Page 47 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

ight let me get back on my BS for a quick sec and put on my conspiracy hat

A variant cover for Dark Crisis 5 features several of the legacy heroes charging into battle. Something of note is that Yara Flor is front and center yet Jon is nowhere to be found. Even Damian is on the cover but not one of the supposed main characters for this event. Not every character needs to appear on every cover, but Jon is conspicuous by his absence on the cover given who else is on there. Another variant features a coffin and the solicits mention a character dying.

I'll lead with my conclusion: aged up Jon will be killed and the real Jon will be invariably brought back.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    (pulled from the PKJ thread)

With this supposed "brand new era" coming next year, Jon's absence (or exclusion) is even more conspicuous. Jon's role is barely even alluded to in the article and he doesn't appear in any of the 26 variant covers except one and it's the real Jon. You'd think with the doubling down of the untenable position of having two Supermen at the same time, there would be at least a few hints as to what to expect next with him or as many covers featuring him as there are featuring Lois and Lex but there aren't.

Almost like Jon is no longer Superman (not because he's dead but because he's no longer a man).

However DC chooses to de-age Jon, it's not unprecedented for a Superboy to die in a Crisis. It's extremely unlikely that this supposed death is any other member of the JL because each member is too big of a character to be killed for cheap shock value a this stage but aged up Jon is the one character that no one will miss (and don't come at me with any of that "but Dc WILl be SEEn as HoMophobIC" BS. Stop acting like he isn't bi even when he's a kid).

Or I'm just reaching like I regularly do, but I don't think I'm the only one who connects these dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Looking forward to Ram V writing Jon for the first time, and IÂ’m excited to see Watters write him again!

You know it’s honestly interesting how Jon as a young man whose come out as Bisexual and is recently dating his boyfriend, is hanging around in the same story with Alan Scott, long standing golden age hero who was around before his dad and who has just come out as gay after decades as well as his son who came out years before Alan did.

Then on the other end the rouge-ish/tricky/drunk magician John Constantine who if I recall is very openly Bisexual but in a relationship with Zatanna.

Just an interesting thought considering the characters in the room.
    Last edited by sifighter; 09-08-2022 at 01:04 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Killing Jon and bringing back kid Jon would have potential backlash.
    Sure kid Jon is bi but it’s not likely to come up much if ever.
    A way around the backlash would be to let Conner come out as bi as well so he can be with Tim. That’s the bi Superboy we should’ve had. There’s a big TimxKon fan base but somehow DC ignored that when Tim and Jon came out.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    A way around the backlash would be to let Conner come out as bi as well so he can be with Tim. That’s the bi Superboy we should’ve had. There’s a big TimxKon fan base but somehow DC ignored that when Tim and Jon came out.
    DC has a lot of head scratching decisions. Another would keeping Tim at 16 (again), bringing Damian to 14, and Dick and Jason 20 somethings (among other issues for Tim).

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Getting rid of teen Jon might cause *some* backlash...but he's really not popular enough...despite DC's pushing...for it to be too damaging. Just bring back kid Jon...reveal teen Jon is from an alternate timeline...and send him back. They can just do some graphic novels with him every now and then.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsilver View Post
    Getting rid of teen Jon might cause *some* backlash...but he's really not popular enough...despite DC's pushing...for it to be too damaging. Just bring back kid Jon...reveal teen Jon is from an alternate timeline...and send him back. They can just do some graphic novels with him every now and then.
    Sorry to disappoint you guys but Taylor stated a while back that the return of Kal-El crossover is leading to the next arc of the Son of Kal-El where Jon will face a new enemy.

BANNED

Son of Kal El 15 spoiler

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/supe...rse-this-week/

spoilers:
    Jon goes public with his and Jay's relationship
    end of spoilers

Oh shit Sholly Fisch - who wrote the fantastic Superman backups in Morrison Action and mostly writes Scooby-Doo nowadays - is writing a Super Sons story for the DC Halloween anthology Terrors Through Time!

Yeah I’ll be checking that out.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Oh shit Sholly Fisch - who wrote the fantastic Superman backups in Morrison Action and mostly writes Scooby-Doo nowadays - is writing a Super Sons story for the DC Halloween anthology Terrors Through Time!

My eyes immediately went to the artist, Luciano Vecchio. I loved his work at Marvel, from Champions to Iceman. A gay man drawing a queer boy like Jon is absolutely something I'm looking forward to. Now we just need to get an actual queer man to write Jon. Where's James Tynion IV when you need him? He and Jon are both bi and Midwestern.

I remember the Superman editor (Kaminsky?) saying that we should expect more stories with the real Jon in the future but I highly doubted that because he said that well after Challenge had ended and several months before Saved by the Belle Reve was even announced and it's not the first time I've heard a straight up lie come from the mouth of an editor or a creator, but with the Belle Reve story and now this one, I think this is what he was referring to. Short stories in anthology books. Which isn't the worst idea and probably something DC should do more of (I imagine DC not fully grasping what makes that model work tho), but from my perspective, only putting short Super Sons stories in anthologies feels like putting the popular Justice League Dark as a back up in Bendis' waste of a JL book.

And it irritates me somewhat that DC keeps putting the Super Sons on the main and variant covers of these anthologies because they know they are popular and sell well, they just actively choose not to re-capitalize on them for whatever reason.
    Last edited by garazza; 09-11-2022 at 01:38 PM.

Oh wow, this is a match made in heaven. I've been waiting to see Sholly Fisch work on more mainstream stories after his Action Comics Backups and Scooby Doo team up comics. It didn't occur to me that he'd be an ideal writer to write a Super Sons story given his experience writing both Superman comics and comics for younger readers. If you're gonna check this out, it must be something good.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Son of Kal El 15 spoiler

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/supe...rse-this-week/

spoilers:
    Jon goes public with his and Jay's relationship
    end of spoilers
    Sigh I guess this going to lead to the thinly veil "insightful commentary" how how everyone is homophobic if they don't like Jay & Jon relationship

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    Sigh I guess this going to lead to the thinly veil "insightful commentary" how how everyone is homophobic if they don't like Jay & Jon relationship
    Wasn't this the issue that's supposed to End Homophobia In The DC Universe FOREVER?

#15 still meh in my eyes

Other then stopping the laser and Luthor throwing the bootleg Lex into the air lock it pretty standard nothing memorable

Jon still does nothing but take orders from everyone around him and kiss Jay to give that LGBTQ crowd a bone. The mother turn monster is just fall flat as we only seen/mention this women 2 times so Jay and his mom fighting doesn't really get all emotional since we beardly establish the two and it painfully obvious that they not going to kill her off

The story even just up right contradict itself as it literally "Superman and a team of meta usurp a government", it not a revolution where the citizens of Gammroa have a say or agency on it, It just a elite strike group attacking a foreign nation out of the knowledge of it being a threat so what the hell was that Dreamer issue whinnying about?

Jay is Jay don't really know what to say the guy is the MC of the book more then Jon and . I'm open for this gay relationship but so far it really bland it has no meat the two don't bounce off each other and I haven't seen people explain why they like it other then it "wholesome gay couple" which is just artificial that could found anywhere else (from an option of a bi person myself). It so weird reading Dceased written by Taylor himself where Jon has better sexual chemistry/Interactions with Damien then he does with jay

I know I'm being negative but i just things that are bugging me with this run

just want to hear what other say on this

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Wasn't this the issue that's supposed to End Homophobia In The DC Universe FOREVER?
    That's probably the next issue.

Anyway, I thought Jon and Jay made out above the Pride Parade in the Pride special. Surely people took photos of that, didn't they?