Page 36 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Not to put on a tinfoil hat, but why specifically describe Jon as a "13 year old" instead of as "teenage?" There's nothing wrong with being specific, but Jon was the younger of the now canonically 14 year old Damian. No one actually cared that much about what their actual age gap was (unless you're Tom Taylor), just that there was one, so specifying Jon as 13 does make it feel like King is hinting that Jon might actually be de-aged. Because a 13 year old Jon and a 14 year old Damian would be the perfect comic status quo for when Battle of the Super Sons comes out this year.
    Your reaching, this is just Clark’s fantasy world where he didn’t miss his sons childhood

Jon is not aging down in main cannon

Not to put on a tinfoil hat, but why specifically describe Jon as a "13 year old" instead of as "teenage?" There's nothing wrong with being specific, but Jon was the younger of the now canonically 14 year old Damian. No one actually cared that much about what their actual age gap was (unless you're Tom Taylor), just that there was one, so specifying Jon as 13 does make it feel like King is hinting that Jon might actually be de-aged. Because a 13 year old Jon and a 14 year old Damian would be the perfect comic status quo for when Battle of the Super Sons comes out this year.
    Taylor’s working on issue 16-18 of SSOKE and has plans beyond that. Look if they ever do deage Jon they’re going to let you know well before hand that it’s happening, and it won’t be done in a Dark Crisis tie-in not written by one of the main Super writers. DC doesn’t give a **** about a DTV movie, if they cared about stuff like that you would see Conner get way more stuff given his heavy usage in Titans and YJ.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Your reaching, this is just Clark’s fantasy world where he didn’t miss his sons childhood

Jon is not aging down in main cannon
    Then why specify 13? Jon's age is notoriously contentious, so any reference is attention-grabbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Taylor’s working on issue 16-18 of SSOKE and has plans beyond that. Look if they ever do deage Jon they’re going to let you know well before hand that it’s happening, and it won’t be done in a Dark Crisis tie-in not written by one of the main Super writers. DC doesn’t give a **** about a DTV movie, if they cared about stuff like that you would see Conner get way more stuff given his heavy usage in Titans and YJ.
    SSoK has been becoming the everyone BUT Jon book and its poor sales don't help to justify keeping it around when there's going to be another likely avenue of success for DC with Jon with a new streaming movie on the horizon. I'm seeing constant commercials for movies and shows that are released exclusively on streaming platforms, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar media campaign for HBO Max when BoSS releases. Bisexual Superman popped one headline and an interview on CNN and sales kept going down. BoSS will in the lead up to its release be pimped and seen alongside the likes of the new Jurassic World and Minions movies.

The new main writer of Batman is also the current writer for Daredevil, so I think DC has gotten a handle on coordinating different writers and offices with PKJ doing the GL tie-in, a decidedly not Super book.

I don't mean that Jon Kent will literally be de-aged in the tie-in, but that the one-shot is your so-called telegraphing that they will de-age him. Similarly, though I haven't kept with any DC shows so I can't speak to them but, the Superboy mini and Conner's roles in YJ's tie-in are good signs (to me at least) that DC is in fact building up to an increased push for Conner.
    Last edited by garazza; 06-11-2022 at 11:28 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    DC doesn’t give a **** about a DTV movie.
    Wrong, DC care about everything they put out. You might as well say they don't give a **** about YJ either because Jon's a kid there too. Both YJ and the DTV movie have far greater reach and appeal than some laborious snail-paced book that nobody it's aimed at reads.

I'm not expecting Jon to be deaged, but I am fully expecting a time displaced Kid Jon to turn up again and share the book with his older self
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 06-12-2022 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Wrong, DC care about everything they put out. You might as well say they don't give a **** about YJ either because Jon's a kid there too. Both YJ and the DTV movie have far greater reach and appeal than some laborious snail-paced book that nobody it's aimed at reads.

I'm not expecting Jon to be deaged, but I am fully expecting a time displaced Kid Jon to turn up again and share the book with his older self
    They do not. If they cared about this stuff the way you guys think they do, comics Kon and Miss Martian would have actually talked to each other by now. Hell if they cared about that kind of stuff, they’d have adapted Jordan Kent into the comics. There’s already a teenaged Jon on the CW show remember? Jon won’t be getting deaged unless there’s actually an edict from on high to make it happen, and that’s unlikely to occur because there are no plans for a kid Jon in films.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Then why specify 13? Jon's age is notoriously contentious, so any reference is attention-grabbing.

SSoK has been becoming the everyone BUT Jon book and its poor sales don't help to justify keeping it around when there's going to be another likely avenue of success for DC with Jon with a new streaming movie on the horizon. I'm seeing constant commercials for movies and shows that are released exclusively on streaming platforms, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar media campaign for HBO Max when BoSS releases. Bisexual Superman popped one headline and an interview on CNN and sales kept going down. BoSS will in the lead up to its release be pimped and seen alongside the likes of the new Jurassic World and Minions movies.

The new main writer of Batman is also the current writer for Daredevil, so I think DC has gotten a handle on coordinating different writers and offices with PKJ doing the GL tie-in, a decidedly not Super book.

I don't mean that Jon Kent will literally be de-aged in the tie-in, but that the one-shot is your so-called telegraphing that they will de-age him. Similarly, though I haven't kept with any DC shows so I can't speak to them but, the Superboy mini and Conner's roles in YJ's tie-in are good signs (to me at least) that DC is in fact building up to an increased push for Conner.

I know you keep hoping the sales of of Jon Superman will keep tumbling down to the point of cancelation but the not applicable to somone under the Superman brand as it would be for say booster gold being given a book. Additionally just like how Nightwing is safe from being effected by any crossover event now that he is written by Tom Taylor so is Jon. If a second Jon appeared then what? Damian tells older Jon to kick rocks and he plays with the new one? Nah lol. That’s not the Jon her knows.

It’s just a direct to dvd movie it’s not changing anything. Mabey if they had done somthing like make black canary black in comcis after casting Jurnee smollet, but DC doesn’t do that.

Also you don’t know if that movie is going to streaming directly best bet it’s on sale for 2-3 months then airs on CN followed by launching on hbomax. The new head of Warner won’t skip money making potential if possible and if it’s not possible. Sure the movie could be a streaming hit, but then it be followed by a tv spin off, that would never effect the comics in any major way. Imagine if DC permanently brought rewound the titans to match the tv iteration becuase that’s their most well Known version.

Dude superboy just won the contest that’s all. Unless it does crazy 2016 Harley Quinn numbers it’s not gonna do anything for Connor. In fact if you belive another superboy was going to arrive then I would take that as a sign of another’s demise/ being limboed. We don’t get to really see power girl in play since they choose to utilize Kara more.

Astonishing Member

At this point it's obvious, that they're not interested in having kid Jon, at least in the main continuity. Sooner or later, people will have to come to terms with this. They may use him in animated projects, maybe even in the future there will be one movie with him, but it is obvious that they prefer him as a teenager/young adult.
    No offense, but people who believe he will be rolled back to the early status quo are just deluding themselves.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    people who believe he will be rolled back to the early status quo are just deluding themselves.
    The only people 'deluding' themselves are those that blind themselves to decade upon decade of DC walking back on their various decisions and directions in order to appeal to the audience they're doing their best to hold onto because they're the only ones loyal enough to buy the comics from the first issue to last. DC won't be able to avoid the poor sales circulation of Jon's book or even PKJ's overrated run forever. Action will be taken, and sooner than you think. Until then, stay asleep.

Incredible Member

King's statement that dream Jon is 13 in his story reminds me of how PKJ had Clark say Jon would have been 12 in Action Comics. Seems like that's the general age they're going with for "what if Jon hadn't been trapped in Earth-3?". I figure King picked 13 because that's the arbitrary age for "start of teenage years".

As far as Jon potentially being de-aged, I don't think either a DTV movie or a "in Clark's dream world Jon wasn't kept prisoner for years" storyline is a sign that Jon's de-aging is fast approaching (specially that second one, you just know Clark is going to say something along the lines of "but this isn't reality" at some point), but the DTV movie at least makes it obvious that DC knows there's money to still be made with the Super-Sons. I figure it's more likely that they'l just release another mini to tie in with that movie. Long-term... every answer PKJ gave to the "are you going to de-age Jon" questions was basically "they're obviously going to do it eventually, but I won't be the one to do so", and Jon's own prominence and popularity comes from (the continuation of) a former status quo replacing a then-current one. Unless some live action movie makes Jon-as-Superman well-established in the general audience (Superman & Lois isn't going to do it, those kids are barely Jon and they're 14 or 15 anyway), let us wait until a Super-Sons mini outsells Son of Kal-El, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Those are functionally equivalent to me and are what I've been saying when I say "de-age Jon."

So the imposter from Earth 3 is still around?

Did you guys watch the Young Justice finale? Little Jon had two sweet moments - when he learned Conner was alive, and being the ring bearer at his wedding.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Poor Jonny also learned that he’s in a comic book universe, sometimes death doesn’t stick.

Extraordinary Member

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    So the imposter from Earth 3 is still around?
    Shouldn't earth 3 jon have a personality..This one doesn't..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"