Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    The push isn't organic, it is more being forced upon us than anything else. That is my problem with it. Also, they are taking the wonder girl name from them.
    What would an organic push be like?

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    If you don't know what I'm trying to get at, then I won't bother. Something tells me you know exactly what I'm trying to say.

Okay man, I don't think there's such a thing as an organic push but whatever. Yara Flor was an instant hit with fan artists. It's true that most of them don't buy comics, but you don't really see that kind of phenomenon with other brand new characters.

Do you consider the Tynion Batman characters an organic push? (Like Punchline, Clownhunter, Ghostmaker)

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I think organic is very simple. Introduce her into the Wonder-verse, have her get to bond with Diana. Have her do an arc with Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    That doesn't make sense though. The whole reason the push in the first place is BECAUSE of yara! Yara is not taking anything away from Donna and Cassie, I get wanting your favorites to get that push but if yara doesn't exist would Donna and Cassie be getting that push? NO! So why hate yara for getting one.
    Of course they wouldnt get push regardless but it can still be annoying to have a new character come into their universe and get that push right away because they just flat out refuse to push the existing ones.

Incredible Member

Shame Yara's Appreciation thread is filled with a lack of...appreciation lol.

It's not Yara's fault DC has little interest in Donna and Cassie, and ill-will towards Yara is misplaced. The reality is that we've seen more of Donna and Cassie in Wonder books SINCE Yara was introduced. Cassie has not disappeared. Donna...is as Donna does, lol.

Anyway, I can't wait to see more of Yara and her continuing adventures, hopefully on a book without delays!

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I think organic is very simple. Introduce her into the Wonder-verse, have her get to bond with Diana. Have her do an arc with Diana.

Of course they wouldnt get push regardless but it can still be annoying to have a new character come into their universe and get that push right away because they just flat out refuse to push the existing ones.
    They had their chance.
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 05-14-2022 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    They had their chance.
    Lol people are acting like yara came and took something away from Donna and Cassie. She's given more than she's "took".

How is yara growth not organic? I mean outside of her getting a solo first, how is she forced?

Lol people are acting like yara came and took something away from Donna and Cassie. She's given more than she's "took".

How is yara growth not organic? I mean outside of her getting a solo first, how is she forced?
    I think because her design struck a chord and generated so much fan art they feel like they're being forcefed because it's not Donna or Cassie getting all Yara's attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    Shame Yara's Appreciation thread is filled with a lack of...appreciation lol.

It's not Yara's fault DC has little interest in Donna and Cassie, and ill-will towards Yara is misplaced. The reality is that we've seen more of Donna and Cassie in Wonder books SINCE Yara was introduced. Cassie has not disappeared. Donna...is as Donna does, lol.

Anyway, I can't wait to see more of Yara and her continuing adventures, hopefully on a book without delays!
    Right now it will be Dark Crisis, and then we will see what happens afterwards next year or so.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I think because her design struck a chord and generated so much fan art they feel like they're being forcefed because it's not Donna or Cassie getting all Yara's attention.
    and somehow this is taking away donna and cassie shine? It just sounds like jealousy to me.

Speaking of Art, apparently Yara is getting a store exclusive Dark Crisis variant referencing COIE

https://mobile.twitter.com/GothamCit...289088/photo/1
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

That doesn't make sense though. The whole reason the push in the first place is BECAUSE of yara! Yara is not taking anything away from Donna and Cassie, I get wanting your favorites to get that push but if yara doesn't exist would Donna and Cassie be getting that push? NO! So why hate yara for getting one.
    Yara has nothing to do with Donna and Cassie not getting any push. DC has had DECADES to do so and chose not too. I hate when fans target new characters with that nonsense. It sucks and I get it but there's no guarantee they would've pushed Donna or Cassie had Yara not existed. Could they? Sure, but there's also an equal chance Yaras book could've been another Bat title.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Speaking of Art, apparently Yara is getting a store exclusive Dark Crisis variant referencing COIE

https://mobile.twitter.com/GothamCit...289088/photo/1
    Most comments on this cover is but..but..but why isn't it Donna or cassie lol

It's more like Donna and Cassie are neglected in favor of Yara.

They're around but they're not really doing much or getting fleshed out as characters. Ideally, all three of them would be getting equal spot light.

Donna and Cassie has never been treated fairly throughout the 21st century so this is just more of that.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Peter Parker and Miles Morales.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly