Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    The daughters from Secret Identity would be my ideal take on the colors. The yellow dominating with the cape, the red pants, and then the blue top in the middle.

Just not the yellow cape, I find it very ugly!

However, I could imagine a more yellow type of suit for Jon, yellow boots for example. Just not a fully yellow cape.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Funny you should mention that because in Bendis' Legion Future State they did at one point get very, very close to GREATLY switching up not just Jon's look but the colors too.

Jon's the one in tan next to Saturn Girl. You can see that his "cape" is more like a rain poncho, and the S shield on the "cape" is in the front and is only visible when the two halves meet. And under the poncho he has a second S shield but in a different color. He also has a bunch of neat stickers and patches on him.

Honestly-- while, yes, it's a pretty "out there" look for a Superman-- I do think it's the most "Jon" look that Jon has had since he was a kid. There's so much personality to this look. There's flare to it that isn't flamboyant like Conner, but kind of "skater boy-ish" in the same way that Jon's sneakers and ripped jeans were. But on top of that it also denotes a sort of "scrapbook" feel that is appropriate for someone who would've by then seen the galaxy in two diffrent time periods. Jon strikes me as the kind of kid who would wear a bunch of stickers and pins that remind him of all he's done. Like a Fortress of Solitude that he wears. I think it's a really fresh and modern take on the look.

It should be noted; hoodies and ponchos are VERY different things. In general, wearing a hoodie? Sure. I can see a modern hero wearing it if need be. A poncho? Especially that kind? I'm normally not one to criticize fashion choices, but wow is that fugly. Not just ugly, but fugly.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Smh!People hating on ponchos..Hoodies suck!!Big time!
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Still a fan of the capeless look myself. Wonder if they ever considered switching up the color scheme for Jon as well? Something other than his dad’s traditional red and blue color scheme?
    I also like the capeless look on Jon, it is more youthful.

Funny you should mention that because in Bendis' Legion Future State they did at one point get very, very close to GREATLY switching up not just Jon's look but the colors too.

I do like the attempt at something different but I don't think it works for me, I feel like the yellow and brown may be too dull but the rain poncho is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Yeah this is what I think is being set up right now. Hope it happens.
    The only person Taylor has not used yet in his crossovers is Yara, and I feel that will happen sooner rather than later.

I’m expecting Yara to cross over with Jon at some point. Will Ridley let Jace meet the other two I wonder?

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Their been any word of a new artist coming cause theirs only so much more I can take.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m expecting Yara to cross over with Jon at some point. Will Ridley let Jace meet the other two I wonder?

Probably depends on what Ridley is doing in terms of establishing Jace as the Batman of NYC. I'd probably expect Taylor to write the story first, seeing as Ridley probably wants to establish his Jace foundation post-Fear State.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Their been any word of a new artist coming cause theirs only so much more I can take.
    Mikel Janin was supposed to take over Action but instead that didn’t happen. Makes me wonder if he’ll be on SSOKE instead. No sign that Timms is getting replaced so far however.
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Probably depends on what Ridley is doing in terms of establishing Jace as the Batman of NYC. I'd probably expect Taylor to write the story first, seeing as Ridley probably wants to establish his Jace foundation post-Fear State.
    Yeah Taylor is being the first one to have a FS Trinity member interact with the wider DCU in their solo.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I would've just titled the thread 'Jon Kent: Superman'. That'd really get the people going!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I would've just titled the thread 'Jon Kent: Superman'. That'd really get the people going!
    Nah! everyone's quiet.Also jon needs a pet badly..How come no writer is working on that...Get him a giant dragon or something.
    I like the polar bear idea..But,the bear is just normal..I mean, wouldn't he get squished or something during battles and junk
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-02-2022 at 11:32 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

+1 more for capeless Jon. Generally speaking I dig the FS look, although I'd dial back the belt a bit and make it more sleek.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Astonishing Member

It probably has something to do with Legion.

I don't know why but my brain just immediately went to a joke of Jon going "don't stare at shirtless Aquaman"

Because Jon has a boyfriend right now and here's Aquaman just running around without a shirt 75% of the time right now, seems like a good time for a joke like that.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.