Page 16 of 101 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I think the difference for me between Excalibur and X-men is that I enjoy reading X-men even when Rogue isn't there, but everything about Excalibur annoyed me. I'd love to see more Rogue, but I still enjoy the plots in the book. With Excalibur, I didn't enjoy anything.
    All of this!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Agreed, I'm still far more interested in the plot pieces Duggan has set up than any of those used in Excalibur. I just think he introduced too many of them upfront and that took space away from character work. Also, that issue #4 bottle issue was totally unnecessary and badly placed. Really killed momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Agreed, I'm still far more interested in the plot pieces Duggan has set up than any of those used in Excalibur. I just think he introduced too many of them upfront and that took space away from character work. Also, that issue #4 bottle issue was totally unnecessary and badly placed. Really killed momentum.
    Yeah, that issue seemed like it would have worked better as an annual. Having two issues in October would have made that work better, but I think they are a little stuck with the schedule because of X Lives/X Deaths.

Agreed! But the story is again picking up pace. I just hope that Rogue's focus issue comes soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    lol this is assuming it's a main character. For all we know it could be another Morph.

We'll see, but I hope the main cast doesn't fluctuate too much. If they were going to shake-up the story significantly, I'd rather them just have done a new series.
    Yes, it can also be a random morph type character, and a new member?
    Psylocke Warren type.

But the leading group somebody died, SHe is Jean Gray who would have all the cards per story , I say there is the story of Morrison and the ten years of stories where she was very dead , so if one of the protagonists dies the safest thing is Let it be Mrs Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Agreed! But the story is again picking up pace. I just hope that Rogue's focus issue comes soon.

Ok agreed With you, but....And after that ?
    again as wallpaper?
    at this point the healthiest thing is for her to leave Duggan, she must have a writer who really likes Rogue and is interested in developing her in every way, it is obvious that Rogue is no longer his priority from UA, and I know that he can writing a competent Rogue, he just doesn't want to, his priority is Jean and Synch and now it seems Scott, Rogue and the others are sadly filler as well.

And beware, this issue was frustrating due to the lack of Rogue but it is an issue that I liked, and Synch treated very well, although I am going to mention the obvious, Synch is doing things that Rogue has been doing for decades and better and more powerful than him, and they still haven't named her Omega or potential Omega, when it's obvious that she is.

Be careful, I also think that synch is, only that Rogue has more unlimited merits to be an Omega mutant too and by facts it is obvious she is, which surely will be officially in the future, only I doubt that Duggan will do it, he does not like them Rogue's mutant powers, and ironically he treats Synch's powers wonderfully, which are a variant of Rogue's (and more now, remembering powers, the first one who did it was rogue even before Xtreme, it is within his future potential) , at least a part of them mimics power, because Rogue does many more things, but synch is considered a possible Omega for things that Rogue has shown to do and better.

Ok I applaud that you can consider synch a possible Omega I like that, that reinforces my theory that Hickman's absurd list was not going to last, and they were going to add more alphas like Omega, I just didn't think it would be so fast XD.

Rogue you can name her Omega for mimicry of power, there may be two in that category, or more, or if you don't name her Omega for accumulation theft of multiple powers, something in which she has shown unlimited many times,,,,, or in the theft of or accumulation of vital energy, something that has also been shown unlimited, or because of the emotions, psyches and physical and intellectual abilities, they have many branches where to declare it Omega, in short, we know that it has everything for that category and it will surely enter only the right writer is missing (Kelly Carey and Gage were going in that direction, in fact Carey and Tom BREVOORT mentioned that it was obvious that Rogue is an Omega level mutant).

I insist I am not underestimating synch, in fact I support him but it bothers me a little that he is doing the things and approach that Rogue should receive with her powers now that she is again in control and not limited (I'm not saying that synch doesn't deserve it, I mean that both of them should receive that good treatment of their mutant powers, especially when they are similar powers but at the same time they work differently, not exploring one's powers, and forgetting that Anna's exist), but well with duggan we know we will get such Sometimes a good characterization with her class 100+ strength powers but about her mutant powers she will be marginalized (if she is Sue she can be more than she is already in that book) the quota of the power imitator in that book is EV and Rogue?
    she forgot about her mutant powers, god i need kelly, or jim zub to get rogue back, in any book already at this point it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Ok agreed With you, but....And after that ?
    again as wallpaper?
    at this point the healthiest thing is for her to leave Duggan, she must have a writer who really likes Rogue and is interested in developing her in every way, it is obvious that Rogue is no longer his priority from UA, and I know that he can writing a competent Rogue, he just doesn't want to, his priority is Jean and Synch and now it seems Scott, Rogue and the others are sadly filler as well.

And beware, this issue was frustrating due to the lack of Rogue but it is an issue that I liked, and Synch treated very well, although I am going to mention the obvious, Synch is doing things that Rogue has been doing for decades and better and more powerful than him, and they still haven't named her Omega or potential Omega, when it's obvious that she is.

Be careful, I also think that synch is, only that Rogue has more unlimited merits to be an Omega mutant too and by facts it is obvious she is, which surely will be officially in the future, only I doubt that Duggan will do it, he does not like them Rogue's mutant powers, and ironically he treats Synch's powers wonderfully, which are a variant of Rogue's (and more now, remembering powers, the first one who did it was rogue even before Xtreme, it is within his future potential) , at least a part of them mimics power, because Rogue does many more things, but synch is considered a possible Omega for things that Rogue has shown to do and better.

Ok I applaud that you can consider synch a possible Omega I like that, that reinforces my theory that Hickman's absurd list was not going to last, and they were going to add more alphas like Omega, I just didn't think it would be so fast XD.

Rogue you can name her Omega for mimicry of power, there may be two in that category, or more, or if you don't name her Omega for accumulation theft of multiple powers, something in which she has shown unlimited many times,,,,, or in the theft of or accumulation of vital energy, something that has also been shown unlimited, or because of the emotions, psyches and physical and intellectual abilities, they have many branches where to declare it Omega, in short, we know that it has everything for that category and it will surely enter only the right writer is missing (Kelly Carey and Gage were going in that direction, in fact Carey and Tom BREVOORT mentioned that it was obvious that Rogue is an Omega level mutant).

I insist I am not underestimating synch, in fact I support him but it bothers me a little that he is doing the things and approach that Rogue should receive with her powers now that she is again in control and not limited (I'm not saying that synch doesn't deserve it, I mean that both of them should receive that good treatment of their mutant powers, especially when they are similar powers but at the same time they work differently, not exploring one's powers, and forgetting that Anna's exist), but well with duggan we know we will get such Sometimes a good characterization with her class 100+ strength powers but about her mutant powers she will be marginalized (if she is Sue she can be more than she is already in that book) the quota of the power imitator in that book is EV and Rogue?
    she forgot about her mutant powers, god i need kelly, or jim zub to get rogue back, in any book already at this point it doesn't matter.
    She's not the leader here... And there are other stories to tell.
    But he is going out of his way to not even feature her... I just hope that when she returns from Arakko she has a new look.

Attachment 117544

C.F. Villa confirms this is for an upcoming book. Really digging it!

Any speculation on what it might be?

Think this is X-Men '92? X-Men? What is Villa working on currently?
    I just found out he's doing X-Men's ninth issue

No dialogue but rogue did have a few panels in death of doctor strange 5. it was actually a pretty solid issue.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    No dialogue but rogue did have a few panels in death of doctor strange 5. it was actually a pretty solid issue.
    She was also vameo queen on Black Panther. Had a few lines there.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I just found out he's doing X-Men's ninth issue
    Nice! So at least by issue #9 Rogue will appear! Even so, I still hope it's much sooner with issue #8.

So then is Larazz taking a break I wonder? Or is he moving off the book?

She's not the leader here... And there are other stories to tell.
    But he is going out of his way to not even feature her... I just hope that when she returns from Arakko she has a new look.
    I know my friend, but there are stories where she was not the leader and I enjoyed them, I mean in her year in AstonishingX-Men I enjoyed her a lot, also in the mini group I usually enjoy her, but here ????
    I really understand that some dont liked Excalibur, but this is much worse.

And I know that Duggan is very capable of portraying a Good Rogue, and his focus problem is if he wants Rogue to show off in a big way, but what about ????
    As I said, it's obvious that Duggan lost interest, and I don't want Rogue another year in this book being a wallpaper so hopefully once a year I'll give her an issue where she can show off.

The best thing that can happen to Rogue is an urgent change of writer, and I don't think anyone can do it worse than Duggan now, but as long as I have it Duggan, Rogue is imprisoned as a wallpaper, I'm really willing to have Rogue in limbo for a few months until it is rescued by a writer who likes it or is really interested.

She was also vameo queen on Black Panther. Had a few lines there.
    In both it was more interesting than it has done in half a year in X-men it is incredible how Rogue contributes more and seems to be more important in her appearances in Avengers books (in black knight / xmen last week for example) than in the x-men book and all this awful era of Krakoa, for God's sake return Rogue to the Avengers, there she was treated with respect and like the queen she is.

By the way in "death of doctor strange" she appeared a lot and many action panels, although without dialogue she appeared a lot, fighting alongside Thor and Carol, it's always comforting to see those kinds of panels.

Nobody really reads the avengers Rogue won't move the needle over there especially with Jason Aaron there....and he tends to butcher X related things

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    Nobody really reads the avengers Rogue won't move the needle over there especially with Jason Aaron there....and he tends to butcher X related things
    Seriously! This run has been a mess. Though I would love a Rogue vs Power Princess. Not gonna lie...