to that post.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    You know me so well *blush*

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

I love how 50% of this appreciation is just bashing Teen Jon. Never change cbr.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    I need to calculate when is the official day where Jon will have been a teen longer than a kid. That will be a fun day
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I need to calculate when is the official day where Jon will have been a teen longer than a kid. That will be a fun day
    How I imagine it will go down

Taylor confirming that this will be Dick and Jon centric . I wonder if Williamson's take on Jon will get the same response as Taylor's.

We've passed that date. I think he's been aged up for 3 years now when he was only a kid for 2 (and he did more in those 2 years than he's ever done in the past 3 including this Crisis, but that's just me stirring the pot)

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

so is the monkey prince gonna be in this dark crisis thing?Cause that sounds interesting..wanna have him meet jon..They are both sons of legendary heroes(sons of a boyscout and a rule breaker).One became superhero.while the other hates them.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-09-2022 at 11:34 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    so is the monkey prince gonna be in this dark crisis thing?Cause that sounds interesting..wanna have him meet jon..They are both sons of legendary heroes(sons of a boyscout and a rule breaker).One became superhero.while the other hates them.
    It would be cool to see them together

I would love to see Yang write an older Jon (be great if Kenan and Jon could meet as well).

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Funny enough, I used to come in the thread more often to defend teen Jon during the Bendis days but Taylor’s current run has me so uninterested in Jon lately, hope dark crisis renews my excitement for him.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    And hopefully die as Superman, too, and come back as Superboy.
    Here, here. The classic Bart Allen treatment.

If he didn't, it would have been me. I'm nothing if not predictable lol
    Last edited by Blue22; 02-09-2022 at 02:57 PM.

At the moment, Jon's been a teenager for approximately the same amount of time that he's been a kid. Jon first appeared as a 8-9-year-old in Superman: Lois and Clark #1 which was published in October 2015. Bendis aged Jon up on the final page of Superman #6 which was published in December 2018. Both Kid Jon, or the real Jon as I prefer to call him, and Teen Jon have been canon for 3 years and 2 months. After this month, Teen Jon will have been the status quo for longer than kid Jon. Which is a sad thought in my opinion.

I would love to see Yang write an older Jon (be great if Kenan and Jon could meet as well).
    Kenan should have been more overtly different in branding..while being super-man.They just advertised him as chinese superman.. That's not really interesting.I am glad they are doing the monkey king based stories now..I wish the character was connected to Superfamily and mythos..Instead the character is in gotham and batman is the one who introduces it.. Superfamily would have been greater for having a rule-breaking, adventurous, energetic..etc causing all sorts of chaos and mischief.

Making Superfamily/cast more diverse is the way to go..in everyway.This "super(insert anything here)" is dumb way and outdated way. Have the characters,designs and powers be radically different is my view.

Kenan should have been more overtly different in branding..while being super-man.They just advertised him as chinese superman.. That's not really interesting.I am glad they are doing the monkey king based stories now..I wish the character was connected to Superfamily and mythos..Instead the character is in gotham and batman is the one who introduces it.. Superfamily would have been greater for having a rule-breaking, adventurous, energetic..etc causing all sorts of chaos and mischief.

Making Superfamily/cast more diverse is the way to go..in everyway.This "super(insert anything here)" is dumb way and outdated way. Have the characters,designs and powers be radically different is my view.
    I'm glad he's stand-alone. Introducing a character based on the Monkey King just to use him for some Superman lore would be a waste. It's like if Diana or Dr Fate were just side characters for Batman.

But I agree that he should interact with Superman because Yang is good at writing Superman stories.

I'm glad he's stand-alone. Introducing a character based on the Monkey King just to use him for some Superman lore would be a waste. It's like if Diana or Dr Fate were just side characters for Batman.

But I agree that he should interact with Superman because Yang is good at writing Superman stories.
    Him being a standalone is fine even now and is what i want.But,They are going to use him as batfamily adjacent..The monkey prince would have been far better with superman as adjacent property like say the new gods..Something connected to superman but with it's own pull.Heck! superfamily should be like that.Everycharacter should have their own marketability.