Page 4 of 101 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    According to Hickman's initial plans Rogue was supposed to steal Emma's telepathy to bring Destiny back
    Huh... Really? Emma of all telepaths? Why not ask Betsy?
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Good point.
    I imagine availability would've played a role here. With Bets in otherworld so often and all. But then why not ask Rachel?
    Emma is Hickman's preferred telepath.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    As a fan of both Emma and Rogue...That would have been awful.
    Big disagree here. That would have been awesome. Rogue actually going “rogue” this era and helping bringing her mom back against the wishes of the council(or at least the Xavier and Magneto portion of the council). THAT is my Rogue. And me being no fan of Emma, her stealing and knocking Emma down a peg would have been icing on the cake of awesomeness. Super bummed now, which is nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    She probably would not have wanted to involve one of her real friends in something that the council is against. She would have to know they were doing something shady since this wasn’t being done through normal channels. She would want the blowback to be solely on her, because she is a good person.
    Last edited by thjan; 01-06-2022 at 08:18 AM.

I think Rogue helping Mystique bring Destiny back would have actually been super fun. I've kind of been hoping for a slight heel-turn for her just to shake things up, but overall, I don't think Rogue's inclusion would have made me like Inferno any more or less.

Also, I missed her in X-men today, but the issue was still good. Hopefully she'll get more to do in the second half of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    According to Hickman's initial plans Rogue was supposed to steal Emma's telepathy to bring Destiny back
    Hey, they answered my question!!!

But boy, does that SUCK! Rogue should have been in there! Even Hickman acknowledged had he had enough time to do things the way he wanted that is how he planned to write it.

I'm not sure when people decided Rogue never breaks any rules or always follows Xavier's wishes. That isn't the character I know. She would totally go to bat for Destiny. And would not be afraid to cross Emma in the slightest. Emma had no issue swindling Rogue in her X-Men: Black issue. Since when are they BFFs? Emma wouldn't even stay mad. She'd do the same to Rogue if it meant saving the Cuckoo's or Cyclops and ya'll know it.

I feel robbed. This needs to be addressed in the new era is all I know.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I'm not sure when people decided Rogue never breaks any rules or always follows Xavier's wishes. That isn't the character I know. She would totally go to bat for Destiny. And would not be afraid to cross Emma in the slightest. Emma had no issue swindling Rogue in her X-Men: Black issue. Since when are they BFFs? Emma wouldn't even stay mad. She'd do the same to Rogue if it meant saving the Cuckoo's or Cyclops and ya'll know it.
    Exactly this!

And I feel robbed too.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Without knowing exactly how HiX-Man would have set up the scenario...how would Rogue justify crossing Emma? Because we know Emma would not freely allow Rogue to take her powers to use "for reasons". At least not without a fight which, would not only basically tarnish Rogue's reputation but as HiX-Man said detract from the main story...thereby serving no real purpose.
    While she's not afraid to cross her leaders, she's certainly not going to physically attack them for personal gain...that's not the X-Man Rogue I've been reading since inception.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I feel robbed. This needs to be addressed in the new era is all I know.
    Same, but my prediction is it won't be
    Make Good Art

Without knowing exactly how HiX-Man would have set up the scenario...how would Rogue justify crossing Emma? Because we know Emma would not freely allow Rogue to take her powers to use "for reasons". At least not without a fight which, would not only basically tarnish Rogue's reputation but as HiX-Man said detract from the main story...thereby serving no real purpose.
    While she's not afraid to cross her leaders, she's certainly not going to physically attack them for personal gain...that's not the X-Man Rogue I've been reading since inception.
    "Emma will get over it." is all the justification a character like Rogue needs when they are driven by love and loyalty. Especially a character like Rogue who is known for her emotional reactions moreso over well planned out schemes.

And how has Emma justified any of her double crosses or poor decisions in the past? "They'll get over it. They'll forgive me. They'll eventually see I was right. I needed this." It's really not that complicated, especially if Rogue's faith in Xavier and Mags has been shook by Mystique. Which I would have added to the set up.

I don't think Rogue would worry about the consequences. Does Rogue care more about her spot on the X-Men or her dead mother coming back? I would say dead mother, no question.

And Rogue doesn't need to all out attack Emma. I don't even think she would do anything to injure her. All she needs is a bare finger's worth of contact during an brief unguarded moment from Emma to knock her out. Or if any writer ever recalled her recent power expansion capabilities, all she actually needs is proximity.

Oh wow, I expected a cameo not for Rogue to have any agency in the story. I think it'd be in-character for Rogue to steal a bit of power and/or knock out Emma if she felt it was her only opportunity to bring back Destiny.

As AppleJ said, I'd have Mystique say something to the effect of 'the council has willfully been denying my request to bring your mother back and they attempted to delete the Cerebro back-up of her to prevent resurrection'; I think that's almost all Rogue would need.

Reminds me a bit of X-Men The End, just less... friendly.

Ah yes, bi/lesbian overtones. Typical Claremont.

It would be nice to see her getting her edge back, and I don't think it would have detracted from the story any more than a random scene of Bishop being promoted that had nothing to do with the main story or actually most of what happened in the first issue of the book. Like I said, I'm not mad it didn't happen, but I also think it would have been fun to see.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    It would be nice to see her getting her edge back, and I don't think it would have detracted from the story any more than a random scene of Bishop being promoted that had nothing to do with the main story or actually most of what happened in the first issue of the book. Like I said, I'm not mad it didn't happen, but I also think it would have been fun to see.
    What Hickman says in the interview is that what it would have detracted from more was the rest of the plot for Emma since it would take away real estate for Mystique recruiting her.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Destiny is back. Thanks to Raven's machinations. Rogue's reputation as an X-Man is unsullied.
    Hopefully, Gillen will give us a panel or two of reconciliation and acknowledgement between the three in IXM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Oh wow, I expected a cameo not for Rogue to have any agency in the story. I think it'd be in-character for Rogue to steal a bit of power and/or knock out Emma if she felt it was her only opportunity to bring back Destiny.

As AppleJ said, I'd have Mystique say something to the effect of 'the council has willfully been denying my request to bring your mother back and they attempted to delete the Cerebro back-up of her to prevent resurrection'; I think that's almost all Rogue would need.

Reminds me a bit of X-Men The End, just less... friendly.

Ah yes, bi/lesbian overtones. Typical Claremont.
    I was thinking of this scene too. Also of all the times she has gone against orders or recommendations. When Scott didn't like her team member choices in the Supernovas arc. Of the time she called ahead to Utopia for help and Wolverine was pissed about it during the schism. Of the time she went against Caps orders during UA before they knew he was inverted and kept the team together. Rogue is named Rogue for a reason. I never want her to be such a squeaky clean heroic character that she can't think for herself, wade into gray ethical territory, trust her own judgement and/or make the occasional impulsive emotional decision.

I was thinking of this scene too. Also of all the times she has gone against orders or recommendations. When Scott didn't like her team member choices in the Supernovas arc. Of the time she called ahead to Utopia for help and Wolverine was pissed about it during the schism. Of the time she went against Caps orders during UA before they knew he was inverted and kept the team together. Rogue is named Rogue for a reason. I never want her to be such a squeaky clean heroic character that she can't think for herself, wade into gray ethical territory, trust her own judgement and/or make the occasional impulsive emotional decision.
    Exactly. I mean, she was once a villain.

Besides, Krakoa has literal serial killers, slave traders and genocidal maniacs in power; whats a little power-stealing between allies in comparison.

Heck, Rogue already killed a council member once...