Page 10 of 101 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    I'm kinda over the Cyclops focus, tbh. I get that it's a story that needs telling, but it needs to happen faster. This series has been losing momentum... Which is sad!
    Its funny because i don't remember the blue and gold teams of the '90s being more focused on single members than the group itself. I mean you have your character moments to shine but it was more cohesive.

True. The 90s teams felt more plot-focused rather than character-focused, for better or worse, this allowed the group to work more as a 'unit'.

So X-Men 92' is getting revived, how does everyone feel about this series? It didn't really focus on Rogue too much so was kinda meh on Rogue's portrayal, only stand-out was that Rogue vs Gladiator issue and Rogue just got beat bad there lol.

I'm still left mystified why Rogue did not try to absorb him. But whatever, I guess she her goal was just delaying him not really trying to overpower him.

Well I'm for one is going to pass on it. Only because i'm tired of the 90's look and I can go back and re-read my old X-Men books of yester year if I want to feel nostalgic of that era

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    True. The 90s teams felt more plot-focused rather than character-focused, for better or worse, this allowed the group to work more as a 'unit'.

So X-Men 92' is getting revived, how does everyone feel about this series? It didn't really focus on Rogue too much so was kinda meh on Rogue's portrayal, only stand-out was that Rogue vs Gladiator issue and Rogue just got beat bad there lol.

I'm still left mystified why Rogue did not try to absorb him. But whatever, I guess she her goal was just delaying him not really trying to overpower him.
    That series being basically satire, I didn't take it too seriously for plot or characterization. Every character is basically an exaggerated caricature of their 90s cartoon self. This scene actually made me laugh though. I also like that panel where Rogue is swinging around the bear as a weapon.

Not sure what to make of the upcoming relaunch, but with so few good options for reading Rogue (or Gambit) I'm probably giving it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    Well I'm for one is going to pass on it. Only because i'm tired of the 90's look and I can go back and re-read my old X-Men books of yester year if I want to feel nostalgic of that era
    Understandable. I do want more current Rogue development than an AU. That said...

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ
    That series being basically satire, I didn't take it too seriously for plot or characterization. Every character is basically an exaggerated caricature of their 90s cartoon self. This scene actually made me laugh though. I also like that panel where Rogue is swinging around the bear as a weapon.

Not sure what to make of the upcoming relaunch, but with so few good options for reading Rogue (or Gambit) I'm probably giving it a try.
    I get feeling this way too. And I agree, if we had a fill of good Rogue content I wouldn't be considering picking it up, but since it's been a rough couple of years, I'm probably gonna at least check it out.

I'm just hoping they utilize her better this time.

inb4 she's not even part of the main cast, just like HoX

Its funny because i don't remember the blue and gold teams of the '90s being more focused on single members than the group itself. I mean you have your character moments to shine but it was more cohesive.
    I'm not opposed to it... Especially bc we have yet to know why the current team have chosen to be in this team. It's the slow ass pace that gets me.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

I'm not opposed to it... Especially bc we have yet to know why the current team have chosen to be in this team. It's the slow ass pace that gets me.
    You and me both lol

I wonder if it is tied to the Inferno/X lives of Wolverine books needing to be completed to really get things rolling. If so that just bad planning.

You and me both lol
    We are screwed! Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    I wonder if it is tied to the Inferno/X lives of Wolverine books needing to be completed to really get things rolling. If so that just bad planning.
    I think so. Also the slow pace the other books have had with their stories.

Also this is coming out tomorrow and Rogue is featured.

https://www.cbr.com/death-of-doctor-...-black-knight/

Just posted the preview page where Rogue is shown, which is just a silhouette so far.

Looks like Black Knight is going to need to save the X-Men before they team up which is eh, but hopefully Rogue actually gets to do something later.

IMG_20220118_225333.jpg

C.F. Villa confirms this is for an upcoming book. Really digging it!

Any speculation on what it might be?

Think this is X-Men '92? X-Men? What is Villa working on currently?

Oh that does look very nice!

Yea, I'm guessing the new 92 book as well, it'd be a weird choice to have Rogue as a tease if she wasn't a member of the main team and Pepe seems to still be working on the known X-Men issues for now.

But I do like Rogue's dialogue there.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Also this is coming out tomorrow and Rogue is featured.

https://www.cbr.com/death-of-doctor-...-black-knight/

Just posted the preview page where Rogue is shown, which is just a silhouette so far..
    I approve of Rogue's hair here. 9/10. She needs to shimmy those roots a bit to increase the volume.

I liked Rogue's role in Death of Dr Strange X-Men/Black Knight