Page 7 of 101 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    The majority won't agree, but I miss the interactions between Rogue & Kitty
    (I mean, they took turns saving each other back in the day):

Uncanny X-Men #194

Uncanny X-Men #211

In agreement with you about Rogue & Sunfire. Still have sad memories of their time imprisoned together (T^T)

I miss Rogue and Kitty too

A cool essay on what helps make Rogue so relatable:
    https://twitter.com/ClaremontRun/sta...964836354?s=20FIlMGrcXsAAC-wl.jpg
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

BANNED

Lol at the river rat getting sidelined for Inferno. If she was in it Hickman would have probably killed her or something like Xavier and we would have dead Rogue getting gummed up in the works or resurrection somehow bringing her back comatose like in Excalibur for added angst. You get your wife Mystique but lose something else. Your dead daughter Rogue. Krakoa hasn't done much for Rogue.

I definitely get the feeling Hickman is not attached to the character, but I don't get the impression her involvement in Inferno would have "fridged" her.

No one's death outside of Rockslide has really stuck yet, so they are not yet introducing consequences like that.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz
    A cool essay on what helps make Rogue so relatable:
    https://twitter.com/ClaremontRun/sta...6354?s=20Name: FIlMGrcXsAAC-wl.jpg
    These are nice posts yea. I definitely think Rogue's main "metaphor" is regarding the anxiety of getting close to others whether that be physically or emotionally, as well as some smaller themes of being able to form and keep your own self identity when you do interact with others.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I definitely get the feeling Hickman is not attached to the character, but I don't get the impression her involvement in Inferno would have "fridged" her.

No one's death outside of Rockslide has really stuck yet, so they are not yet introducing consequences like that.

These are nice posts yea. I definitely think Rogue's main "metaphor" is regarding the anxiety of getting close to others whether that be physically or emotionally, as well as some smaller themes of being able to form and keep your own self identity when you do interact with others.
    Oh, absolutely! It also informed her relationship with Remy afterwards in their flirtation period
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Well with the recent news of a new team debuting in X-Men in #13, what do Rogue fans think of Rogue's chances are of staying in the book? Do we even want her to stay there?

Then again, the alternative might just be rejoining Excalibur or going into Limbo...

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Well with the recent news of a new team debuting in X-Men in #13, what do Rogue fans think of Rogue's chances are of staying in the book? Do we even want her to stay there?

Then again, the alternative might just be rejoining Excalibur or going into Limbo...
    I think she'll stay but her role will be reduced even more than it has. Idk if I would want her back in Excalibur if she does leave the team. I think I would rather she just go into Limbo until someone who actually wants to do something with her can use her
    Make Good Art

All-New Member

I felt her role as the lead in XM:L was perfect. That’s the type of book she needs to be in…one where she is mentor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I think she'll stay but her role will be reduced even more than it has. Idk if I would want her back in Excalibur if she does leave the team. I think I would rather she just go into Limbo until someone who actually wants to do something with her can use her
    I know people have mixed opinions on her after Trail of Magneto, but Leah might have been nice. I liked X-Factor and feel she probably got derailed by editorial. I think after Duggan, she's also expressed interest in using Rogue. Alas, no books in this era.

Quote Originally Posted by dolf334 View Post
    I felt her role as the lead in XM:L was perfect. That’s the type of book she needs to be in…one where she is mentor.
    I did enjoy her teaching moments. I still feel she needs a redemption moment with Hellion, she was pretty rough on him in that run, but otherwise she did really well with Indra, Bling! and Trance.

I wonder how Julian feels now that the X-Men have Karima as a big enemy.

And welcome to the Rogue thread btw!

I'm comfortable with her staying in X-men. She doesn't appear every issue, but she gets to participate in the action and has had a few good showings. She also gets to participate in the big Marvel events the X-men are invited to.

I wouldn't be opposed to it. I grumble about Duggan's usage, but it was mostly due to this issue; a new team sprouting out soon and her only having a few issues of panel-time if she does only stay for 12 issues.

I did enjoy her teaching moments. I still feel she needs a redemption moment with Hellion, she was pretty rough on him in that run, but otherwise she did really well with Indra, Bling! and Trance.

I wonder how Julian feels now that the X-Men have Karima as a big enemy.

And welcome to the Rogue thread btw!
    See I believe he had that coming for what he did. Rogue also tried to talk to him afterwards about the situation but like most of us we ain't trying to hear it. I really wish the writer would have flushed out an actual conversation between Rogue and Hellion as to why he used such extreme force and why she almost tossed him into orbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    As much as I would hate that, I do have to agree with you. I miss when X-men books were full of action, Character interactions/relationships (Friends, family, and otherwise), and softball games.

Not gonna lie, I'm low key praying for Rogue to be a descendant of Selene bwahahahah

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I know people have mixed opinions on her after Trail of Magneto, but Leah might have been nice. I liked X-Factor and feel she probably got derailed by editorial. I think after Duggan, she's also expressed interest in using Rogue. Alas, no books in this era.
    Yeah, I wouldn't be opposed to Leah getting a shot at writing her. That one panel she wrote of her and Gambit in Trial was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    As much as I would hate that, I do have to agree with you. I miss when X-men books were full of action, Character interactions/relationships (Friends, family, and otherwise), and softball games.

Not gonna lie, I'm low key praying for Rogue to be a descendant of Selene bwahahahah
    Right? I legitimately thought we would start to see some more light-hearted things like that again since they are on their "paradise" island now
    Make Good Art