Page 48 of 101 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Seriously hope she gets to do something other than just stand there... and that she gets a new look. Not too much to ask. C'mon, Marvel!
    Please keep the gala dress on , please .
    or that his Legacy uniform returns, or another with a cape now that she flies again and is super strong.

Wow, Rogue vs Carol might happen very soon in the MCU...
    spoilers:
    during an incursion.
    end of spoilers

I'm just imagining Anna Paquin in the classic Rogue suit, similar to what we saw with Xavier in Multiverse of Madness.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 05-09-2022 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    spoilers:
    during an incursion.
    end of spoilers

I just imagining Anna Paquin in the classic Rogue suit, similar to what we saw with Xavier in Multiverse of Madness.
    or she gets a Carol... not the one in the MCU main earth...
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    spoilers:
    during an incursion.
    end of spoilers

I just imagining Anna Paquin in the classic Rogue suit, similar to what we saw with Xavier in Multiverse of Madness.
    NO MORE Paquin PLEASE.
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 05-09-2022 at 08:55 AM.

Nothing against Paquin in fact I like her as an actress, and I love her in True Blood, but she never fit me aesthetically with the character (perhaps if in X2 a little that she was beautiful there) but omitting this, what could I overlook , Fox Movies did a very poor job of characterization making NORogue ( Paquin ) my only Rogue that I do not have among my favorites in his universe .
    I insist that it was not Paquin's fault but no thanks, that image of her suffering with seat belts, and her never being in the battles of the movies continues to haunt me.

We need a completely new representation of Rogue in the cinema (please Alexandra Daddario/ Lizz Guillies or Ana De Armas), and this time it is adequate in every way, both physically and in the script of the story.

or she gets a Carol... not the one in the MCU main earth...
    Then whats the point? Might as well give Rogue those powers from some random strength/flight being. The value in having it be our Carol would be to set them up as rivals as thats something the MCU can play of of for years to come. It helps establish Rogue and gives Carol a well defined character arc going into the future. That doesnt work with some alternate Carol, we dont know that is simply used for fodder

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Then whats the point? Might as well give Rogue those powers from some random strength/flight being. The value in having it be our Carol would be to set them up as rivals as thats something the MCU can play of of for years to come. It helps establish Rogue and gives Carol a well defined character arc going into the future. That doesnt work with some alternate Carol, we dont know that is simply used for fodder
    I agree, we're super used to and bored of the Carol rivalry in the comics but it'd be very new and interesting for a hero to have an outright rivalry or hatred of another in the MCU.

Closest we got to that was the Iron Man vs Cap & Bucky situation but even that was mostly resolved in 1-2 movies. Carol struggled getting past what happened between her and Rogue for decades, so if done well they'll probably have enough drama for an entire trilogy or longer.

Though if they did want to keep Carol active but still cause friction, maybe have Simon as a boyfriend or close friend of hers, that Rogue just completely absorbs. and then is fine afterwards like UA

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Please keep the gala dress on , please .
    or that his Legacy uniform returns, or another with a cape now that she flies again and is super strong.
    Capes were never her thing... especially with super strength. The only times she wore capes, she didn't have it (Supernovas, Age of X and AoA)

Yeah. But what is Carol left with after? She already has her post-Brood experiment powerset in the movies... If she had her OG powerset... Then I'm right there with you! But what powerset will Carol be left with?

Yeah. But what is Carol left with after? She already has her post-Brood experiment powerset in the movies... If she had her OG powerset... Then I'm right there with you! But what powerset will Carol be left with?
    i mean she could keep her powerset but get a drastic reduction in power levels and psychological damage due to her mind being fractured and partially absorbed by Rogue. Maybe her powers are flight, reduced strength and limited energy blasts. That could start a "Fall and Rise" of Captain Marvel character arc where she eventually does get powered back up to where she was years down the line and have that moment earned after following her weakened for a few years. I think a weakened CM would allow them to have her face up with foes from the books like Moonstone or Mystique without her feeling too OP
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-09-2022 at 02:30 PM.

i mean she could keep her powerset but get a drastic reduction in power levels and psychological damage due to her mind being fractured and partially absorbed by Rogue. Maybe her powers are flight, reduced strength and limited energy blasts. That could start a "Fall and Rise" of Captain Marvel character arc where she eventually does get powered back up to where she was years down the line and have that moment earned after following her weakened for a few years. I think a weakened CM would allow them to have her face up with foes from the books like Moonstone or Mystique without her feeling too OP

i feel like this would be a great way to set up rogue and is comicbook accurate she started off as a villain and a definitie good one at that. taking out the avengers single handedly. it would be a huge disservice if they did not tackle the rogue rivalry in the mcu as it was a moment that helped elevate both characters in terms of characterization and interesting plotlines.

Capes were never her thing... especially with super strength. The only times she wore capes, she didn't have it (Supernovas, Age of X and AoA)
    Yes, I know, but at least he flew, except in AoX, but I think now he flies and has super strength, they looked better, besides, his physical integrity would not be at risk lol.

I always liked the three uniforms that she has had with a cape, 4 if we count the warewolf cape in excalibur lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I agree, we're super used to and bored of the Carol rivalry in the comics but it'd be very new and interesting for a hero to have an outright rivalry or hatred of another in the MCU.

Closest we got to that was the Iron Man vs Cap & Bucky situation but even that was mostly resolved in 1-2 movies. Carol struggled getting past what happened between her and Rogue for decades, so if done well they'll probably have enough drama for an entire trilogy or longer.

Though if they did want to keep Carol active but still cause friction, maybe have Simon as a boyfriend or close friend of hers, that Rogue just completely absorbs. and then is fine afterwards like UA

I like this idea of ​​Wonderman, always and when Rogue kicks Carol's ass as always and maintain their legendary rivalry.

Although I personally think Carol's power level is way too high in the MCU right now, maybe Rogue would be the medicine needed to lower those levels and she would still be very overpower even if she only stole half of her.

Anyway let's hope I just want Rogue to be introduced as she should be, as a playful villain, and then have her redemption arc and then join the xmen / or avengers depends on whether she wants the MCU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    I like this idea of ​​Wonderman, always and when Rogue kicks Carol's ass as always and maintain their legendary rivalry.

Although I personally think Carol's power level is way too high in the MCU right now, maybe Rogue would be the medicine needed to lower those levels and she would still be very overpower even if she only stole half of her.

Anyway let's hope I just want Rogue to be introduced as she should be, as a playful villain, and then have her redemption arc and then join the xmen / or avengers depends on whether she wants the MCU.
    For the most part because her absorption powers make her so powerful, don’t know if I like Rogue with energy blasts. I’d rather Simon be Carol’s boyfriend and Rogue permanently absorb him. And granted it was an alternate Captain Marvel, but her power was nowhere enough to fell tbe Scarlet Witch. Plus Thor fought her good in What If

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    For the most part because her absorption powers make her so powerful, don’t know if I like Rogue with energy blasts. I’d rather Simon be Carol’s boyfriend and Rogue permanently absorb him. And granted it was an alternate Captain Marvel, but her power was nowhere enough to fell tbe Scarlet Witch. Plus Thor fought her good in What If
    Yeah I like that idea too, but with Wanda I better not say anything, it seems to me it is too high, I imagine the only way out that remains with Wanda's current level, is to be just a final villain, or a plot device.

But well, I assume that they will use some other variant of Wanda to be part of the teams, and the crazy one will be a final enemy (house Of m or something like that) while the other wanda can continue to be a hero.

With Rogue very eager for her to debut in the MCU, hopefully we'll at least have a cameo from her and her moms soon.

By the way no news of the animated series?
    Sue is still about a year away but there should already be some progress, or more interviews.