Page 20 of 101 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Maybe well-written Rogue by Duggan never really existed.

Thinking back, Jim Zub gave as much if not more awesome Rogue moments in a shorter amount of time.

Rogue vs Graviton
    Rogue vs Scorpion, Shocker and random monsters
    Rogue vs Juggernaut

I was initially a bit annoyed at how fish out of water she was written as leader, but Zub more than made up for that with other strengths like referencing her villain history, advocating for wayward youths and Rogue's infamous temper.

Not to mention having his hand in writing No Surrender, the only good Avenger event in the last 20 years! i think i'm gonna have to rank him higher in my personal favorite rogue writer list

Agreed With you Chrono.

I've always said Zub was always far superior to Duggan when it came to Rogue.
    and he was also superior in the following respects.

1) even though she was still Rogue the leader, the rest of the team was well written and had good.
    panel time, with Duggan taking out Rogue and Deadpool the others got little to nothing.

2) Rogue was shown to be a more competent leader With Zub than Duggan.

3) with Duggan Rogue she didn't seem very intelligent I'm sorry but that's how it is, with Zub Rogue if she seemed like she is an intelligent woman and a good leader.

4) With Zub Rogue he overcame more powerful enemies, with Duggan everything was spinning around red skull with some other random enemy.

5) Zub was great using ALL of Rogue's powers including the absorption ones even without control, Duggan hates Rogue's mutant powers he only used the flying brick ones.

Unfortunately many of the things that Zub really did are assigned to things that Duggan did when he didn't, Rogue was written by Jim Zum for about a year, in 6/7 issues of Uncanny Avengers and the rest of the months in the event ANSurrender.

I miss Jim Zub and Kelly Tompson's Rogue, Duggan's Rogue who doesn't even use her mutant powers can walk away and honestly never come back.
    Rogue can do better with many other writers.

It does annoy me a bit that Duggan seems to ignore or forget her absorption powers. Especially since he's shown to go so far into Synch's powers. Maybe this explains why he didn't have any issues with the two of them on a team...

Anyway, some various Rogue media.

This is a card from the Marvel 2020 Anime Upper Deck series. It's interesting to see Rogue in different art styles, the art is by Peach Momoko, the same person who did the Demon Days series.

On the boardgame front, we've got Rogue & Gambit added to the MCP60 Marvel Crisis Protocol series and are available for pre-order. Just in-time for Valentines I suppose lol.

And for anyone visiting or planning to visit the Universal Islands of Adventure park in Florida, the superhero motorcycle gang has returned which features Rogue as one of the riders lol.

I suppose Marvel worked out a deal with universal? Huh.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Attachment 118022
    I want this Rogue back...
    Me too. Couldn't agree more (XD)

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Me too. Couldn't agree more (XD)

She was such a fucking unit back then! Would love to get more of that.
    And a new costume wouldn't hurt either...
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

It's so depressing to be at a point where we're not sure Rogue will appear in the next issue of her own book
    She only appeared in four of the first seven issues and her only heroic highlight was when she punched the HE in the face

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    It's so depressing to be at a point where we're not sure Rogue will appear in the next issue of her own book
    She only appeared in four of the first seven issues and her only heroic highlight was when she punched the HE in the face
    Pretty much.

I think even Bishop and Iceman got slightly better treatment in Marauders in the first seven issues.

The way Duggan has structured this book is very strange.

It does annoy me a bit that Duggan seems to ignore or forget her absorption powers. Especially since he's shown to go so far into Synch's powers. Maybe this explains why he didn't have any issues with the two of them on a team...
    That's the most frustrating thing for me, I never liked that side of Duggan ignoring Rogue's mutant powers, but at least she used her flying brick powers well, and she was the lead.

But now we don't even have that, and it makes me hate Duggan more, and I know this isn't Synch's fault, but the things he's doing are things that Rogue should be doing now that she's back in control, and that it does better and more effective than Synch and we have proof of that all over xmlegacy.

And Duggan continues to explore part of Rogue's powers (regarding the duplication of power) but not in her but in synch X_x, in things that synch had never done, and Rogue has always done, how to maintain powers longer, copy not mutants, hell for me it was the height of the insult what he did in the last issue giving him the memory of past powers, hellllooooooo that feature is the final ability of Rogue's powers for decades.
    and this was explored and shown even before xtreme xmen.

Guess what's next?
    that synch also takes thoughts, emotions, and worse, that it also takes vital energy, because it's the only thing they need to do to pee in Rogue, more than they have since Kelly stopped managing Rogue.

Ojo wouldn't have a problem with this if Rogue was also tapping into her mutant powers, or using her new ranged absorb advancement, but no.

That's why I insist I think Rogue will do much better in terms of her powers and her panel time (in the comics) once the animated series starts airing again.
    This will benefit her in the comics without a doubt.

In other more pleasant things.

With the arrival of xmen back in animation and reaching more audiences and bringing in new fans what do you think we see regarding Rogue?

I think that to make her closer to the comics and the fans are not surprised, they should approach an arc to control her mutant powers.

I would also like to see something similar addressed.
    Xtreme xmen (Evolution did it in part showing the final stage of Rogue's powers) but not so extreme lol, and that Rogue doesn't lose her powers (neither the mutants nor the assimilated) obviously.

And from what I can decide I think we will have several seasons, at least that's what it seems according to what they have said in interviews and podcast.

Just as unlike the current comics, I'm very excited about that, I think it's less and less until we see Rogue in live action in the MCU, we know that bringing this series back is an appetizer to prepare the audience for those characters in the upcoming live action.

New day, new poll.

The r/x-men elimination poll is still going and Rogue might miss the top 5. If you guys haven't, feel free to vote for a mutant other than Rogue to get kicked out. between you and me, emma is the one to beat

Quote Originally Posted by sylermax
    That's the most frustrating thing for me, I never liked that side of Duggan ignoring Rogue's mutant powers, but at least she used her flying brick powers well, and she was the lead.
    It does feel like the plots Duggan is giving Synch could have also been subjects that could have been explored with Rogue as well, yes. Personally what I was hoping for was Duggan would have establish clear strengths and weakness between both, instead of just ignoring one for the other.

Rogue's abilities do still differ in allowing her to absorb memories, experiences and life-force as well as seems to be the mimic able to store powers for the longest, given that she tends to keep specific powersets for years.

hellz yeah! She should start her own T-Bolts
    omg, yes, I would be so down! I think Captain America even commented she'd be a good leader for such a group in one of the handbooks he narrated in.

Or heck, in a reformed Hellions book too. This time, doing what Sinister tried to do but right. A book that properly explores how former mutant villains integrate into a mutant utopia is sorely needed. I don't buy that just Sabretooth is the only one breaking rules and deserves the pit.
    Kinda of an expanded version of her Supernovas era team...

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    I would love this team, more so because many fans here share the theory that Rogue and Selene could be biological family.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Maybe Selene is Rogue's is great great grandmother
    That would make her kin to Amara/Magma as well!

I always did think they were related somehow... Their powers are too similar.
    I MUCH prefer the idea that she's a member of the extended RANKIN family connecting her to Mimic. The idea was used in X-MEN:NOIR...
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Anna-..._(Earth-90214)

With the Hellfire Gala costume designs becoming fair game for adaptation to full-time looks (Ororo, Jean), I wonder if a remix of Rogue's could work or desirable from her Jim Lee throwback outfit?
    Turn the statement collar into her signature hood, simplify the "lace" areas to simple translucent (ala X-Men:Evolution casual goth Rogue).
    I'd swap out the footwear to her over the thigh boots in black with green sheen. Perfection.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 02-05-2022 at 11:14 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

New day, new poll.

The r/x-men elimination poll is still going and Rogue might miss the top 5. If you guys haven't, feel free to vote for a mutant other than Rogue to get kicked out. between you and me, emma is the one to beat

It does feel like the plots Duggan is giving Synch could have also been subjects that could have been explored with Rogue as well, yes. Personally what I was hoping for was Duggan would have establish clear strengths and weakness between both, instead of just ignoring one for the other.

Rogue's abilities do still differ in allowing her to absorb memories, experiences and life-force as well as seems to be the mimic able to store powers for the longest, given that she tends to keep specific powersets for years.
    Exactly Chrono, it would have been great if Rogue taught Synch what he knows about power replication, (although Rogue's powers are broader and he does other things that synch can't, at least buy one of his powers, power replication) and she has many years of experience, and she also has many months of experience (comics time) in control of her powers, and experimenting with a myriad of different powersets, that Rogue would be the ideal mentor for Synch.

And Synch could also share with her the things he learned from her in her years in the vault.

It makes more sense to me that Rogue was that sort of mentor to Synch and not Jean WTF, I mean even though synch doesn't take life energy, minds, emotions or other intellectual abilities, at least they share a common power replication of powers.

And yes, a lot of what synch is doing it should also be doing with Rogue X_x .
    I guess she'll do them once she changes writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

That would make her kin to Amara/Magma as well!

I MUCH prefer the idea that she's a member of the extended RANKIN family connecting her to Mimic. The idea was used in X-MEN:NOIR...
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Anna-..._(Earth-90214)

With the Hellfire Gala costume designs becoming fair game for adaptation to full-time looks (Ororo, Jean), I wonder if a remix of Rogue's could work or desirable from her Jim Lee throwback outfit?
    Turn the statement collar into her signature hood, simplify the "lace" areas to simple translucent (ala X-Men:Evolution casual goth Rogue).
    I'd swap out the footwear to her over the thigh boots in black with green sheen. Perfection.
    Yes I agree, although I see more logic that Rogue is familiarly related to Selene before Mimic hehe, honestly it would also be less forced to fit.

Regarding the uniform, I like your option, I loved the gala outfit, it seemed the best, and it goes a lot with Rogue's personality, also the changes you mention would work with a (wide) hood instead of the collar, we know that she loves hoods .

What if I want a change of uniform now, I'm so fed up with his Jim Lee uniform, it's functional and that's it, I mean it's not even one of his best uniforms, only the jacket would let him, it's iconic but that scheme always bothered me color.
    I think now Jean is using that color scheme too, Rogue should go back to her usual color scheme, green with white, or green with black, or green white and black better yet.

Also now that she is super strong again, invulnerable and can fly, a uniform with a cape would work, for example in the first stage of Carey, or her uniform from Reaper / Legacy much better that uniform was WOW and it lasted so little.
    Now that ROGUE has the indestructible flying style powers, a cape wouldn't get in the way or be ridiculous, like I think it is on all flying heroes that don't have invulberability or super strength lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Yep, exactly like the Supernova team. I get not wanting a retread of the team, but it makes sense for Rogue to try to rehabilitate others given her own history. She'd definitely fit right with another wildcard team.

Rogue and Mimic being related in some way could be interesting. I do wish we'd gotten more revealed about her last name, it's a bit underwhelming to just leave it as it is.

Count me in! I don't mind the 90s look, but I much prefer new looks to accompany new eras.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylermax
    It makes more sense to me that Rogue was that sort of mentor to Synch and not Jean WTF, I mean even though synch doesn't take life energy, minds, emotions or other intellectual abilities, at least they share a common power replication of powers.
    That's actually a really good point! I could totally see Rogue mentoring Synch or even the other way around, considering his time in the vault. Instead we got Jean...

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Yes I agree, although I see more logic that Rogue is familiarly related to Selene before Mimic hehe, honestly it would also be less forced to fit.
    How so? Besides the fact that Selene, being millennia old, is probably the progenitor of most mutants. Rogue's powers aren't life-force draining in the same way. The worst we've seen her powers do when used to their fullest is have the powers/memory exchange become permanent become permanent and the target become a comatose blank slate. Selene's victims turn to dust.

Otherwise on the costume front: If not for this design being too grounded and probably not "Mutant Clothing" enough for the Krakoan era, I hope that we see Carnero's design for Rogue from her appearance adapted SOMEWHERE. Rogue visually outshone Carol in her own book!

Last edited by Thirteen; 02-05-2022 at 03:20 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

New day, new poll.

Emma is gone! I would like Rogue vs Storm finale personally. Nightcrawler could be an issue though…

But congrats Rogue fans on being in the top 5!