Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    ^This^

A few years ago I would have loved a little team up story between Dick and Jon. Now though? Too little too late. Just the one Nightwing book I'll be skipping :|

I still think the best route for this Jon, instead of being Metropolis' Superman, would have either been Titans Academy or the Warworld/Authority stuff that Clark is doing right now. Either of those things would have been more interesting than what we have now.
    to late how? hes near 28 been doing this for 15 years he has more experience then most adults

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    ^This^

A few years ago I would have loved a little team up story between Dick and Jon. Now though? Too little too late. Just the one Nightwing book I'll be skipping :|

I still think the best route for this Jon, instead of being Metropolis' Superman, would have either been Titans Academy or the Warworld/Authority stuff that Clark is doing right now. Either of those things would have been more interesting than what we have now.
    Considering what's happening in Titans Academy right now, Jon dodged a bullet by not being part of it.

Extraordinary Member

I hate the casualness of him time traveling

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I hate the casualness of him time traveling

Dude!the kid was born in a universe that died.He has been using "magic" box to do all shinaningans.Sheesh!people and their aversion to silverage superman.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

The way they don't even address the kiss with Saturn girl ha she's so irrelevant I love that for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    to late how? hes near 28 been doing this for 15 years he has more experience then most adults
    Too late in terms of my enjoyment of it. Come on. Y'all know me at this point XD

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Considering what's happening in Titans Academy right now, Jon dodged a bullet by not being part of it.
    Yeah it's....not a good book. At all. Definitely my third least favorite Titans run. But I'll take bad over boring any day.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    The only person Taylor has not used yet in his crossovers is Yara, and I feel that will happen sooner rather than later.
    He can't use Yara yet. She's still in her origin arc in her solo book. Hasn't even officially taken the Wonder Girl name yet.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Also a bit of Hyperbole if you ask me, so far Jon's only teamed up with Damian and Wally West, with Nightwing and Jackson Hyde on the way. I suppose we can count the Justice League now though.

Besides the already pointed out Yara, Jon has still not met Jace and Jo who do currently exist and Jess Chambers isn't on this earth and Andy Curry is still a small child. Personally I would like Jace and Jon to meet though, given how Jon very much knows what Bruce's Batman is like and how interesting it would be for him to meet a admittedly more chill version of Batman.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Also a bit of Hyperbole if you ask me, so far Jon's only teamed up with Damian and Wally West, with Nightwing and Jackson Hyde on the way. I suppose we can count the Justice League now though.
    I tend to think that it's the whole point of these team-ups, to set-up new Justice League lineup, especially if Taylor is getting the book. At least Jon, Jackson and Wally will be there for sure.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The way they don't even address the kiss with Saturn girl ha she's so irrelevant I love that for me.
    Yeah, I really think them making Jon bi was a copout - he's never had a higher profile than now with him getting a boyfriend. They should double down and have him come out as fully gay after some soul-searching. It suits his character a lot more I think.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    Yeah, I really think them making Jon bi was a copout - he's never had a higher profile than now with him getting a boyfriend. They should double down and have him come out as fully gay after some soul-searching. It suits his character a lot more I think.
    What's wrong with him being Bi? It's probably nice for readers to have a character that they can connect to. And Jon being bi allows for exploration in different ways then if he was gay. I mean there are issues that one could discuss regarding how Bi people are treated by various communities, because there's a lot where people on both sides of the issue can be really nasty to someone who is Bi.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Titans are a garbage franchise, Jon being thrown in with that franchise would do him no favors. Did nothing for Damian and hasn’t done anything for Dick in ages.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Titans are a garbage franchise, Jon being thrown in with that franchise would do him no favors. Did nothing for Damian and hasn’t done anything for Dick in ages.
    Well...at least in the comics (the show is popular despite reviews).

Damian at least got some more animated movies out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well...at least in the comics (the show is popular despite reviews).

Damian at least got some more animated movies out of it.
    Conner’s in the HBO Max Titans series. Hasn’t benefitted him at all, DC won’t even give him a mini! Jon skipping the Titans is a good thing, I’ll take the Legion being the equivalent for him.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    You know it would be funny if Jon being 17 could totally join the Titans but he refuses because he’s still being petty for being denied entry to the team during the rebirth era.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.