Page 16 of 73 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    I miss Jon and Damian as younger characters. Especially Jon.

I wonder if DC has really done research on this to see that both characters are more popular when they're older? Maybe I'm just in the minority.
    Judging by how great the sales have been on Jon's book, I think you are in the minority, sorry.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    Judging by how great the sales have been on Jon's book, I think you are in the minority, sorry.
    A minority isn't always wrong, or unimportant.

And 'sales' success or failure can be spun either way at this point, and is thus meaningless.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    A minority isn't always wrong, or unimportant.

And 'sales' success or failure can be spun either way at this point, and is thus meaningless.
    In this case it is their another minority that is rooting for this Jon
    You got it let it go

E1D0F8C6-91A1-49F3-9441-9F7A3372AA88.jpg

20D4FA1A-3D48-4104-A287-779EB9C9BE9D.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    I miss Jon and Damian as younger characters. Especially Jon.

I wonder if DC has really done research on this to see that both characters are more popular when they're older? Maybe I'm just in the minority.
    You are far from the minority. Anyone that says otherwise is just trying to feel better about themselves,

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    In this case it is their another minority that is rooting for this Jon

E1D0F8C6-91A1-49F3-9441-9F7A3372AA88.jpg

20D4FA1A-3D48-4104-A287-779EB9C9BE9D.jpg
    Then they should actually buy his comic. They're not. They got what they wanted with Issue 5 so there's no need to.

Devin Grayson and Nick Robles are doing the Jon story which seemed quite, until it hit me.

Grayson is a bi woman, so it seemed a logical choice, but female bisexuality is very different very male bisexuality, and it should be known that one experience is not a replacement for the other. Plus, there is an uncomfortable and overwhelming trend toward only really letting female writers instead of male writers write stories that prominently feature queer male characters because there's this misguided belief that for some reason women write queer men better than actual queer men (see Tim Drake).

Writers tend to focus too heavily on the sex part of sexuality, but I can image Grayson being tasteful and writing about the bisexual experience in general, but her artist is Robles. You know, the artist who drew the sexy workout cheesecake pin-up covers of the Robins mini. DC's need to sexulize a minor character like Jon is unsettling. Just de-age him already and let James Tynion write him for a bit.
    Last edited by garazza; 03-15-2022 at 06:53 AM.

Well those of you missing kid Jon and Damian will have their gender bent counterparts from Earth 11 at least. So here’s Talia and Joan(?)!
    Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Devin Grayson and Nick Robles are doing the Jon story which seemed quite, until it hit me.

Grayson is a bi woman, so it seemed a logical choice, but female bisexuality is very different very male bisexuality, and it should be known that one experience is not a replacement for the other. Plus, there is an uncomfortable and overwhelming trend toward only really letting female writers instead of male writers write stories that prominently feature queer male characters because there's this misguided belief that for some reason women write queer men better than actual queer men (see Tim Drake).

Writers tend to focus too heavily on the sex part of sexuality, but I can image Grayson being tasteful and writing about the bisexual experience in general, but her artist is Robles. You know, the artist who drew the sexy workout cheesecake pin-up covers of the Robins mini. DC's need to sexulize a minor character like Jon is unsettling. Just de-age him already and let James Tynion write him for a bit.
    He’s 18 now. I don’t think Tynion is ever coming back, and if he did it would only be for more Batman.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He’s 18 now.
    I though he was almost 18, unless there's a birthday that occurred off-panel, like all the other more compelling and interesting aspects of Jon in SSoK. As far as I know, he's still 17 and a minor.

I don’t think Tynion is ever coming back, and if he did it would only be for more Batman.
    He come back to do Sandman, so that bridge isn't burned. I'd think he'd want to take a break from Batman the way editorial treated him, but if given the opportunity for a bisexual man to write about a bisexual boy growing up, I'd think he'd take it. If Tom King can write a Superwoman book, why not given Tynion a Superboy book.

Apparently, Jon will show up in the just announced Dark Crisis: Young Justice six issue tie-in mini.

I would've actually picked this book up because I love YJ enough to have stuck around for 10-11 issues of Bendis' run, but with aged up Jon showing up, I can rest easy knowing I'll have saved money by not buying the book.
    Last edited by garazza; 03-15-2022 at 08:24 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Then they should actually buy his comic. They're not. They got what they wanted with Issue 5 so there's no need to.
    You don’t back track from this kind of thing it’s a done deal

You don’t back track from this kind of thing it’s a done deal
    Just because he's bi doesn't mean he can't be de-aged.

Just because he's bi doesn't mean he can't be de-aged.
    Dude they’re aging Damian up to be closer to him!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Dude they’re aging Damian up to be closer to him!
    Because he's existed for 15 years and he's just barely a teenager now. Jon exist for 2 years before they aged him 7 years. Bring him back down to Damian's age. Couldn't be more obvious or uncomplicated.
    Last edited by garazza; 03-15-2022 at 09:05 AM.

Because he's existed for 15 years now. Jon exist for 2 years before they aged him 7 years. Bring him back down to Damian's age. Couldn't be more obvious.
    Only comparable situation would be Bart, but that was something they never intended to last. Bart was just the stop gate for Barry. That’s not the case with Jon, especially since they’re making a huge deal of a “bisexual” Superman. Don’t let me stop you from boycotting, we’re all entitled to our preferences, but I think you’re in a Hiroo Onoda situation

BANNED

Jon doesn't need to be deaged, just use time travel to bring kid Jon back to the present and set up a compelling drama that turns teen Jon into a walking paradox that can be shunted off to his own little corner while Lois and Clark get a second chance.

The idea that kid Jon can't return for this that or whatever reason related to PR optics is absurd. Watch some Dragonball Z.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 03-15-2022 at 09:17 AM.