Page 5 of 101 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Good point.
    I imagine availability would've played a role here. With Bets in otherworld so often and all. But then why not ask Rachel?
    Emma is Hickman's preferred telepath.
    True. But she does have a better relationship with Betts and Ray. Hell she works with Jean...
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    True. But she does have a better relationship with Betts and Ray. Hell she works with Jean...
    I could see Emma doing something like "As an upstanding member of the council, I could never, but if someone were to obtain my powers..."

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I could see Emma doing something like "As an upstanding member of the council, I could never, but if someone were to obtain my powers..."
    Oh, yeah. Emma is that bitch! Especially after learning about Moira and her mad-on for not getting Irene back.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    According to Hickman's initial plans Rogue was supposed to steal Emma's telepathy to bring Destiny back
    As a fan of both that would have been great.

And especially as a Rogue fan and how I know how her powers work in full control and development, she could have taken Emma's powers without hurting her, and without Emma's realizing it, in fact she could have taken them from any telepath, and In Rogue the powers most of the time work better than in the original owners.

And if she didn't want to take chances, Rogue could have walked all over Krakoa and touched not just Emma / Jean ... but multiple telepaths to exponentially increase her telepathy if she didn't want to miss.

Rogue adds power over power that she takes, so that also applies to telepathy, but that true Rogue fans know, I doubt that Hickman knows how her powers work.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Without knowing exactly how HiX-Man would have set up the scenario...how would Rogue justify crossing Emma? Because we know Emma would not freely allow Rogue to take her powers to use "for reasons". At least not without a fight which, would not only basically tarnish Rogue's reputation but as HiX-Man said detract from the main story...thereby serving no real purpose.
    While she's not afraid to cross her leaders, she's certainly not going to physically attack them for personal gain...that's not the X-Man Rogue I've been reading since inception.
    There was nothing Emma could do about it.
    even if Rogue decides to go the hard way.

1) Rogue among her powers has natural resistance to telepathy, and also Xavier trained her to be more effective at that.

2) Rogue among her ionic Wonderman powers has super speed, she can fly faster than Emma blinks, she can move faster than a burst of bullets, and won't she be able to catch Emma off guard?
    WTF.

3) to finish I would not even have to hurt her, darling ... Rogue has control of her powers NOW.... and can separate her powers, she does not have to leave her in a coma, and with a casual touch it would double her telepathy and emma would not even notice, Rogue did this kind of thing a thousand times in legacy and if you really are a Rogue fan you should know.
    ROGUE IS IN CONTROL NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I like Cyclops and Rogue as friends in Evolution. Cyclops already has enough girl drama and Rogue pining is a look I hate, so not really a fan of the pairing.
    Completely understandable. For what it's worth, I liked how the X:EVO creative team handled the pairing
    (even though, nothing of the sort ever occurred between them in the comic books):

I think Gambit works better for her, seeing as the attraction is mutual, even if she doesn't trust him.
    Agreed. Of all the options, this one is my favorite...

The justification of Rogue taking Emma powers can be so easy !

1 Step.
    Raven talks to Emma and Rogue after Emma get the Moira News.

2 Step
    Raven Ask Emma to bring Destiny back. Emma Refuses BUT offer a alternative solution.

3 Step
    Rogue talks with Hope about Destiny and Moira thingys. Hope gets annyoned

4 Step
    Emma "allows" Rogue to absorb her power. unknown to her Rogue now can perma copy the powers of who she select and she select a copy o Emma telepathy for herself ( To be explored in XMen by Duggan)

5 Step
    Destiny is back Rogue is happy and tell the X men Thing about Moira.

6 Step
    Whole Krakoa knows. They want Xavier, Mags and Moira out and they did it.

7 Step
    Emma is elected as the first Kraoka President and Rogue is elected as the Minister of Defense and Ofense of Krakoa her rigth sword.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Ha ha ha ha "She works with Jean"
    I forgot! Ha ha ha. But honestly now, in my head, Rogue low key doesn't like Jean haha. Like, "I'll check with Bets and Ray first. If that doesn't work, I'll swipe Emma's. I'll ask Jean LAST. If at all"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As I've said elsewhere thank the Goddess we fans aren't writing for Marvel and the X-Office...the stories would be riddled with the same inconsistencies and OOC and "favouritism" by the current writers of which we bitterly complain, daily.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

It can be fun speculating how or why it might have played out.

Though it does make me sad he prioritized other scenes.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 01-07-2022 at 06:23 AM.

Except this idea didn't come from us, it came from Hickman, we're just speculating how or why it might have played out. He didn't cut it out because it didn't make sense, only because he prioritized other scenes.
    I think Dev was more or less commenting on my nonsense post.

Yes, thus the edit.

Ha ha ha ha "She works with Jean"
    I forgot! Ha ha ha. But honestly now, in my head, Rogue low key doesn't like Jean haha. Like, "I'll check with Bets and Ray first. If that doesn't work, I'll swipe Emma's. I'll ask Jean LAST. If at all"
    I Think That too. I Think Rogue respect Jean but is not her Bestie.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    As I've said elsewhere thank the Goddess we fans aren't writing for Marvel and the X-Office...the stories would be riddled with the same inconsistencies and OOC and "favouritism" by the current writers of which we bitterly complain, daily.
    What do you think writers are if not fans? And we still get the same amount 'favouritism' and so-called inconsistencies with them as well.
    Make Good Art

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Actually no...LOL.

I really was just generalising based off many different posts I've read here and elsewhere on how recent stories and books have ended.

I get the love for speculating, I do, but...as we expect of the writers, so too must we make it make sense in context of the story within which it is told.

I totally understand why HiX-Man cut the Rogue scene. Could he have made it work? Sure. Would we Rogue fans have been satisfied? Absolutely not.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!