Page 91 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1506

I commend Sal Larocca for giving us The BEST rendition those tattoos have ever looked from the X-TREME era.

That leg spread in her flying position by Gomez, though...OUCH
    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Rogue and Gambit sneak peek by Carlos Gomez.

https://twitter.com/RPHutch1975/stat...41243959685121
    Last edited by Thirteen; 10-23-2022 at 08:40 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I commend Sal Larocca for giving us The BEST rendition those tattoos have ever looked from the X-TREME era.

That leg spread in her flying position by Gomez, though...OUCH
    The tattoo actually looks better!
    Maybe she's getting ready to kick the everloving crap out of someone
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Rogue didn't really forfeit the Ms. Marvel power set until the start of Chuck Austen's run in Adjectiveless. I wouldn't be surprised if Claremont planned to reactivate it, along with control over her original power.

The truth is, I'd much rather we got a revisit of Rogue's stint as an Avenger, than yet another book with Rogue as Gambit's new bride. -_-
    I'd love to see Rogue with the avengers again, but I'm good with seeing her fight alongside her husband too.

Just No More Thieve's Guild Please!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Maybe I'm being paranoid, but marriage was the only way they could keep Gambit as a regular in the books and inspire some 90's atmosphere into the ongoing status quo. Gone are the days when comic book fanboys used to chase after books with scoundrels taking names and getting the chicks. We may complain as Rogue fans, but Gambit fans have it even worse, IMO.

Their not using Gambit, Rogue, Psylocke, Angel, Iceman, Beast, Jubilee and so many fan favourites in major events, then bailing themselves out by launching those "limited series" is a terrible sight.
    I’m sure you have seen in the past that the writers/editors are perfectly fine with not having gambit as a regular character, so I doubt the marriage was to keep him around. I will agree that the writers have a habit of focusing on their favorites and ignoring other popular characters, even when they make sense in the story (like leaving rogue out of destiny’s return.) and that habit seems to have gotten worse.

@Anya Of course, and if you double-check my post, that was only half the reason I cited for the marriage. If Rogue joins the main cast of a team book, you can expect Gambit will be involved to some capacity -and vice versa. IIRC, it took them more than three years to return Havok, Polaris and Rachel from their Shi'ar adventures in space, and I'm not even sure Carey was anxious to use any of them. Years of fanboy/girl outcry, most likely. A marriage helps the creative teams cover their laziness in the long-term.

What they fail or don't care enough to understand is that characters will never get meaningful character development in a mini, which a future writer is bound to ignore. It's sad and at the same time indicative of why it's important to be selective vis-à-vis what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    I'd love to see Rogue with the avengers again, but I'm good with seeing her fight alongside her husband too.
    Agreed. As far as I'm concerned, there aren't any problems with them being together.

Last edited by K7P5V; 10-23-2022 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Beau De Mayo recently had an interview about X-Men 97' and had this to share about Rogue.

https://thedirect.com/article/x-men-...oot-mcu-update
    Q: I hope Rogue is still a fan favorite...you don't mention her enough! Also have you read "Mr & Mrs X"? Not sure if you're aware that Rogue has learned to control her powers. Will this possibly be explored?
    A: "I am aware that Rogue learned to control her powers and I have mixed feelings on the shift. However, trust me when I say Rogue fans have plenty to be stoked about - in no small part due to Charley Feldman being a massive advocate for her character."
    Seems he isn't a fan of Rogue gaining control, but does say Rogue fans should enjoy her portrayal in the show. I'm ok with that, her gaining control happened much later than in the 90s anyway so this fits in terms of time period. I doubt we'll get to the Morrison or CC's X-treme era during the show's lifetime.

Also thank you, Charley Feldman!

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Beau De Mayo recently had an interview about X-Men 97' and had this to share about Rogue.

https://thedirect.com/article/x-men-...oot-mcu-update

Seems he isn't a fan of Rogue gaining control, but does say Rogue fans should enjoy her portrayal in the show. I'm ok with that, her gaining control happened much later than in the 90s anyway so this fits in terms of time period. I doubt we'll get to the Morrison or CC's X-treme era during the show's lifetime.

Also thank you, Charley Feldman!
    I'm ok with that too... Just have her and Remy date already and have her be the unit we know she is!

Ff7tBAIXEA8fmO1.jpg
    Rogue's gala looks have gone downhill since Dauterman's design... Art by Stephen Segovia

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Ff7tBAIXEA8fmO1.jpg
    Rogue's gala looks have gone downhill since Dauterman's design... Art by Stephen Segovia
    Is that Hazmat next to Remy? Almost looks like she is clinging to his arm. That feels unexpected to say the least.

I don't know what to think of the Captain Marvel arc.

Damsel in distress Rogue is bleh, from what's been hinted at, especially since that was sort of the plot the first time she guest-starred in Captain Marvel's book.

Yet most people want them to be friends and love the idea of those 2 together. *Bleh

I for one would love for Rogue to stay away from Danvers and that 90's uniform. She should just punch one, burn the other, and demand respect from the writers. (Although I'm good with the first two since that last one won't happen lol.)

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Is that Hazmat next to Remy? Almost looks like she is clinging to his arm. That feels unexpected to say the least.
    It is, yes

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I don't know what to think of the Captain Marvel arc.

Damsel in distress Rogue is bleh, from what's been hinted at, especially since that was sort of the plot the first time she guest-starred in Captain Marvel's book.
    It's the only Rogue KT can write... And I'm over it!

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    It's the only Rogue KT can write... And I'm over it!
    THANK YOU, somebody needed to say it. The most overrated Rogue writer ever.