Page 35 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    It'll be very cool seeing DC's newest bisexual hero teaming up with Constatine, who's probably one of DC's oldest bisexual characters. I hope they touch on it during the team-up, maybe there will be some mentorship opportunities as well.
    Heh I personally wouldn’t trust Constantine as far as I can throw him, he’d make a terrible mentor. Far too willing to sell you to Satan if it would save his own skin. I’m sure Constantine will make some kind of cheeky comment about Jon’s coming out however. Apollo is the guy I’d like to see talk to Jon at some point, a gay man who was inspired by Superman but went his own way could have some helpful advice for a young bisexual man struggling to be Superman.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Man, I would love for some kind of Superman take by Ram V!
    Same, I’m really hoping he’s the one writing it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

A terrible mentor would make things interesting for the kid..A good mentor is predictable.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    A terrible mentor would make things interesting for the kid..A good mentor is predictable.
    Actually, I agree. I'd much rather see Jon learning from Constantine than from Dick. Maybe if he's with someone outside of Clark's orbit he'll finally get to be more than a stand-in for his dad.

I like the way Williamson writes Jon. Feels like he’s got some of his old exuberance and enthusiasm back.

Although I must admit part of it is just happiness that Taylor doesn’t have sole control over Jon for now.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I am here for overly enthusiastic hot mess Jon who means well but has no idea what he's doing.

...How is it that writers NOT on Justice League or the Superman books have done a better job of giving Jon more personality than the actual writers of said books? And that was done in just a couple of panels.

Williamson has done a great job for other characters I like as well, in Jason Todd and Damian Wayne. And in just that page, gave this Jon a tad bit of his old personality back, and in the right way.

Well Williamson is certainly making Jon “earn it” with how everyone is talking mad **** to him

Really looking forward to what brings Yara and Jace around and gets them to team up with Jon. Poor kid is slinking off with his head lowered after talking to both of those two like he didn’t get invited to the cool kid at school’s birthday party. And then Black Adam gives him another verbal smack down!

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Yeah, I think what intrigues me most about Dark Crisis is to see what Williamson does with Jon.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Spectacular Member

Do you guys think Jon's awesome new Pride cape is going to be permanent? I'm sure it wouldn't be as controversial as red underpants lol.

Do you guys think Jon's awesome new Pride cape is going to be permanent? I'm sure it wouldn't be as controversial as red underpants lol.
    I haven't read a single word of aged up Jon's Pride story, so I can't speak to it's actual content, but I'm confused as to why so many people convinced themselves that a specially-made cape made for a special occasion as an obvious one-time thing was somehow going to be a permanent change and I sincerely doubt it was ever promoted as such. Plus, it would be an incredibly difficult thing for artists to keep drawing all those intersecting lines and for colorists to keep the colors consistent. It would've been easier to just use the bi colors, or better yet, not change it at all if it was anything other than a one-off.

I never got the hate for the underwear on the outside thing because now it's more of a symbol that uniquely identifies Superman (and actually characterizes him) rather than the circus strongmen he's based of off because those have fallen out of the public consciousness but superheroes haven't.
    Last edited by garazza; 06-08-2022 at 09:12 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I would have preferred jon having no cape or cyborg009 cape..Color?pride rainbow cape is cool.i am not of the mind that it's absolutely needed.

As for the underwear,yeah!nope! superman's underwear doesn't make sense.It has no story reason.Clark has no personal attachment to the strongman suit.it aint unique.it's part of "aw!shucks thing" ..i would take superman as something fallen out of public conciousness than dumb joke that has nobody laughing.
    I know people want to rid of "toxic masculity"..i know this is a story of a guy who fel from the sky in a ball of fire and jumps high.It's ridiculous..But,i am so done with marvel style " see guys this is stupid..we know..we poking fun at ourselves" subversive humour while taking emotional beats away.Dick grayson is tied to the circus.Superman should have been as well.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

BANNED

As 'permanent' as the plank that gave it to him

Tom King
    @TomKingTK

If you’re going to spend some quality time with your 13 year old son, you might as well do it while fighting a giant robot.

It’s FOC for Dark Crisis Superman. This is a good one. Astonishing art by @TheBurnham.
    Not to put on a tinfoil hat, but why specifically describe Jon as a "13 year old" instead of as "teenage?" There's nothing wrong with being specific, but Jon was the younger of the now canonically 14 year old Damian. No one actually cared that much about what their actual age gap was (unless you're Tom Taylor), just that there was one, so specifying Jon as 13 does make it feel like King is hinting that Jon might actually be de-aged. Because a 13 year old Jon and a 14 year old Damian would be the perfect comic status quo for when Battle of the Super Sons comes out this year.
    Last edited by garazza; 06-11-2022 at 09:38 PM.