Page 60 of 101 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    That's fine, I'm glad you seemed to enjoy it from what I read lol.
    Yes yes I really enjoyed this issue a lot, it's a shame that this Rogue was not given to us by Duggan from the beginning.
    X_x

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Yes yes I really enjoyed this issue a lot, it's a shame that this Rogue was not given to us by Duggan from the beginning.
    X_x
    It just took him time to figure out how to write a team made up of powerful characters.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    It just took him time to figure out how to write a team made up of powerful characters.
    Hummmm I don't think that's the problem, it doesn't take you a full year on that.... the problem is that he doesn't know how to write team books but rather a solo.

This problem has always dragged him only that in Uncanny Avengers we didn't care because Duggan's main focus was Rogue and then to a lesser extent Deadpool, but this is not the case now, Rogue is now unfortunately not his priority, so I'm happy for the decision Rogue made.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    So if Remy really does die, what's next for Rogue? Are Destiny and Mystique gonna seize the opportunity and try to set her up with a man that better fits their agenda?
    spoilers:
    He DID get killed off! And because it happened on Otherworld, no resurrection. Rogue's a widow!
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    He DID get killed off! And because it happened on Otherworld, no resurrection. Rogue's a widow!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Not anymore, thanks to Wanda's new magic tree... Remy can be salvaged that way. Would also explain why he's in the Gala
    end of spoilers
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    X_x
    And her revelation reason was so weak...
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Looks like Lenore will be at Comic Con.

https://twitter.com/ZannLenore/statu...39036214177793

Really hoping we get a trailer or something more substantial.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    And her revelation reason was so weak...

It's True, that part was weak, but I tried to focus on the positive, and it was not a bad issue, and well, the positive was that they saved the day between Rogue and Jean (it could have been Jean alone and Rogue applauding) they showed that Rogue is a Mater in duplicating powers, and that everything that EV was doing Rogue could also do perfectly.... I insist it reminded me of the days of Xmlegacy, and taking out jean who for a change is the character who had the most attention dialogues X_X.... but Rogue in this specific issue it is the second one that was better, although this could be the main theme where Rogue shined, for example rescuing Jean, or that Jean was K.O and Rogue did the same thing that she did here, duplicating Jean's powers and being Rogue the that she save the day alone, but it was too much to ask in Jean's book.... I know I know it could have been much worse, at least Rogue was relevant here that's why I liked it, taking into account other issues in the book it could have been much worse .

And that's partly sad, since this is really the issue that Rogue received the most work on as a character.
    and I say sad because in reality we didn't get a single issue that can really be said to be the issue focused on Rogue, because in the 3 issues (and there were no more) in which Rogue does something decent, they were the same issues focused on someone else, how in Laura, and the one in Destiny and Gambit, and the latter Jean has more focus than Rogue.

For this kind of thing I'm happy because she abandoned this book, I still can't get over the fact that she was totally absent in some issues, in others she was a wallpaper and in others she was the bb pilot and she didn't help in combat or wasn't relevant X_x.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    So if Remy really does die, what's next for Rogue? Are Destiny and Mystique gonna seize the opportunity and try to set her up with a man that better fits their agenda?
    Anna Marie's a grown woman... Agenda notwithstanding -- why the hell would she "knowingly" condone Destiny and Mystique to play matchmaker for her?

Again, why wasnt this made her new costume?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I wished we had gotten a Rogue with red hair and white bangs when she absorbed Jean's powers.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Rogue is in control... that of absorbing the physical characteristics of another person is another facet of her powers, she only wanted and needed to duplicate the power, I don't know why with control she would want to duplicate the red hair lol.

For example, I would have preferred that Rogue in this issue would also use her power to take vital energy, and with that kiss Jean would stay in a coma for a while (thus we save her boring speeches) and Anna would take the credit alone, but it was not what Rogue wanted lol, just double the power.

The same except for the motives of rogue that, as Seccruz says, her motivation was very weak, I liked the rest, it was a fairly decent issue, which it should have been and it was not the entire time that Rogue was trapped here.

When she absorbed Big Xaddy Blue in Excalibur she turned blue, with blue-black hair and a white stripe. So....

Her hair turning red would have been a nice call-back to how other people's powers manifested in her...and really has no bearing on her control. Those physical markers were never something she voluntarily controlled, they were a by-product of her powers.

Also...knocking Jean into a coma would refute your claim as to her having absolute control. So...
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-24-2022 at 12:53 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Sorry another thread

She definitely looks much better with her Gala outfit as her field costume...even with the oversized collar.