Page 32 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Adult Naruto is written as a man and not a manchild unlike Goku. His 'stupidity' as a kid was overblown by fans and the characters in the story.
    Most of Naruto's "stupidity" came from the fact that he was neglected as a child. No one was there to teach him the basics, so he was practically illiterate as a kid and struggled to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah. I get Goku is the central character of DB, with Vegeta now being a close second. But Future Trunks has LONG been my favorite of that franchise. And its not hard to see why.
    Naruto, well, I stopped following it after I finished the original manga. It wasn't so much the series itself, but the ever increasing toxicity of the fandom that made it hard for me to get into the sequel.
    One Piece, well. I'm more interested in the world lore itself than the characters. Not that most of the characters aren't good, I just want to see the "Will of D" solved.

As for Jon; even from what little I've read of fakeJon, his most defining character aspect, other than being more of a clone than Conner, is that he's bisexual. Which, by itself, wouldn't be an issue, but when there's practically nothing else to his personality, even after several years now, that's a big problem. The most personality fakeJon has had, was when Tomasi did that one shot of the Super Sons. And that's mind blowing, and not in a good way.
    SoKE Jon's most defining trait is that he is a people pleaser, wants to solve every problem, and doesn't know how to say no.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, because he had a rough upbringing and was immature and didn't know what else to do. Naruto can be plenty intuitive when he acts on instinct and pulls something nobody would have expected in the middle of a battle.

I don't see where Superman's specific instincts suck unless they're not to your taste.

Neither does Superman, really. It's not like Kryptonite is in every story and I don't think it's as commonplace as plants.

I wasn't actually comparing Jon to Shonen heroes when I was listing those...

Naruto has a tendency to leap before he think constantly to the point where he has to be held back. He is for sure impulsive.
    Yeah! agree to disagree.Naruto get's impulsive,when his empathy kicks in..Otherwise,i haven't seen him jump in.In fact,Sasuke is more naturally impulsive..At the bridge,he jumps infront of naruto..

"when a guy sees a punch coming he ducks.it's instinct".(cough! cough! superman never ducks and takes kryptonite Ls)

I haven't seen naruto leaping before he thinks..not ones.

Also "eating with him or socking him"..That's exactly what luffy is about..He wants to have a party..He wants everyone(I mean,everyone without distinction of color,cast,status,creed,sexualtiy,gender..etc) to join in..He wants to tell his "Imaginary laugh tales.."..Because the world is a beautiful and mysterious place..The Ocean makes your internal struggles,problems,worries and things like that,look tiny..live life to the fullest

Bink sake..!! plays!!.Yohoho!!
    Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    I just don't think Luffy and Naruto would be as interesting without the strawhats/konoha 11, they were like different sides of the same coin for the MC and made me appreciate them more.
    Naruto never developed his cast..But luffy on the other hand can't work without them..The character and the guy written literally is scared of being alone.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-01-2022 at 09:07 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yeah! agree to disagree.Naruto get's impulsive,when his empathy kicks in..Otherwise,i haven't seen him jump in.In fact,Sasuke is more naturally impulsive..At the bridge,he jumps infront of naruto..
    I remember a few times he's jumped in there immediately. I mean, maybe it's because he's trying to save someone, but still. He goes straight into it.
    "when a guy sees a punch coming he ducks.it's instinct".(cough! cough! superman never ducks and takes kryptonite Ls)
    ...I think Superman sometimes ducks though? Depending on the fight.
    I haven't seen naruto leaping before he thinks..not ones.
    I feel like we've read two different Naruto's .
    Also "eating with him or socking him"..That's exactly what luffy is about..He wants to have a party..He wants everyone(I mean,everyone without distinction of color,cast,status,creed,sexualtiy,gender..etc) to join in..He wants to tell his "Imaginary laugh tales.."..Because the world is a beautiful and mysterious place..The Ocean makes your internal struggles,problems,worries and things like that,look tiny..live life to the fullest
    Like I said, I get the appeal in theory, but the likeability factor just isn't there for me.
    Naruto never developed his cast..But luffy on the other hand can't work without them..The character and the guy written literally is scared of being alone.
    Naruto developed his cast. Sometimes sporadically and maybe not necesarilly well...but they did develop, or at least a good deal of them did.

Extraordinary Member

Leader of the Justice league

Spectacular Member

Well yeah, of course. Whether the haters like it or not, Jon is Superman now.

I hope that the lineup follows the LGBTQIA2S+ friendly 5G version of the League. With horrible decisions like what's happening with the US Supreme Court, we need representation now more than ever, and Jon is the right icon to lead us all there!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I wish Jon's JL didn't have to include Harley, assuming the leaks are true. He deserves better.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I wish Jon's JL didn't have to include Harley, assuming the leaks are true. He deserves better.
    No way is that the final lineup. I predict that team will implode and Jon will try his hand again at forming a new one at the end, only this time Jace and Yara will agree to join.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Jon duuing me prowd

He goes from a solo, sometimes in a duo, act to suddenly being the leader of a version of the JL, and spending most of his teen years stuck in a volcano?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

He goes from a solo, sometimes in a duo, act to suddenly being the leader of a version of the JL, and spending most of his teen years stuck in a volcano?
    Jon Kent's Bizzare Adventures

Took me a moment to realize they're talking about previous Crises.

Extraordinary Member

Why haven thease two talked
    28127FF6-F0D2-4109-A0FF-488696F26429.jpg

The World's Finest of Dark Crisis