Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    It probably has something to do with Legion.
    For sure, I’m just wondering if JL vs. LoSH is going to end with Jon joining the JL
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I don't know why but my brain just immediately went to a joke of Jon going "don't stare at shirtless Aquaman"

Because Jon has a boyfriend right now and here's Aquaman just running around without a shirt 75% of the time right now, seems like a good time for a joke like that.
    Maybe he's too turned off by that beard .
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    For sure, I’m just wondering if JL vs. LoSH is going to end with Jon joining the JL
    I guess if Bendis is bowing out for Taylor, it would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe he's too turned off by that beard .

I guess if Bendis is bowing out for Taylor, it would make sense.
    He just goes back to Jay: "hey...if you decide to grow facial hair, could you just keep it neat for me?"
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    He just goes back to Jay: "hey...if you decide to grow facial hair, could you just keep it neat for me?"
    Or at least make sure your beard isn't drawn by Sanford Greene...

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

No doubt Jon joins the Justice League post Bendis, but did everyone suddenly forget how time travel works?

Jon's most likely *not* with Jay in this story since he's wearing his Legion suit rather than his new Son of Kal-El suit.

What we're most likely looking at is the League teaming up with a Legion that is technically in Jon's past, thus Jon is still with them and an active member of the Legion.

I've really missed Bendis' Legion book, so it'll be nice to see the dynamics revisited with Jon in it. Though I assume when the show comes out we'll get more of Bendis' Legion with either him or someone else writing it and still very much free to use Jon as Superboy in it, so that'll be really nice.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    No doubt Jon joins the Justice League post Bendis, but did everyone suddenly forget how time travel works?

Jon's most likely *not* with Jay in this story since he's wearing his Legion suit rather than his new Son of Kal-El suit.

What we're most likely looking at is the League teaming up with a Legion that is technically in Jon's past, thus Jon is still with them and an active member of the Legion.

I've really missed Bendis' Legion book, so it'll be nice to see the dynamics revisited with Jon in it. Though I assume when the show comes out we'll get more of Bendis' Legion with either him or someone else writing it and still very much free to use Jon as Superboy in it, so that'll be really nice.
    Ah I didn’t recognize that as Jon’s old suit without the colors. Clark still being involved in this should’ve clued me in however.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm more interested in this then his potential Justice League appearance

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Well that and the Robin crossover special

Words to live by.

I guess I can see Dick interacting with Jon, considering he was pretty close with Clark since his own childhood...

Thinking about it now, I'm getting some bad vibes with the setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I guess I can see Dick interacting with Jon, considering he was pretty close with Clark since his own childhood...

Thinking about it now, I'm getting some bad vibes with the setup.
    I just chalk it up to the talk Dick had with Clark before Clark left the planet. That and probably something to do with the bludhaven human trafficking

For those who did not read Nightwing

Last edited by sifighter; 01-07-2022 at 11:34 AM.
    Words to live by.

Plus Dick and Wally are the only two who took over their mentors identities for their mentors. Dick was Batman, makes sense he’d have advice to offer on stepping into another’s role.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Plus Dick and Wally are the only two who took over their mentors identities for their mentors. Dick was Batman, makes sense he’d have advice to offer on stepping into another’s role.
    Its the age up that makes it bad for me. Under other circumstances, I would actually like this kind of interaction, with Dick being the OG kid hero, and taking up his mentor's role at times, Dick advising younger heroes like he has Damian and younger Titans is awesome. Plus, Dick was pretty close to Clark when he was Robin, and also got the idea to be Nightwing from Clark in the first place.

Okay so weird enough Jon is actually the Superman of the Justice League vs Legion of superheroes mini, his dad Clark is actually not in the book even though he’s on the cover. And no it’s not Bendis Legion era Jon but present day Jon in his current super suit.

I’m only calling it out because with Bendis’ run he has been ignoring the fact that Clark left the league and the planet, and it’s weird he chooses now to acknowledge it. I guess it makes sense he called Jon in because of the version of the Legion we have here.

Edit: let me clarify something, Jon is not a member of the Justice League in this. For story reasons Batman calls Jon to help.
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-11-2022 at 06:28 AM.
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Its the age up that makes it bad for me. Under other circumstances, I would actually like this kind of interaction, with Dick being the OG kid hero, and taking up his mentor's role at times, Dick advising younger heroes like he has Damian and younger Titans is awesome. Plus, Dick was pretty close to Clark when he was Robin, and also got the idea to be Nightwing from Clark in the first place.
    ^This^

A few years ago I would have loved a little team up story between Dick and Jon. Now though? Too little too late. Just the one Nightwing book I'll be skipping :|

I still think the best route for this Jon, instead of being Metropolis' Superman, would have either been Titans Academy or the Warworld/Authority stuff that Clark is doing right now. Either of those things would have been more interesting than what we have now.

Words to live by.