Page 9 of 101 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    That did catch my eye as well. Hopefully Rogue gets some nice moments soon, she really has been missing the past couple of issues.

Oh? That's interesting, I guess we'll see what happens. I do think we'll keep some members, but not sure if everyone is staying.

Chrono but do we really want that?
    is this really good news?
    because I honestly don't think so, many here complain about excalibur and I can understand it, but Rogue not only had a good moment there, HE HAD SEVERAL GOOD MOMENTS IN THAT BOOK.
    , something that in xmen no, it has only been a wallpaper.

My point is, we should settle for the crumbs ?????
    that they give her a issue of focus where she shines, and then fall back into oblivion in her own team book for another year, until she does something again many months later ????
    while Jean continues to get all the attention in the book?

the truth for that, I prefer Rogue to be in a limb until a writer who is interested in her rescues her.

I mean we are talking about Rogue, an AList and a character that sells well, she almost always likes the writers, and she has all her classic powers and more, do you really think they are going to leave her in limbo for many months?
    I don't think so, and to this day I think she's the best option, before I'm still stuck with Duggan in Jean's book.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Idk, I thought Duggan did a decent job with her in his Uncanny Avengers run. Surprisingly disappointed she hasn't had anything to do in the current X-Men book, as she was one of the big reasons I was picking this title up.
    In Uncanny Avengers yes my Darling, there Duggan loved her and Rogue was in the role that Jean has now, the star of the book.

On the other hand in Xmen he seems to hate her, or it's a wallpaper, or else he literally doesn't even appear in the book.

There is a big difference .

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Chrono but do we really want that?
    is this really good news?
    because I honestly don't think so, many here complain about excalibur and I can understand it, but Rogue not only had a good moment there, HE HAD SEVERAL GOOD MOMENTS IN THAT BOOK.
    , something that in xmen no, it has only been a wallpaper.
    She's gonna be on the title whether we like it or not till issue 12. The "Oh Mama" reference should happen before that, so yes, I am hoping she finally gets utilized in the last half of the series. We'll see if that happens.

Duggan can write Rogue when he wants to, the issue is just his use of structure and whether he wants to.

As for what happens after that... not sure. I'm split on it, it feels like all the books are settled so if Rogue does go into limbo it could be a long while till she gets picked up regardless if someone likes her or not. The only title I could see picking her back up soon would be Excalibur and that would be a lateral transition. (Knights of Ten did mention two mystery members...)

Quote Originally Posted by Rating The Fits
    How would you all rank Rogue's costumes?
    Anyway moving on, this was posted months ago but I don't remember posting it in the Rogue thread. A video round-up and list of Rogue's various costumes. These can always be fun even if I don't really agree with the order lol.

Personally I'd rank them as

01 Age of X
    It's dark, it's somber and it perfectly fit Rogue in this reality. With some minor changes, like turning the cape into a short-jacket, it'd probably look great as a superhero outfit.

02 House of M Red Guard
    It's a generic outfit for the Red Guard, but something about it screamed Rogue to me. Maybe it was the cowboy-esque look with the iconic hairstyle, open askew jacket and pistols. Very western and another look I'd love to see translated to the 616.

03 Outback Bodysuit
    A simplified look with nice contrasting colors. Unlike the 80s punk outifit, this one does not suffer being as era-specific.

04 Utopia Scarf
    A nice departure from most of Rogue's outfits in being more feminine. I don't think it properly conveyed the theme of Rogue being comfortable in her skin, since outside of the random cleavage, she was still covered up mostly; but I do like what it symbolizes to Rogue in terms of exploring a new era for herself.

05 Shi'ar Miners Outfit
    I do appreciate when Rogue experiments with different color schemes. Probably her most successful attempt at it, the bright pink is a nice contrast to her tomboyish personality and powerhouse powerset. The long ponytail is also iconic.

06 90s Outfit
    It has characterized Rogue for decades and it's the image the general public still clearly have of her. I think the curly hair, bomber jacket and green headband have all become very visual symbols for Rogue even beyond this era. I do get a bit tired of it at times, especially when we lean too hard into nostalgia, but it is still a great outfit.

07 X-Treme Rogue
    Like the miners outfit, one of the few non-green outfits on this list. I've grown to appreciate the costume, even if at the time it was not my favorite look lol. I think it does come together well with her trademark bomber jacket and bodysuit, with a more militant bob hairstyle and ruby shades.

08 Punk
    Similar to the 80s bodysuit, it's simple but allowed Rogue to express herself through various accessories. The inconsistency was both a strength and weakness for the outfit for me personally. I'm not sure I'd ever want the look to come back but for the time, it was a really freeform look.

09 Revolution
    A bit generic, but still solid outfit. She maintains her green and yellow color scheme with the addition of various x branding on her outfit. Not the most creative but serviceable.

10 AOA Puff Sleeves
    I'm probably biased because this is the only time the bob-cut looked great on her IMO. Over all, not a bad look, but I do think the outfit was bit too conflicting with the tones of green, yellow, blue and even purple at times.

11 Original Green Hoodie (Brotherhood)
    I grouped up her original brotherhood version and the version she wore during the twelve together because they are basically the same outfit. It's an alright look but I don't think it properly conveys her personality. Rogue isn't usually a shy or reserved character, so a hood that seems to swallow up her face in certain shots seems like a weird choice.

12 Death Touch Cape
    Like the above incarnation but taken to another level, now you add a cap that eats up her silhouette. For another hero, this outfit might work but for Rogue and her larger than life personality, I don't think it fits. Superhero outfits are rarely practical but I still find myself nit-picking the idea of a brawler wearing an easy to grab and cumbersome cape.

13 Muir Island Basic Uniform
    I like the jacket and headband but other than that, it is literally the generic training uniform.

14 Savage Land
    It's just too cheesecake for me. It fits the storyline fine but being drowned in fan-art whenever I try to search up Rogue art has soured me on the outfit.

15 Ultimate Rogue
    Very generic and not a fun color scheme with the blue and yellow. Completely lacks personality, just like her ultimate incarnation.

16 Pantsuit
    I'm sorry, while she sort of looks like an 80s fashionista, it's just too much for me and I don't think really fits her personality well. Someone like Dazzler or even Betsy wearing this I could buy, but not Rogue.

17 Orange Tunic
    Rogue should have been arrested by the fashion police for this one. The hair, the clashing color scheme, there is only so much an outfit can get wrong.

20220110_232043.jpg
    I did like the X-Treme look. Especially with that good Larocca art!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

It does look good.

I think Claremont in general seemed to prefer her in red in his later runs, if we take into account Roguecrawler and Exiles Rogue.

02 House of M Red Guard
    It's a generic outfit for the Red Guard, but something about it screamed Rogue to me. Maybe it was the cowboy-esque look with the iconic hairstyle, open askew jacket and pistols. Very western and another look I'd love to see translated to the 616.
    Awesome! Glad to see the HOM Red Guard uniform ranked so highly on your list, ChronoRogue
    (along with some glowing reviews, to boot ):

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-17-2022 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

It's definitely one of her best AU costumes.

I think it helps too that it has a more out there color scheme but still fits (white and black with gold and red accents).

And of course, the western element.

One of the reasons I liked this short cameo casual outfit in TAS too.

It does look good.

I think Claremont in general seemed to prefer her in red in his later runs, if we take into account Roguecrawler and Exiles Rogue.
    absolutely! And she rocked the red in both times!

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Awesome! Glad to see the HOM Red Guard uniform ranked so highly on your list, ChronoRogue
    (along with some glowing reviews, to boot ):

cblr509a.jpg
    It did make her cosmic power look damn good!

Ok I have to ask. The whole death of Xavier and Red skull having a part of his brain happen, right? If it did, is the knowledge of it part of the Krakoa era? Because if it is (and I know they haven't because why lol) Have Rogue and Xavier talked about that moment and how she felt thru that whole ordeal. Xavier had his jerk moments but Rogue advocated so hard for that man during UA.

Not as of yet... no. And it'd be cool as hell to see it referenced somewhere. Especially with Orchis having an Xavier cadaver of it's own

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Not as of yet... no. And it'd be cool as hell to see it referenced somewhere. Especially with Orchis having an Xavier cadaver of it's own
    You and I both know they won't but that would have been interesting to read. I would like to know why Rogue wanted to be on the main team again and the drive behind it, you know. I'm sure they will get to it eventually. (Not to rile Sy up or anything just a wondering thought )

Astonishing Member

Tbh, I don't hate them not going into Xavier's time dead, especially as it pertained to the Avengers books. Because while Rogue's feelings one hundred percent made sense and were valid, ugh did it bug the shit out of me to constantly see random Avengers like Wasp and Captain America talk down to any mutant who wasn't part of their Unity squad about what Xavier stood for and what he'd approve of and his dream and honoring his memory....as though they had a better sense of all of that and more attachment to him than various X-Men or X-affiliates they righteously spouted off to about all that.

LOL, sorry, maybe its just me but as much as I loved Rogue getting some spotlight in the broader Marvel universe outside of just the X-corner, that particular facet of that era was always cringe worthy to me. It was like, literally who asked you guys, like you want to nod along supportively to what Rogue, Logan and Alex have to say about Xavier and what he meant to mutants, cool beans, that's team solidarity. But you preaching to mutants who knew Xavier better than you ever did while your mutant teammates aren't even in the room.....mmm that was not the assignment, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    You and I both know they won't but that would have been interesting to read. I would like to know why Rogue wanted to be on the main team again and the drive behind it, you know. I'm sure they will get to it eventually. (Not to rile Sy up or anything just a wondering thought )
    I'm kinda over the Cyclops focus, tbh. I get that it's a story that needs telling, but it needs to happen faster. This series has been losing momentum... Which is sad!

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Tbh, I don't hate them not going into Xavier's time dead, especially as it pertained to the Avengers books. Because while Rogue's feelings one hundred percent made sense and were valid, ugh did it bug the shit out of me to constantly see random Avengers like Wasp and Captain America talk down to any mutant who wasn't part of their Unity squad about what Xavier stood for and what he'd approve of and his dream and honoring his memory....as though they had a better sense of all of that and more attachment to him than various X-Men or X-affiliates they righteously spouted off to about all that.

LOL, sorry, maybe its just me but as much as I loved Rogue getting some spotlight in the broader Marvel universe outside of just the X-corner, that particular facet of that era was always cringe worthy to me. It was like, literally who asked you guys, like you want to nod along supportively to what Rogue, Logan and Alex have to say about Xavier and what he meant to mutants, cool beans, that's team solidarity. But you preaching to mutants who knew Xavier better than you ever did while your mutant teammates aren't even in the room.....mmm that was not the assignment, guys.
    Very valid points. I didn't like the condescending remarks some of the Avengers made or the angst. A lot of it was just petty to me. I DO have to say I love the bolded part. (Wonderman, I need you to move a little to the left where the X-men are standing. Thank you )