Page 67 of 101 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1506

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Also...what differentiates Rogue from the other "mimics" is the fact she needs to be in contact with the person whose powers she's absorbing.

She had spatial absorbtion on MMX but during Excalibur that's been changed back to her original skin-to-skin MO just with absolute control.
    I think more than touch, is the tradegy of her powers; they hurt whoever she drains from. She has control now, but in their natural state it siphons off instead of just mimicking. This is something I wish Duggan would've explored as a difference between Synch and Rogue. Synch is able to use his ability much easier because there really isn't a cost for him, while Rogue has to worry about taking or burrowing too much.

Instead Duggan gave some vague declaration and uninteresting statement that Synch is more powerful somehow. I'm not even sure how High Evolutionary was able to measure that at a glance lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I think more than touch, is the tradegy of her powers; they hurt whoever she drains from. She has control now, but in their natural state it siphons off instead of just mimicking. This is something I wish Duggan would've explored as a difference between Synch and Rogue. Synch is able to use his ability much easier because there really isn't a cost for him, while Rogue has to worry about taking or burrowing too much.

Instead Duggan gave some vague declaration and uninteresting statement that Synch is more powerful somehow. I'm not even sure how High Evolutionary was able to measure that at a glance lmao.
    If that kind of thing made it seem like he hated her lol, more powerful?
    Hummm NO, Rogue does many more things and unlike Synch, she (Rogue) has proven to be limitless, and even in the power mimic section Rogue has proven to be much more powerful, Synch just takes it easier because she doesn't need to touch.
    but to say that just because they take powers it differently is stupid, even for Duggan X_x, but well he said it high evolutionary who is known for always being a liar lol.

I think the main difference is the following.

1) Synch just mimics it doesn't do anything else.

2 ,,) Rogue can mimic steal powers, and and she has more sub powers, like taking minds, emotions, abilities and life energy.

That's the main difference either or she only has one power, and if she can't mimic she's an ordinary human, easily killable, Rogue does a lot more basically, and has a lethal touch even for Thor level gods.

I think what bothers me the most is how troll the current DUGGAN is with Rogue, he had a full year with Rogue, and I wait for her to leave the group, to write a story with the COTVs, the enemies that Mike Carey created for Rogue essentially, and they are the ones who have the most history with her, and in all this era Rogue has not given her point of view, not even how she advises, and that basically she foiled the COTV's plans twice, and they hate her with all his strength .

Hopefully some future writer remembers this, and writes some story involving Rogue vs. COTV.

I don't think he hated her, I just don't think Duggan's vision of the character revolves around this aspect of her character. He's very enamored with her as a flying tank and not much else.

Basically the opposite of Carey, who really liked exploring her base powers but seemed uninterested in the flying brick aspect or permanently absorbed powers in general. he got rid of Shiro's powers relatively early in his run.

If only more writers were like CC, who could balance both.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp. Claremont was able to balance her characterisation better than any one who came after. (Though I do think he overdid it with the tragedy of her powers) It's just that some writers like Duggan had a different vision for her in the story they're telling. And there's nothing wrong with that.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I don't think he hated her, I just don't think Duggan's vision of the character revolves around this aspect of her character. He's very enamored with her as a flying tank and not much else.

Basically the opposite of Carey, who really liked exploring her base powers but seemed uninterested in the flying brick aspect or permanently absorbed powers in general. he got rid of Shiro's powers relatively early in his run.

If only more writers were like CC, who could balance both.
    That is precisely what makes it more disturbing that he is giving Synch capabilities that were not his initially but Rogue XD, but thank god they no longer share the same book, he can do whatever he wants with Synch always and when Rogue doesn't share the same book
    AND ON XMEN TELL US SHE DIDN'T EVEN SEEM TO LIKE IT AS A FLYING BRICK because she was pretty wasted.
    In UA it can be.

With Carey I'm going to stick my hands in the fire for him, because he used to comment on which direction he would go with Rogue, he removed the fire powerset because he didn't like it, he mentioned it, and I think most were never happy with that because it was a very clear deterioration with respect to the powers of msmarvel.

But as I said in her defense, Carey said that it is evident that Rogue is Omega level, and that Rogue did not need to permanently absorb anyone, that she would eventually rechannel powers absorbed in the past, which is the progression that we already know she will have Rogue.
    She was simply exploring all of the sub powers that Rogue has thanks to absorption, before coming to the realization of absorbed powers in the past.

With Duggan it is very frustrating that Rogue will never use her absorption powers, in UA (from duggan) I only use them once, and now in XMen I also only use them once X_x......... I see they named CLAREMONT is unusual, CLAREMONT frequently used absorption powers and didn't go long without using them, and Kelly tompson was even better than CLAREMONT (you're already good), at using all of Rogue's powers..... IT WOULD BE GREAT IF A KELLY GETS HER A NEW ROGUE BOOK, BUT NOT SHARED that it's just hers, or a team one but EVIDENTLY Kelly's focus is Rogue.

It is frustrating when comic writers don't seem to utilize the whole aspect of a character, I just don't think Duggan's writing decisions came from a place of malice. You could see some of this spill over in Marauders, where he'd have interviews saying he had great moments for a character and then the moment came and it was a bit lackluster.

Anyway, some Rogue art.

by Leslie Hung

by hailiiz<3 on patreon

Hope Rogue´s new year is better than this.

She is a ALISTER in the garage

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post

Exactly my friend, she is an A-list, and I am going to say it without filters, Rogue has always been an A-list, I see that many people excuse that Rogue is not getting much attention, because she had her for years as a star in all the books that was, and ?????
    Rogue was always an A-list, and Synch by Being dead is a priority over Rogue???
    , this is one of the most ridiculous arguments out there and worse for the argument that it should be priority over Rogue because she is a black character, X_x are you kidding me????
    What does that have to do with anything?
    , I can argue that Rogue has more priority for the simple fact of being a woman and empowered, and Synch is a man (if we start giving stupid excuses like those X_x) but the truth is Rogue is an A-list and SYNCH WAS ALWAYS Y IT'S STILL A Z-LIST, only it's the project of the moment that they do from time to time in Xbooks comics, and they fail.
    examples of Z-list who want to make A-list, well many: Tempo....... Avalanche (, xmen Evo )…... Firestar.......... Pyro...... Monet (and this is the one with the best chances) ...... Hope Summers (let them still try and fail) ...... and now Synch, which will obviously do the same and will return to the trunk of the random characters in The future, the only one I could say they managed to make an A-list even though it's not used as much now is Magik.

Only Monet hope one day to become consolidated, since she is the most interesting of all of them, and the one that could become consolidated.

With Synch, let them do what they want, I'm sure they won't be able to consolidate it, how unfortunately it didn't happen with Tempo Monet and others, but with Rogue being in another book and being treated like the star she is, I don't care what They want to promote another character, as long as Rogue is treated well and with the respect that A-list deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post

It can't be worse than this year, despite being in the main book it seemed like a wallpaper, with the exception of two books where it finally did something.

It's the bad thing about falling into the hands of Duggan where his priority was to make a solo for Jean this time, and make a co-star of a Z-list that he wanted to promote (which I still strongly believe was the editor's mandate.....) others except Scott were very mistreated, especially Rogue.

So her escaping from this book was just a prize, even in excalibur she was much better treated XD.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Exactly my friend, she is an A-list, and I am going to say it without filters, Rogue has always been an A-list, I see that many people excuse that Rogue is not getting much attention, because she had her for years as a star in all the books that was, and ?????
    Rogue was always an A-list, and Synch by Being dead is a priority over Rogue???
    , this is one of the most ridiculous arguments out there and worse for the argument that it should be priority over Rogue because she is a black character, X_x are you kidding me????
    What does that have to do with anything?
    , I can argue that Rogue has more priority for the simple fact of being a woman and empowered, and Synch is a man (if we start giving stupid excuses like those X_x) but the truth is Rogue is an A-list and SYNCH WAS ALWAYS Y IT'S STILL A Z-LIST, only it's the project of the moment that they do from time to time in Xbooks comics, and they fail.
    examples of Z-list who want to make A-list, well many: Tempo....... Avalanche (, xmen Evo )…... Firestar.......... Pyro...... Monet (and this is the one with the best chances) ...... Hope Summers (let them still try and fail) ...... and now Synch, which will obviously do the same and will return to the trunk of the random characters in The future, the only one I could say they managed to make an A-list even though it's not used as much now is Magik.

Only Monet hope one day to become consolidated, since she is the most interesting of all of them, and the one that could become consolidated.

With Synch, let them do what they want, I'm sure they won't be able to consolidate it, how unfortunately it didn't happen with Tempo Monet and others, but with Rogue being in another book and being treated like the star she is, I don't care what They want to promote another character, as long as Rogue is treated well and with the respect that A-list deserves.
    The XMen are not all about Rogue, and there will be times for any number of reasons where Rogue or someone else’s favorite character will not be used as much as someone likes.

It is what it is.

There will also be timed that characters you don’t like will rise to the forefront. I’m not the biggest cheerleader of Spider Man but he is super popular.

You could decide not to buy books without Rogue if it makes you happier.

Yeah there a lil of drama there.

Rogue is one of my faves. and ill luv she having actually a role.

But theres Emma and Mags for me.

It just sucks Rogue hasn't had a good run this entire Hickman Era.

Excalibur and X-Men both were disappointing.

It just sucks Rogue hasn't had a good run this entire Hickman Era.

Excalibur and X-Men both were disappointing.
    Yup

But sometimes your fave has spotligth sometimes nop.

Still better than Uncanny Avengers vol 1 first 2 arcs.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    The XMen are not all about Rogue, and there will be times for any number of reasons where Rogue or someone else’s favorite character will not be used as much as someone likes.

It is what it is.

There will also be timed that characters you don’t like will rise to the forefront. I’m not the biggest cheerleader of Spider Man but he is super popular.

You could decide not to buy books without Rogue if it makes you happier.
    The X-men "are not about Rogue" but she is an A-list and one of the ones with the largest number of fans, what is expected is that at least in the comics that she is at least treated well and matter to you, and not make it look like a simple Z-list.

And finally this is the Rogue thread, so I can complain all I want, and Yes some of us only consume the x-books especially for Rogue, not for Synch for example, I was interested in a dip in mimicry powers ( or those of more empathy and vampirism of vital energy) of Rogue, do not see that through Synch, and I am not saying that they do not use the character, but if they are two imitates power (Although Rogue does many other things) the least that is expected to use both of them in creative ways, regarding their powers, not just one "because he deserves priority for being black and he was dead for a long TIME" I insist the same can be applied with absurd arguments as you gave, that Rogue deserved more focus for the simple fact of being an empowered woman and Synch a man, and if it's not toxic machismo lol, but I'm not going to say something so silly, simply Rogue deserved more exposure because she is an A-list, the other NO AND I DOUBT THAT IT WILL BE, yes
    Monet (if she deserves it) couldn't doubt that Synch will get it.