Page 74 of 101 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1506

Very nice! Pretty rare to see Brooks draw in the 90s outfit, he really likes the hood.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Somebody in the response said "Queer Mutant Powerhouse" and I'm lost.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Somebody in the response said "Queer Mutant Powerhouse" and I'm lost.
    It's that person's headcannon/interpretation. They respond to every Rogue Twitter post that way. I suppose there are panels and stories that could be interpreted that way and maybe they're thinking if they repeat their statement enough times they can manifest it into existence?
    Last edited by AppleJ; 07-23-2022 at 12:23 PM.

Coolz

I figured as much, as it seemed such a stretch considering her romantic history
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I think if Rogue wanted a girlfriend, she would've had one by now. I mean, she grew up around lesbian terrorists, it's not like its something she wasn't exposed to or made her uncomfortable. So she's not a case like Betsy or Kitty where I could see them more seriously considering it as they got older and outside of their home environments which might have been conservative.

The only way I could maybe see her showing that type of attraction, is if she got another strong persona like Carols stuck in her head again and that persona was attracted to women. But it wouldn't really be Rogue, so much as that persona / personality.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I think if Rogue wanted a girlfriend, she would've had one by now. I mean, she grew up around lesbian terrorists, it's not like its something she wasn't exposed to or made her uncomfortable. So she's not a case like Betsy or Kitty where I could see them more seriously considering it as they got older and outside of their home environments which might have been conservative.

The only way I could maybe see her showing that type of attraction, is if she got another strong persona like Carols stuck in her head again and that persona was attracted to women. But it wouldn't really be Rogue, so much as that persona / personality.
    Not every character should be made gay.

And thank the Goddess not every character is.

I like Rogue as a gay supporter rather than part of

She was raised by a lesbian couple has been friends with NorthStar Iceman mentor to Anole

Making her gay or bi or etc will make something nice of her history less revelant.

Is good to teach two the young readers that being heterosexual doesnt have nothing in common with being homophobe and you can have a normal relationship with someone regardless what that person do in his/her bed

She may not be gay, but she is a gay icon. There’s a difference.
    Last edited by Dipter; 07-23-2022 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Oh, for sure! She's sassy, she's tough, she's quotable, and she surrounds herself with LGBT+ friends and family. A gay icon indeed.

Last edited by ChronoRogue; 07-24-2022 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Oh, for sure! She's sassy, she's tough, she's quotable, and she surrounds herself with LGBT+ friends and family. A gay icon indeed.

Absolutely. I think because Rogue can literally become anyone on a short term basis, she is able to fully understand and empathize with any orientation and point of view. I love that about her.

I can't say I've personally ever understood her to be queer, but I can see where one could become invested in that interpretation depending on how much they wanted to read into certain subtext.

I have been trying to pin down more of Rogues personality. For instance: I see her more as someone who if comfortable with guys and having male friends but she might have 1 or 2 real close female friends.

I don’t see her as someone who enjoys what is considered high culture like the opera or that kind of art. She likes art that is more emotive for her. So she can buy a piece of art and hang it on her wall but it’s more personal connection to her that matters.

She prefers hanging with people who are more blue collar or a bit weird. People who are themselves and don’t hide it.

A good time for her is more like hanging on some old bar in New Orleans with Remy and friends listening to music and eating Cajun food. Then going to a fine restaurant in an upscale neighborhood. Not to say she might not do that once in a while. She can dress up and enjoys that part too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Exactly. a woman raised with two moms.

Who grows up to be a double premier team super hero.

Rogue vs Carol is iconic but it’s become such an expected trope. Who would you all like to see become Rogue’s villain/antagonist? I think she needs someone new to fight!