Page 66 of 101 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Double Post.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Edited to add: This scene seems to have been misread?
    I... don't see how, since Kurt is literally embracing her while both are naked, along with him and several other women.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson
    I'm sorry and maybe this is my american side showing but i just HAVE to i HAVE to be able to believe adopted siblings matter. I mean we bring children in this world, we take away rights of woman, i'm not even a woman but one of my biggest fears about abortion is the control it could give a crazy man over a woman and her choices by force and they don't want to actually support the child with services and stuff so i absolutely atleast have to be able to believe and wank that adoption matters. That people that choose their family don't have someone sitting around waiting and thinking well we aren't biologically related. And maybe that makes me f$($(ed up but i just can't at this stage of the world, at any stage. It just feels like the step that is too much.
    Yea, found family is one of the core themes of the X-Men, I wouldn't just waive the adopted angle away. That said, Nightcrawler didn't grow up with Rogue so in reality this is less icky then his relationship with Amanda. It's more like a step-sibling relationship almost.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I... don't see how, since Kurt is literally embracing her while both are naked, along with him and several other women.
    You gotta love NU Marvel. Barf. Though since there are other women, he isn't singling her out specifically.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 07-07-2022 at 08:33 PM.

Too cute! She looks so bored!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    X-men #12 current book, it was quite good, that Rogue finally after a whole year, duplicated Jean's powers because she needed help, and they shared the merit of having saved those worlds, it could have been worse, with the theme that had this book, Rogue could have just stared and said how wonderful another character is, while Rogue just pilots the BB XD.

So at least it was a pretty nice issue for Rogue, they could improve some things, like Rogue's motivations for being in this group, but it could also be much worse so for that I appreciate it.

Is Incredible Rogue only used her mutant powers once in a whole year under Duggan X_c writing.
    I read it and hated it. I'd have rather she took jeans powers knocking her out instead of making her like ever other power mimic. Seems the bar is set low for rogue fans of this series

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    How is this a recycled costume?
    Its clearly a copy of that boring chris bachalo design of the green suit with cape he gave rogue in xmen apocalypse. which technically was a redesign of her brotherhood garb just adding a cape.

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    I read it and hated it. I'd have rather she took jeans powers knocking her out instead of making her like ever other power mimic. Seems the bar is set low for rogue fans of this series
    Question. If Rogue touches a person for 1 second does she get the persons full power set and level? Or does she have to hold on for dear life i.e. ms marvel to get the full powers? If I'm not mistaken Rogue never had all of Ms Marvels powers even though she was in a coma. I always thought she drained powers from a person and not copied them like Sync and Hope

Its clearly a copy of that boring chris bachalo design of the green suit with cape he gave rogue in xmen apocalypse. which technically was a redesign of her brotherhood garb just adding a cape.
    Well she can do both, or duplicate the power by leaving the other person with her powers (Simon and others) or steal it (permanent if she wants) and then RETURN it when she wants it, but without harming her, or leave her in a coma too .

Let's say she has various powers based on absorption, and that's what makes her more interesting and really more powerful and dangerous, most of them mimics just mimic, Rogue does that and a lot more.

But if you want to know, she would also have preferred that she put jean in a coma XD.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Question. If Rogue touches a person for 1 second does she get the persons full power set and level? Or does she have to hold on for dear life i.e. ms marvel to get the full powers? If I'm not mistaken Rogue never had all of Ms Marvels powers even though she was in a coma. I always thought she drained powers from a person and not copied them like Sync and Hope
    Rogue does the same thing as Hope and Synch and many more things, the other two only imitate, Rogue Imitates, absorbs, leaves depowered, powers power, drains vital energy, minds, emotions, and physical and intellectual characteristics, there are several powers really.

Regarding your question, she can do both things, with Carol she did absorb all her powers from ms Marvel in fact... NOT ONLY THAT IT MULTIPLYED THEM MAKING THEM MANY TIMES STRONGER than what Carol had back then, and the touch was just a second.

Rogue has already been seen duplicating another person's powerset just looking for it, it was seen many times in XMLegacy, now with Jean in X-men, but before it was also seen in extreme with Vargas, and in Rogue although Vargas endured the life force drain powers (a few characters have had resistance, although this was pre-control) they were stronger in Rogue than in Vargas, and rogue said something key, it doesn't matter if you are resistant to my touch (I assume the vital energy thing) now I'm like you, and it was much stronger than Vargas, also just touching characters in Legacy could leave them depowered or take away a specific power, and only return it when she decided to give up the powers, this could be in hours or days, being in control.

With Sam he used her powers and Sam still let him be in use of her powers at the same time, but in rogue they seemed to work better and be stronger, so it's kind of ambiguous she can do both, double the potential or take it off

ok... with some tweaks, yeah... But still, not the 90's look...

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    she gets them all for a minute...

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Also...what differentiates Rogue from the other "mimics" is the fact she needs to be in contact with the person whose powers she's absorbing.

She had spatial absorbtion on MMX but during Excalibur that's been changed back to her original skin-to-skin MO just with absolute control.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-09-2022 at 05:25 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Also...what differentiates Rogue from the other "mimics" is the fact she needs to be in contact with the person whose powers she's absorbing.

She had spatial absorbtion on MMX but during Excalibur that's been changed back to her original skin-to-skin MO just with absolute control.
    Which is as it should be... I only wish Marvel would show Anna Marie's (Wonder Man's) prodigious, class 100 strength more often.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    she gets them all for a minute...

Although that has been expanding limitlessly, especially since she gained control or unlocked her potential so that she begins to grow

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Which is as it should be... I only wish Marvel would show Anna Marie's (Wonder Man's) prodigious, class 100 strength more often.
    You know that the mutant powers increase and other things are shown, right?
    now it is known that she can do both, it is in her abilities, how to rechannel powers, she just has to learn how to do it, and she will do it again at some point, the distance absorption SHOWED IT FOR THE FIRST TIME CHRIS CLAREMONT creator of Rogue Kelly tompson just picked up something that Rogue showed a couple of times out of control.

I am not saying the following specifically for you, it is a thought in general, because I see it repeated in other users (very often) who are more fans of other characters than of Rogue..........
    The double standards that exist specifically with Rogue really make me laugh Because she is already an extremely powerful character in base mode.... I mean, if other characters start doing things that are within Rogue's capabilities, she's excellent and they celebrate it and call it development and potential XD when Rogue was the pioneer of many of those things,........ now Rogue makes advances in her powers of absorption and does good things they get upset lol although I don't think so annoyance really, but rather envy because Rogue, unlike other mutants (most, beginning) her power was born being an extremely powerful ability to DEFEAT even Thor, something that not even the confirmed Omegas have been able to do not even on her best day, now obviously Rogue's powers can start to grow.
    Just a lot of double standards, they want and ask for more and more things for other characters, but they don't want Rogue to increase the level of her powers???
    THAT'S CALLED HYPOCRISY XD.