Page 15 of 101 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Yea, the change from Excalibur to X-Men has been a lateral transition unfortunately. Rogue hasn't been used any better.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    It's as was feared.

spoilers:
    X-Men 7 is like the 3rd issue in a row where Rogue wasn't even in it. Sigh...

I don't get Duggan's choices here. He had his pick of mutants, why grab Rogue from Tini if he didn't have a plan or role for her?
    end of spoilers

In other news, development seems to going well with 97. Up to three episodes done so far, crossing my fingers we get the new season Spring 2023.
    Report: Lewald Interview Reveals X-MEN ’97 Aiming For Late Summer 2023 Release And Other Updates

https://www.thecosmiccircus.com/x-men-97-summer-2023/

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Report: Lewald Interview Reveals X-MEN ’97 Aiming For Late Summer 2023 Release And Other Updates

Nice find Purplevit! Thank you for the info, a bit later than spring but still a relatively good timeframe for a series that got announced just last year.

Early animatics and voice recordings have already started, with nine returning cast members “locked in for this first season.”
    I'm glad we got soft confirmation Rogue and Gambit are playing significant roles for the first season, hope that carries over for later seasons.

Additionally, the new writers won’t be afraid to kill off characters if the story needs it.
    Please no on this though lol. Unless it's Beast, sorry George Buza but that character is ruined for me.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 01-26-2022 at 05:46 AM.

Rogue has a cameo in Black Panther #3

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    it looks like she speaked more in BP3 than XMEN 7

It's as was feared.

spoilers:
    X-Men 7 is like the 3rd issue in a row where Rogue wasn't even in it. Sigh...

I don't get Duggan's choices here. He had his pick of mutants, why grab Rogue from Tini if he didn't have a plan or role for her?
    end of spoilers

In other news, development seems to going well with 97. Up to three episodes done so far, crossing my fingers we get the new season Spring 2023.
    For God's sake another issue without Rogue X_x get her out of that book, it's Sue, not even Duggan giving her 3 consecutive issues of her alone saving the world (and she won't) would be enough to redeem that, and surely later it would happen again as wallpaper or worse still, without appearing in the book like now.

Yea, the change from Excalibur to X-Men has been a lateral transition unfortunately. Rogue hasn't been used any better.
    In fact, it has been worse, much worse, even Milligan has been better at using Rogue and that is not good, I do not want to be the devil's advocate, but Tini did not handle Rogue as badly as other characters, taking out the floral coma.
    and yet that floral coma was justified and Rogue played an important role in addition to keeping an eye on her.

And when she woke up, she had many good moments, and many dialogues, I say you're not a wallpaper, I think that after Betsy, Rogue was the character that Tini treated the best.

score as a writer for Rogue.

Tini: 7/ 10 .
    Duggan in X-men: 1 / 10.

If Tini had Rogue keep Apoccy Powers...

by Maksim Strelkov

Also a Lenore Zann interview I missed.

- Lenore Zann's favorite childhood character was Annie Oakley.
    - She mentions how the success of the 90s show was never really made apparent to the VAs and they've only really gotten how popular it was in recent years
    - Lenore already had experience playing southern US characters before Rogue. Huh, interesting.
    - Lenore never meet the production crew until two years ago, OMG. how did this series turn out so great when the departments were so isolated
    - The VAs were able to play off each other like a radio drama, were in the recording booths together, she states everyone had good chemistry in her department. i guess this answers part of why the voice-acting was so good

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis
    Thank you for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by Slyermax
    score as a writer for Rogue.

Tini: 7/ 10 .
    Duggan in X-men: 1 / 10.
    Tini did give Rogue a few moments but I wouldn't say she wrote her the best after Betsy.

I think it was more like Betsy > Rictor >>>> Braddock Family >>>> Rogue > Jubilee and Gambit.

At this point, I would agree Tini actually did write Rogue better in her first seven issues than Duggan. Rogue go two spotlight issues, one while in the coma and the other when she woke up and took Apocalypse out. But afterwards, she was flitted between being Betsy's cheerleader and wallpaper. Honestly both are just subpar writers in terms of handling their casts.

Though I will say I generally like Duggan's set up better, Tini frustrated me with her world building in general even outside Rogue.

Nice find Purplevit! Thank you for the info, a bit later than spring but still a relatively good timeframe for a series that got announced just last year.

I'm glad we got soft confirmation Rogue and Gambit are playing significant roles for the first season, hope that carries over for later seasons.

Please no on this though lol. Unless it's Beast, sorry George Buza but that character is ruined for me.
    That of killing characters if the story requires it sounds to me like this series will have a more mature tone, but I don't think we should worry about Rogue, she was very popular in that animation, she also has the flying brick powers that they like so much and they work so good in the animated series, also this powers makes it almost impossible for me to be killed Her with that set of powers hehehehe honestly.

I don't think it's Rogue, I mean if it follows the line as the original series of that series that constantly took references from the comics, the only real death of Rogue was in Uncanny avengers and that lasted a short time, extremely short and he returned saving the world with probably its greatest demonstration to date of its powers of absorption.

If there is a death or two I think the ballots should go to Jean Gray and it wouldn't bother me XD, I mean in her Fox versions she died twice.... and if we go to the comics in the Morrison stage she died and the left well dead for more than a decade.

So if this series follows the reference rhythm of the stories of the comics but adapted to its own style, the one that is going to die is Jean Gray lol, I mean even in Evolution that it is the only animation where jean was treated well they show us a absent and dead jean in that look into the future, so nothing new lol.

Besides that she could replace Emma in the group, and I like that.

lol this is assuming it's a main character. For all we know it could be another Morph.

We'll see, but I hope the main cast doesn't fluctuate too much. If they were going to shake-up the story significantly, I'd rather them just have done a new series.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post

Thanks for sharing this, Purp! I am SO stoked! Sounds really promising.

Yeah, sorry I couldn't say more about XM #7 before. It's all over in the spoilers thread now if you want the deets. Very dissapointing for Rogue fans.

I do think Duggan will eventually get around to whatever he wanted Rogue for and when he does he'll probably have a better handle on writing her than Tini. The trouble is with the fact that we have to wait 8 or 9 or hopefully not 10 issues to get there and he'll have already lost many of us as an audience because of that.

But this is the style and pacing he has chosen to use. The priority has been on setting up all the villain plots upfront and then giving spotlight issues to individual characters, rather than spreading character focus pieces into each issue. It's a choice that clearly works for some and if your favorite characters have already gotten their due attention then you probably feel good about this book.

But I for one have little interest in more Scott and Jean stories and certainly have had my fill of Emma this era. I don't mind them by any means, but I came here mainly for Rogue and Laura who have not been served well in their previous Krakoa era books. I don't want them to take the spotlight every issue by any means, but I want to at least hear from them and see them having a role in more issues than not. So far they've barely been utilized and we don't know how they feel about most things going on or why they're there. A team book CAN be better balanced. It can be done. We've seen writers who do this well - Leah, Vita, Ewing to name a few. But Mauraders is a prime example of the same problem, where Kate and Emma basically took over the majority of the plot and focus while some characters like Storm had to wait a very long time to get any significant usage and others like Iceman and Bishop barely ever did.

So yeah, I'm just sitting this book out for now and reading spoilers and will wait for Rogue to finally appear and do something before I return. I think there are too many villains and too much focus on them and I'm not here for them. I'm here for the heroes.

Totally get the decision to sit this out AppleJ. And agreed with you, I came for the heroes, not for half the book to be used to set-up for villains which I still don't care about yet.

After Tini and noticing how much the series was frustrating me, I'm glad I pulled back on collecting Excalibur. It was just not worth the disappointment hoping for the story and characters to be used better.

As for myself, I'll probably still keep up with X-Men until the shake-up, I can tough it up a couple more issues and I'll share spoilers here as well for those of us not collecting.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I think it was more like Betsy > Rictor >>>> Braddock Family >>>> Rogue > Jubilee and Gambit.
    Yeah, that's my ranking as well. Tini obviously had plans from the get-go for Betsy, Rictor, and Apoc. Rogue's involvement seemed kind of half-baked but that's still more than than anything she had planned for Jubilee or Gambit. Heck, Shogo got more than either of them.
    Make Good Art

I think the difference for me between Excalibur and X-men is that I enjoy reading X-men even when Rogue isn't there, but everything about Excalibur annoyed me. I'd love to see more Rogue, but I still enjoy the plots in the book. With Excalibur, I didn't enjoy anything.