Page 28 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    This looks great, love Shaner’s Superman and his Jon is no exception.

Also I just want to say that I liked Nightwing calling in Jon for help to take out the assassin guild. It’s a nice carry over from their recent crossover
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Yeah, nice four panel page there showing Jon, Starfire, Tempest and Donna Troy apprehending the assassins. Good to know that Dick can rely on Superman and the Titans. And for once, Garth isn't a butt monkey!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    There's Cyborg Superman, Eradicator, Ultraman, Bizarro (Bizarro World), and now Clone Superman!

In all seriousness, if Clark was showing some teeth in his smile, or fakeJon closed his mouth a bit, they would be the exact same, body shape notwithstanding.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Oh what I would have given for a Superboys book in the same vain as the current Batgirls

https://twitter.com/hokkemaruyaki/st...129985/photo/1

BANNED

Did DC Make a Mistake by Turning Jon Kent Into a Teenager Too Soon?

https://www.cbr.com/did-dc-make-a-mi...to-a-teenager/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Did DC Make a Mistake by Turning Jon Kent Into a Teenager Too Soon?

https://www.cbr.com/did-dc-make-a-mi...to-a-teenager/
    Ooohh this is interesting! If CBR is writing articles like this you'd better believe that DC has been in touch with them. I'm sensing that we'll have a de-aged Jon by the end of the year.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I don't really care..i just want entertaining stories with the kid.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    Ooohh this is interesting! If CBR is writing articles like this you'd better believe that DC has been in touch with them. I'm sensing that we'll have a de-aged Jon by the end of the year.
    Ehh I doubt it. Teenagers have always been the more lucrative target demo than kids for comics since the 1960's with the rise of Spider-Man and Marvel.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Ehh I doubt it. Teenagers have always been the more lucrative target demo than kids for comics since the 1960's with the rise of Spider-Man and Marvel.
    60's wasn't what changed the game..it was the 70s and especially 80s.DC went stupid and tried to emitate that soap opera-ness drama.On top of that they tried to copy "moore and miller formula" without any essense what so ever.They made dcu into a more batman and co company.All of these had disastrous consequences for the dc..Overall,kids can be and should be a target demo.Make different type of comics,for everyone would be my opinion.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    And yet, with young Jon and Super Sons (and Wayne Family Adventures), there is a good sized demographic of people wanting kid/family friendly stuff as well. Which can easily be a bridge into more comics at large.

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    That is VERY wishful thinking. As much as I want that to be the case, I wouldn't get my hopes up for that. At all lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    And yet, with young Jon and Super Sons (and Wayne Family Adventures), there is a good sized demographic of people wanting kid/family friendly stuff as well. Which can easily be a bridge into more comics at large.
    I still think a nice middle ground would have been to just make him Damian's age. Like he was in DCeased. You get the teenage stories plus the family/growing up stuff.
    Last edited by Blue22; 04-25-2022 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    That is VERY wishful thinking. As much as I want that to be the case, I wouldn't get my hopes up for that. At all lol

I still think a nice middle ground would have been to just make him Damian's age. Like he was in DCeased. You get the teenage stories plus the family/growing up stuff.
    I guess some people don’t know the main CBR page is basically just clickbait aside from the occasional interview

Still I think there may be a Super Sons Webtoon one day
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post

He honestly should have been Damian's age (be it 10 or 13, now 14) to begin with. That's really my only qualm.

Jon's worst fear just came to pass. Remember how he didn't want Clark to go to Warworld because the Legion's history books showed no trace of him after that? Well, Jon heard from Robin that Batman was teleported away, and correctly suspects that the same thing happened to his father. Just as Black Adam shows up to tell Jon, Wally, Naomi and Detective Chimp that the Justice League are dead (though since Adam and Naomi were both on the active League roster, Adam chose the wrong words - they're badly decimated, but not all dead).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman