Page 50 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    right?

I mean i luv Jean but the Emma shade is unnecesary and so 2002.

The girls made peace in this era for Apoccy sake.
    Seriously! I am looking forward to see Rogue and Lorna kick ass! I love their friendship!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Sounds like I got everything I needed from the spoilers thread and this was a good one to sit out then. At this rate, I'm thinking this is a TPB I'll be skipping unless the next several issues really impress.
    Sadly yea. Like Washout mentioned, if you are buying more of the entire team it'll keep you mostly satisfied but I read more for specific characters (Rogue, Sunfire) and it's still an uphill battle seeing them do much lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Sadly yea. Like Washout mentioned, if you are buying more of the entire team it'll keep you mostly satisfied but I read more for specific characters (Rogue, Sunfire) and it's still an uphill battle seeing them do much lol.
    Seems like we're getting the carrot dangled in front of us with no rewards given...

With the next issue being the last issue before the new Hellfire gala, we still haven't gotten Rogue's scene about joining the team. Will they have this last issue be her focus issue, or will she not get one?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    With the next issue being the last issue before the new Hellfire gala, we still haven't gotten Rogue's scene about joining the team. Will they have this last issue be her focus issue, or will she not get one?
    I don't think she will. Maybe if she stays on the team again? I think there was a rumor going around that she would.

If Bobby joins and Rogue stays, ngl it would be nice if Duggan acknowledged their friendship. I miss their angsty friendship.

I don't think she will. Maybe if she stays on the team again? I think there was a rumor going around that she would.

If Bobby joins and Rogue stays, ngl it would be nice if Duggan acknowledged their friendship. I miss their angsty friendship.
    It does seem a bit too little too late now. Had she been a major focus, it would have made sense for her to be the last feature, but now it would be weird unless it's used to showcase why she's sticking around.

It does seem a bit too little too late now. Had she been a major focus, it would have made sense for her to be the last feature, but now it would be weird unless it's used to showcase why she's sticking around.
    It could be an nice transition issue as Rogue reflects on the team changes but IDK, seems unlikely lol.

We'll see if Duggan keeps the same motifs with the new team but considering they debut in the middle of a crossover... they kinda hit the ground running so I don't see much opportunity for self-reflection.

Looks like. We got all the team except her, right?

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Looks like. We got all the team except her, right?
    Yeah, we've seen a flashback to the gala for everyone else.

If Rogue stays and Iceman is coming on board, hopefully a few of the other members will get dropped so Rogue can get more than a cameo in upcoming issues

Rogue will be added to Marvel's Strike Force, as the second horseman of Apocalypse (Famine). Gambit has been added a short time ago, and they will have synergy when used in the same team.

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    If Rogue stays and Iceman is coming on board, hopefully a few of the other members will get dropped so Rogue can get more than a cameo in upcoming issues
    Agreed. No more cameo queen pls.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America
    Rogue will be added to Marvel's Strike Force, as the second horseman of Apocalypse (Famine). Gambit has been added a short time ago, and they will have synergy when used in the same team
    Nice! I'll finally get around to playing MSF then, if only to check out Rogue.

If Rogue had been used more consistently I would be in favor of her staying, but like this?
    in a year only two decent issues for Rogue and the rest of the year she is the queen of the cameo? Or worst....
    no thanks, because YES unfortunately the last issue was once again the queen of the cameo in her own book, well let's wait for the next one to see if Rogue shows off although I doubt it, I'd bet that Jean will save the day X_x.

For God's sake Rogue should come out of this book, in any other book she would do better, Yes Even in excalibur, although I don't think Rogue will come back, but she in any of the other Brooks I'm sure she would much better.
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 05-16-2022 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    I mean I loved three specific points that Duggan showed, and I'm going to give that to him, with Rogue's invulnerability in the first issue showing that a living skyscraper hit her through several buildings and came out without a scratch and Saved Polaris as well.

And also in the penultimate issue, we saw her super speed power like we haven't seen for a long time, we also saw that she has the power to move and survive in outer space saving Laura and Yuriko.

But if you see it's just focused on her flying brick powers, but none of her absorption powers except denigrating her just so Synch can do things, when the two of them could be doing the same thing, we even know Rogue does a lot more things (stole life energy , minds emotions physical and intellectual abilities etc...) but not only did we not get anything from Rogue's mutant powers (something common in Duggan) but he writes things despising Rogue's abilities, having in canon that Rogue's mutant abilities have saved the planet from imminent destruction (Exit the Celestial and Hecatomb).
    I really need some balance.

If Rogue was being written like in Uncanny Avengers or had the same prominence, I could overlook the lack of use of absorption powers, but we don't even have that.
    So I vote for him to run out of there and go with Irene and Raven lol.

Agreed. No more cameo queen pls.

Nice! I'll finally get around to playing MSF then, if only to check out Rogue.
    That won't be easy. You need a very good and varied number of level-up characters to have a hope in the special campaigns that unlock those characters. That, or wait a long time for her character pieces to randomly appear in orbs.

Or, you know... pay actual real-world money. But where's the fun in that?