Page 17 of 73 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Only comparable situation would be Bart, but that was something they never intended to last. Bart was just the stop gate for Barry. That’s not the case with Jon, especially since they’re making a huge deal of a “bisexual” Superman.
    Then why is Clark still around if Jon is going to be THE Superman? Makes more sense to just de-age him and have him be the Bi Kid of the family and everyone else has their little familial niches and roles (Cousin Kara, Big Brother Conner, etc.), unlike now when there are way too many characters with a more legitimate claim to being Superman than the one that is currently being called "Superman," even the actual Superman himself. I'd say Bart's case is way more comparable to Jon's than not, and we should look to how the Flash family has handled supporting character taking up the title role and returning to their previous positions but are still no lesser part of the family than when they first joined.

Don’t let me stop you from boycotting, we’re all entitled to our preferences, but I think you’re in a Hiroo Onoda situation
    I prefer to think of myself as a Hachiko lol
    Last edited by garazza; 03-15-2022 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Then why is Clark still around if Jon is going to be THE Superman? Makes more sense to just de-age him and have him be the Bi Kid of the family and everyone else has their little familial niches and roles (Cousin Kara, Big Brother Conner, etc.), unlike now when there are way too many characters with a more legitimate claim to being Superman than the one that is currently being called "Superman," even the actual Superman himself. I'd say Bart's case is way more comparable to Jon's than not, and we should look to how the Flash family has handled supporting character taking up the title role and returning to their previous positions but are still no lesser part of the family than when they first joined.

I prefer to think of myself as a Hachiko lol
    He’s not the Superman but he is a Superman. It’s no different from how you’ve got Miles and Peter, or Steve and Sam, or Arthur and Kaldur, or the GLs. Shared mantles seem to be the norm going forward.

You’re already harassing Kaminski on Twitter? Have you gotten blocked by anyone for that? I don’t think harassing people on Twitter is going to get you what you want.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

He’s not the Superman but he is a Superman. It’s no different from how you’ve got Miles and Peter, or Steve and Sam, or Arthur and Kaldur, or the GLs. Shared mantles seem to be the norm going forward.
    Mantle sharing works for some heroes but not others. I don't think the title of "Superman" works, or should work, the same way as "Green Lantern" does. I'm not a Spider-Man fan, but I don't like the fact that there are two Spider-Men in the same city at the same time, but they've somehow made Miles and Peter work by only very sparingly having them interact, otherwise they're on their own with their own stories. I don't think they can make "Superman" work like that because they're doing it with "Batman" with Bruce and Jace, and all that did was unnecessarily overcomplicate the Bat books by having a superfluous Batman.

You’re already harassing Kaminski on Twitter? Have you gotten blocked by anyone for that? I don’t think harassing people on Twitter is going to get you what you want.
    What makes you say it was me? And I have been blocked by Taylor (obv), but so has a lot people, so I'm not special.

Mantle sharing works for some heroes but not others. I don't think the title of "Superman" works, or should work, the same way as "Green Lantern" does. I'm not a Spider-Man fan, but I don't like the fact that there are two Spider-Men in the same city at the same time, but they've somehow made Miles and Peter work by only very sparingly having them interact, otherwise they're on their own with their own stories. I don't think they can make "Superman" work like that because they're doing it with "Batman" with Bruce and Jace, and all that did was unnecessarily overcomplicate the Bat books by having a superfluous Batman.
    I can’t say I love it myself but regardless, it’s the direction we’re headed in. People want more representation and diversity, but by and large they won’t support new characters. So the only way to give them said diversity without pissing off fans of the OGs by killing or changing the OGs is to share mantles. Plus it’s a way to lay a foundation for the shared cinematic universe where actors are tied to characters and characters get retired, but the shared universe still carries on.

What makes you say it was me? And I have been blocked by Taylor (obv), but so has a lot people, so I'm not special.
    You’re the dude with the Hilary Clinton wearing goggles avatar aren’t you lol? I guessed it was you because that profile is always needling people about Jon and has a rainbow in his name, which iirc you said you yourself were gay.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

People want more representation and diversity
    I've found in modern society, that People:

A. Don't know what they want and have to be constantly told what they want
    B. Have no idea what those words even mean anymore
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 03-15-2022 at 10:50 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Just because he's bi doesn't mean he can't be de-aged.
    Which won’t happen while he is dating Jay
    AB984B89-2240-426C-B6C9-1592A6379C13.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Which won’t happen while he is dating Jay
    AB984B89-2240-426C-B6C9-1592A6379C13.jpg
    Jay won't last. The future in Supersons depicts Jon as being a grandfather.

And if the LGBQT+ have a problem with a little curve ball being thrown that derails their relationship, then frankly they are not the right audience to serve, couples should face hardships to be interesting, and nothing lingers more in the mind than a tragic love story.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 03-15-2022 at 11:10 AM.

I can’t say I love it myself but regardless, it’s the direction we’re headed in. People want more representation and diversity, but by and large they won’t support new characters. So the only way to give them said diversity without pissing off fans of the OGs by killing or changing the OGs is to share mantles. Plus it’s a way to lay a foundation for the shared cinematic universe where actors are tied to characters and characters get retired, but the shared universe still carries on.
    I see what you mean, but I feel that there's a difference between sharing mantles and creating legacy. New characters should be associated with established characters, otherwise they have no staying power on their own, but that doesn't mean they should take over for that character (especially when they're still around and not dead/unable to hold the title) in order to stick around.

You’re the dude with the Hilary Clinton wearing goggles avatar aren’t you lol? I guessed it was you because that profile is always needling people about Jon and has a rainbow in his name, which iirc you said you yourself were gay.
    There are lots of gay people on the internet and I'm sure some of them, like myself, also like Jon. Not the best assumption to make, big guy lol

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post

And if the LGBQT+ have a problem with a little curve ball being thrown that derails their relationship, then frankly they are not the right audience to serve, couples should face hardships to be interesting, and nothing lingers more in the mind than a tragic love story.
    Unless it also depicts his wife, that doesn't mean anything in this day and age - certainly not in superhero comics where technology and magic can do whatever writers want it to. The kids could be adopted, be adopted clones, be from a previous relationship, be incubated in an artificial womb through magic or technology etc.

Jon could still end up with a husband.
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 03-15-2022 at 12:04 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post
    Unless it also depicts his wife, that doesn't mean anything in this day and age - certainly not in superhero comics where technology and magic can do whatever writers want it to. The kids could be adopted, be adopted clones, be from a previous relationship, be incubated in an artificial womb through magic or technology etc.

Jon could still end up with a husband.
    And why does it need to necessarily end with a husband for an endgame? Because he's dating a man in the present? To 'validate' his current sexual preference and not tick off the types of people who just aren't buying the book?

Amongst your other points is something I do find ground with, if his kids are from previous relations, that still means he ditches Jay and moves on. That is what I mean by Jay not lasting. In real life a lot of these relationships don't really stand a chance and it's a pipe dream for it to be ideal and perfect.

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

And why does it need to necessarily end with a husband for an endgame? Because he's dating a man in the present? To 'validate' his current sexual preference and not tick off the types of people who just aren't buying the book?

Amongst your other points is something I do find ground with, if his kids are from previous relations, that still means he ditches Jay and moves on. That is what I mean by Jay not lasting. In real life a lot of these relationships don't really stand a chance and it's a pipe dream for it to be ideal and perfect.
    Why does he necessarily need to end up with a woman?

Anyway,

You argued that his relationship with Jay won't last because Jon was a grandfather therefore we know he doesn't end up with a man. I simply pointed out the problems with that argument, namely that, in this day and age, Jon could have a husband and still be a grandfather, especially in the comicbook world where things are not beholden to what is currently possible the real world (and gay couples being grandparents is very possible today)

I don't think Jay is going to be Jon's de facto love interest, but Jon being a grandfather is not inherent proof of anything. Did the story depict that his partner was female?
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 03-15-2022 at 01:12 PM.

Trust me the Super Sons series isn’t going to be something that editors force writers to adhere too. Although PKJ also has Jon possessing biological descendants so… but I don’t think Jon and Jay will break up for as long as Taylor has the book.

I see what you mean, but I feel that there's a difference between sharing mantles and creating legacy. New characters should be associated with established characters, otherwise they have no staying power on their own, but that doesn't mean they should take over for that character (especially when they're still around and not dead/unable to hold the title) in order to stick around.

There are lots of gay people on the internet and I'm sure some of them, like myself, also like Jon. Not the best assumption to make, big guy lol
    Hey if it isn’t you fair enough lol, I just don’t know many gay men who want Jon deaged and are as assertive as you. I apologize for assuming.

You can produce a child & be with a dude my guy the 2 are not mutually exclusive. Tho I do agree Jay is boring he won't last.

BANNED

I don’t think Jon and Jay will break up for as long as Taylor has the book.
    I can see Jay being a 'creator's pet' given all the plot armour he's been given, yes, but Taylor's demonstrated his ability to pop a nice little balloon he's made also.

Also this is a nitpick for me Jay's inconsistent height annoys me he was only like 4 inches shorter than Jon last appearance!