Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Yeah. She does rock the LeBeau surname now. I liked it when she called herself Anna Raven, though...
    I know, right?! Reminds me of the XTAS episode, "Hidden Agendas" (XD)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I always liked the punk hair that Silvestri drew for her as well.
    Me too. Truly an artistic accomplishment (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-03-2022 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I always liked the punk hair that Silvestri drew for her as well.
    20211225_023340.jpg
    Looked so good in action too. I miss the uni streak
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Let's go, Rogue! New year and hopefully more and better appearances! Ugh, I hope she gets a showing in issue #6. How are we talking about adding more or a new member when the present cast is so unevenly utilized.

Sidenote: I think it makes sense for Rogue to take Gambit's last name since she didn't have one she was using already and is still disassociated from Mystique. I mean they haven't spoken on panel since her wedding. Not once in the entire Krakoan era despite living on the same island! Or since Destiny's return. That really annoys me. Also yeah, it's kind of a fun callback to XTAS.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    She doesn’t really get along with mystique very well, lol. Not using her name makes sense and she definitely wasn’t using her ‘original’ last name, and Anna Marie LeBeau sounds pretty good to boot, so why not?
    I noticed lately a lot of bad parents in Marvel like Magneto coke forward about being bad parents and even make amends. Maybe Mystique and Rogue can settle their differences? Mystique behaved at Rogue’s wedding to Gambit. Their last meeting was in good terms.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Let's go, Rogue! New year and hopefully more and better appearances! Ugh, I hope she gets a showing in issue #6. How are we talking about adding more or a new member when the present cast is so unevenly utilized.

Sidenote: I think it makes sense for Rogue to take Gambit's last name since she didn't have one she was using already and is still disassociated from Mystique. I mean they haven't spoken on panel since her wedding. Not once in the entire Krakoan era despite living on the same island! Or since Destiny's return. That really annoys me. Also yeah, it's kind of a fun callback to XTAS.
    That bit about Destiny. I do like a lot about Inferno, and what its done for Raven and Irene's relationship, but it bugs the **** out of me that Hickman feels Rogue has no relevancy to this story, clearly. Irene's back for a month in hiding before revealing herself to the QC and I get that they had to keep her a secret til they were ready to make their move, but would it kill Hickman to at least include a line about how Irene can't wait til she can finally see Rogue? Or at least have a page of them reuniting before Irene and Mystique go to visit Emma in the last issue? Like, Raven didn't raise Rogue alone, Irene is every bit as much Rogue's mother as she is, and Rogue went on a whole across the world quest in search of Destiny's Diaries in large part BECAUSE of the fact that like....she misses her mom.

Its so obnoxious that nobody has even so much as mentioned Rogue's relationship to Irene in any of the story surrounding her. (I have a similar gripe about how Proteus' feelings about his mother are being similarly considered irrelevant to all things Moira X, but that's for a different thread. Although, once everything comes out in the open I wouldn't totally mind Rogue and Proteus running into each other while griping about their respective mothers not bothering to tell them they're back from the dead or never died at all, and deciding, hey let's bond over our bitching about this).

Happy New year to all my fellow Rogue fans!

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    everything about this image is ridiculous and I will always love it
    Make Good Art

I heard that the plan for the Dark Phoenix Saga in X-Men: Evolution was going to end with Jean dying and Rogue permanently absorbing her powers. Rogue and Scott would then end up as a couple. That makes sense considering the future vision shows Rogue having the ability to fly and lands right next to Scott, with Jean completely absent.

In hindsight, "Power Surge" foreshadowed this. Also, feels like Rogue is filling in the role of Emma Frost as Scott's new love interest after Jean's death.

Looks like it is legit.

I see Rogue and Scott as friends.

But just that. they arent besties or pals. just friends.

Spoilers for X-Men 6...

spoilers:
    For the 3rd issue, Rogue is basically absent. I waited out twelve issues of Excalibur, that's all I'm giving X-Men, this is getting ridiculous. The fact that the team is going to rotate when so many members are underused (Rogue, Wolverine, Sunfire) is laughable.

On the flip-side, Sunfire gets a subplot but it's babysitting one of their enemies; so not the most engaging. Feilong has no depth or charisma, so he sucks up panel-time yet again.
    end of spoilers

But yea, X-Men is disappointing as is becoming the trend.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    I see Rogue and Scott as friends.

But just that. they arent besties or pals. just friends.
    She definitely had a thing for him in that show.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Spoilers for X-Men 6...

spoilers:
    For the 3rd issue, Rogue is basically absent. I waited out twelve issues of Excalibur, that's all I'm giving X-Men, this is getting ridiculous. The fact that the team is going to rotate when so many members are underused (Rogue, Wolverine, Sunfire) is laughable.

On the flip-side, Sunfire gets a subplot but it's babysitting one of their enemies; so not the most engaging. Feilong has no depth or charisma, so he sucks up panel-time yet again.
    end of spoilers

But yea, X-Men is disappointing as is becoming the trend.
    spoilers:
    Not even basically absent, completely and totally absent! Bummer again.
    end of spoilers

So with Inferno concluded does anyone have any ideas on how Rogue should have been inserted in this? We know Hickman had her included in earlier drafts but cut her. Perhaps the way to incorparate her would have been to have 1-2 more issues with new scenes where she is included. Or are there scenes where she could have been part of as the story is now? Would she be a part of the final showdown in Inferno 4 as an example?