Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Conner’s in the HBO Max Titans series. Hasn’t benefitted him at all, DC won’t even give him a mini! Jon skipping the Titans is a good thing, I’ll take the Legion being the equivalent for him.
    Well, people like him enough on Titans to complain about how they're not using him well .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, people like him enough on Titans to complain about how they're not using him well .
    The only Titans that show typically uses well are Raven and Kory. And even those two have had their...hiccups.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Jon going into a team of former or current sidekicks is a disservice(i say that without looking down on being a sidekick)..The Superboys or supermen aren't meant to join a club.They aren't titan material.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Jon going into a team of former or current sidekicks is a disservice(i say that without looking down on being a sidekick)..
    If it was good enough for every Robin, two Wonder Girls, and one of the Superboys, why is Jon suddenly above it?

The Superboys or supermen aren't meant to join a club.
    The Legion, Young Justice, and Justice League say othewise :/

Not wanting Jon to not be a part of this current Titans team is one thing since...well...yeah Titans Academy is trash -____-

But to say he doesn't belong on any Titans team at all because he's Superboy is kind of a weird stance to take when the other two Superboys have "joined clubs" and one of them has already been in more than one iteration of the Titans.
    Last edited by Blue22; 01-13-2022 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    The Legion, Young Justice, and Justice League say othewise :/
    The legion stuff is happening in the future where the man of tomorrow will be man of yesterday.Justice league on the other hand shouldn't have Supermen neither.Supermen have lost the "solitude" bit.Superman should have always built his own team of rag-tag outlaws... that's just me.No sitting in some club house ...just running around.But for superman is a different concept.Not some of flying guy.

No the titans is specifically a club for sidekicks and proteges..Superboy was never a sidekick.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-13-2022 at 10:13 PM.

No the titans is specifically a club for sidekicks and proteges..
    That's not "specifically" what they are at all. They stopped being exclusively a sidekick team as early as the 70s. Hell, a good chunk of the most well known Titans aren't sidekicks. Even the most famous Titans lineup only has one sidekick on it.

Superboy was never a sidekick.
    Conner may not have been, but Jon as Superboy basically was Clark's sidekick/protégé (and...arguably Damian's. But that's a whole different discussion lol). Even as recently as PKJ's short stint on the main Superman book, Jon was essentially playing the same role for his father that Robin plays for Batman.

Actually...come to think of it....The Titans also had both Wonder Girls (one of whom is a founding member), but if I recall, neither of them were ever actually Diana's sidekick. I could be wrong about that though. If there's someone who knows more about Wonder Woman than me, let me know.
    Last edited by Blue22; 01-14-2022 at 06:42 AM.

That's not "specifically" what they are at all. They stopped being exclusively a sidekick team as early as the 70s. Hell, a good chunk of the most well known Titans aren't sidekicks. Even the most famous Titans lineup only has one sidekick on it.

Conner may not have been, but Jon as Superboy basically was Clark's sidekick/protégé (and...arguably Damian's. But that's a whole different discussion lol). Even as recently as PKJ's short stint on the main Superman book, Jon was essentially playing the same role for his father that Robin plays for Batman.

Actually...come to think of it....The Titans also had both Wonder Girls (one of whom is a founding member), but if I recall, neither of them were ever actually Diana's sidekick. I could be wrong about that though. If there's someone who knows more about Wonder Woman than me, let me know.
    Be that as may,the team's m.o is of being sidekicks and proteges.It's what they are known for.

how many issues did clark get mentor jon?a couple of dozen.Jon has been an individual agent far more as of now.Even that's pushing it.Clark had no say in how jon grew with him or away from him.Jon play subordinate to someone far experience in a couple of issues in pkj's stuff.Clark basically admitted that jon could use his powers with more control and doesn't need him no more.His heat vision use,remember.Jon took the lead clark basically was like "I guess you run with me side by side now".

wonder girl's whole mythos is a mess.I don't know what's canon.

Be that as may,the team's m.o is of being sidekicks and proteges.It's what they are known for.

how many issues did clark get mentor jon?a couple of dozen.Jon has been an individual agent far more as of now.Even that's pushing it.Clark had no say in how jon grew with him or away from him.Jon play subordinate to someone far experience in a couple of issues in pkj's stuff.Clark basically admitted that jon could use his powers with more control and doesn't need him no more.His heat vision use,remember.Jon took the lead clark basically was like "I guess you run with me side by side now".

wonder girl's whole mythos is a mess.I don't know what's canon.
    I mean wouldn't Clark's mentorship begin since Jon was born seeing as Clark is his father?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean wouldn't Clark's mentorship begin since Jon was born seeing as Clark is his father?
    Jon didn't know clark was superman till he reached 7. Not mentor..plain old fashioned dad.

Jon didn't know clark was superman till he reached 7. Not mentor..plain old fashioned dad.
    Not 100% sure that is still a thing given he was born at the fortress of soltitude and had a childhood at the Kent family farm...Jon's continuity and history is his true villain
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

What point is there in this arguing dudes? We already know Jon Kent will have his own Justice League eventually kiddos!

Astonishing Member

Donna is a complicated case. She was created for Teen Titans comics, but she has "Wonder Woman's sidekick" as background in her first origin. That said, COIE retcon her origin and a big mess started.

Cassie was created in Wonder Woman comics and she was a sidekick/protégé for Wonder Woman. Her role as a sidekick didn't last long, but Wonder Woman was really Cassie's mentor.
    Last edited by Konja7; 01-16-2022 at 05:44 PM.

I wonder when Jon will get his own Superboy. Pyrrhos from Future State would be coolio.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I wonder when Jon will get his own Superboy. Pyrrhos from Future State would be coolio.
    The next superboy shouldn't be kryptonian nor have the same abilities..He shouldn't be a sidekick or better yet he should be this outcast vigilante away from superhero community as whole ..my view