Page 31 of 101 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I do think the auburn hair looked good on her. I just wish we didn't have so many redheads in the X-Men so it'd look more distinctive lol

It was more Destiny's comment about having Rogue join her and Raven's ranks. That in combination of her lack of presence / storyline of the title makes it seem like Duggan is moving her out.
    True.
    Although while in the Ginger spectrum...auburn is very distinctive on its own. Rachel Jean Maddie Teresa Hope Rahne are what I would consider true red-heads. But Rogue and Mystique are definitely in a hair class all their own.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Actually I did have one question regarding Rogue's introduction into the MCU.

IF Rogue does absorb Carol in one the movies, how do you think they'll handle the different powerset Carol has? Rogue is usually portrayed with flight and super-strength, but MCU Carol has energy blasts and absorption as well. Would you be fine with Rogue taking those abilities as well or do you think she should steal only a portion of her powers?

I... actually wouldn't mind if she took all of Carol's powers. Again maybe I'm leaning hard into the lost opportunity of HoM cosmic-powered Rogue, but it could be fun.

Decided to create a poll to gauge how people might feel. There are other options here as well like maybe stealing Wonder Man instead or just using her base powers in the MCU. Feel free to vote!
    https://www.supersurvey.com/poll4224506x26ac46F6-133
    In the movie-verse, they could just say she didn’t absorb all of carol’s power, so no energy blasts, yes flying brick. It’s not like the movies would have carol in a coma for any significant length of time either.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    His Gambit is good. His Rogue is great.

I think they're both pretty great.

I do think the Savage Land Rogue look is overused and is often too cheesecake but have to admit this sculpt does look amazing.

by Thiago Lima

Really stylized but appreciate how kinetic and fluid it looks.

by Jake Castorena

I wish there was more to talk about with Rogue but there doesn't seem to be much happening at the moment. Just praying that Rogue does not return to Knights of X after the Gala issue.
    I generally feel the same about Savage Land Rogue (overdone, too cheescake), but WOW ... I love how voluminous and wild her hair is and just how powerful and self-possessed she looks in this sculpt. It somehow seems less about a male gaze and more like showing a woman who is in her element and feeling very free? And what's sexier than that?

On the hair color ... I think I do like it to have a more auburn bent, but agree that there are too many redheads and I'm not overly bothered if she's a burnette. A touch redder does help her stand out from that copy cat Tempus though.

And yeah ... there are hints swirling that make me think Rogue might move on from X-Men. Just the way things are worded, it seems possible. And I think I'm okay with that. I hope she will maybe land in a new book from Leah Williams or Alyssa Wong. But if she stays, that's also cool with me provided she is actually being utilized.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    It foes look pretty cool! As does that X-Men 97 Rogue
    It does give 97 Rogue vibes doesn't it? I hope the animation looks good for the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya
    True.
    Although while in the Ginger spectrum...auburn is very distinctive on its own. Rachel Jean Maddie Teresa Hope Rahne are what I would consider true red-heads. But Rogue and Mystique are definitely in a hair class all their own.
    Agreed that the auburn does tend to sit somewhere closer to brown usually.

It's funny though since I think during her earliest appearances her hair was very clearly brown but had shifted to be reddish during the 80s.

And here it sits as darker-colored than Rachel's bright red.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins
    In the movie-verse, they could just say she didn’t absorb all of carol’s power, so no energy blasts, yes flying brick. It’s not like the movies would have carol in a coma for any significant length of time either.
    I do hope they put Carol out of commission for a least a movie. : p I think the weight of the action increases the longer Carol is in recovery, so it's that much impactful when they eventually clash again.

But yea, just the classic flying brick powers is also fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ
    I generally feel the same about Savage Land Rogue (overdone, too cheescake), but WOW ... I love how voluminous and wild her hair is and just how powerful and self-possessed she looks in this sculpt. It somehow seems less about a male gaze and more like showing a woman who is in her element and feeling very free? And what's sexier than that?

On the hair color ... I think I do like it to have a more auburn bent, but agree that there are too many redheads and I'm not overly bothered if she's a burnette. A touch redder does help her stand out from that copy cat Tempus though.

And yeah ... there are hints swirling that make me think Rogue might move on from X-Men. Just the way things are worded, it seems possible. And I think I'm okay with that. I hope she will maybe land in a new book from Leah Williams or Alyssa Wong. But if she stays, that's also cool with me provided she is actually being utilized.
    I know right! I love her hair in that sculpture and agreed that it looks less like male gaze-y, which is part of why I like it I think.

lol there have been way too many mutants adopting a white streak. Tempus, Domino, Multiple Man... the last two weren't even born with theirs. D:<

The Gala cover has a me a bit nervous, as it's advertising Synch and Laura but no Polaris, Rogue or Sunfire in sight. Though it is just a cover, so we'll see. But it would be a very nice surprise to see her written by Leah Williams or Alyssa Wong if she doesn't stay.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    lol there have been way too many mutants adopting a white streak. Tempus, Domino, Multiple Man... the last two weren't even born with theirs. D:<
    I know, right?! I mean, I liked the way Eva's hair looked before it changed.

Looks like Rogue might appear in Judgment Day
    Hope they remember Rogue's time with the Unity Squad

It's nice to see her in the promos for the event with the other big name X-men.

I was glad to see her in the promo, especially considering how many events she's been missing since her return to X-Men. But if anyone belongs here as a voice of reason it's Rogue. I wonder if this also supports her leaving the X-Men team, though it wouldn't necessarily have to.

It is nice to see her in promo material.

But I doubt she'll have anything important to do like No Surrender, I imagine it'll just be random shots of her fighting various Eternals and/or Avengers.

FN_wydCWYAoAObI.jpg
    She does look good! Mark Brooks did her proud!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

FN_kyYYXwAUnul3.jpg
    Our girl vs the Avengers!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!