Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    What would an organic push be like?
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Peter Parker and Miles Morales.
    Also, I forgot to mention; Nubia.

Her inclusion, development and rise in the modern WW mythos has been so seamless and organic and inspired no fandom in fighting that she didn't occur to me at first.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Also, I forgot to mention; Nubia.

Her inclusion, development and rise in the modern WW mythos has been so seamless and organic and inspired no fandom in fighting that she didn't occur to me at first.
    I mean, how so?

Wait what? They literally killed off Peter Parker and then gave Miles Peter's book.

It's more like Donna and Cassie are neglected in favor of Yara.
    This is ridiculous. DC proved time and time again that they had not intentiom of investing in Donna or Cassie. In DCceased they killed off Diana and then had to make a replacement for her so they picked Cassie. I didn't read the book, but I'm pretty sure Wonder woman fans didn't really like the role Cassie got in those stories.

Face yhe truth guys, if Yara wasn't here, Cassie wouldn't even have been in any book in 2021. Yara was a good thing for Cassie and we shouldn't be trying to shun her away. She's not gonna replace Diana, and she might very well help Cassie get some traction until DC finally gets their head out of their asses and do something good with Young Justice generation.

Donna has no hope though, she has no future.
    Last edited by Alpha; 05-15-2022 at 10:04 PM.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Wait what? They literally killed off Peter Parker and then gave Miles Peter's book.

This is ridiculous. DC proved time and time again that they had not intentiom of investing in Donna or Cassie. In DCceased they killed off Diana and then had to make a replacement for her so they picked Cassie. I didn't read the book, but I'm pretty sure Wonder woman fans didn't really like the role Cassie got in those stories.

Face yhe truth guys, if Yara wasn't here, Cassie wouldn't even have been in any book in 2021. Yara was a good thing for Cassie and we shouldn't be trying to shun her away. She's not gonna replace Diana, and she might very well help Cassie get some traction until DC finally gets their head out of their asses and do something good with Young Justice generation.

Whatever you say. You must be right. Even Diana wants to give the Wondergirl title to Yara after knowing her for all of 5 minutes.

I agree that the passing of the torch wasn't well written

It's more like Donna and Cassie are neglected in favor of Yara.

They're around but they're not really doing much or getting fleshed out as characters. Ideally, all three of them would be getting equal spot light.

Donna and Cassie has never been treated fairly throughout the 21st century so this is just more of that.
    Cassie was part of the Wonder Girl book too.
    And she is the one with a spin-off book from Dark Crisis.

Cassie is treated much better than Donna nowadays.
    I was looking foward to Trial of the Amazons cause it look like Donna could be somewhat important to that event, but you can count with your fingers how many times she talked in that whole thing.

I'm not going to put the blame of Donna being mishandle on Yara, cause it's a pattern we are seeing since before the New 52.

I guess i'm in the minority that likes all 3 Wonder Girls, even tho Donna is my favorite. But since i don't care about Diana or the Wonder Woman Mythos, i always looked at Donna as a Titans character, same with Cassie later on. I guess DC does the same, and since the Titans are being treated like ****, it reflects on the girls.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Right now it will be Dark Crisis, and then we will see what happens afterwards next year or so.
    Speaking of Dark Crisis, I'd like to see some interaction between Yara and Jessica Cruz. The whole extrovert/introvert thing could be interesting.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I mean, how so?
    Really? This just sounds incredulous. Do you really not see the difference in how they're fleshing out and developing Nubia's character in comparison to Yara?

Yes, after he got a lengthy 100 issue run in the Ultimate Universe. Then they brought Miles into the main universe and now both Miles and Peter have books of their own.

You're talking about alternate universes.

Yara's ongoing was cancelled after 8 issues. She is around for now but her future is uncertain.

Donna is a fictional character and her future and popularity are dependent on whoever is writing her.

This sounds like somebody mixing their personal opinion with facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Cassie was part of the Wonder Girl book too.
    And she is the one with a spin-off book from Dark Crisis.

Cassie is treated much better than Donna nowadays.
    I was looking foward to Trial of the Amazons cause it look like Donna could be somewhat important to that event, but you can count with your fingers how many times she talked in that whole thing.

I'm not going to put the blame of Donna being mishandle on Yara, cause it's a pattern we are seeing since before the New 52.

I guess i'm in the minority that likes all 3 Wonder Girls, even tho Donna is my favorite. But since i don't care about Diana or the Wonder Woman Mythos, i always looked at Donna as a Titans character, same with Cassie later on. I guess DC does the same, and since the Titans are being treated like ****, it reflects on the girls.
    I'm not blaming Yara for Donna and Cassie being mishandled. Pointing out that Yara gets preferential treatment over the other two WG's is not me hating on Yara though.

Like I said, I would rather all three of them shine instead of one over the other.

I'm not blaming Yara for Donna and Cassie being mishandled. Pointing out that Yara gets preferential treatment over the other two WG's is not me hating on Yara though.

Like I said, I would rather all three of them shine instead of one over the other.
    Oh, trust me, i'm on the same mindset.
    Give me a Wonder Girls book like the current Batgirls one and i'm happy.

There is a place for all of them.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Miles is the poster boy for what Yara haters are afraid DC will do with her. Miles actively takes stuff from Peter - they’ve copied Peter’s storylines for Miles, they’ve given Peter’s Rogues to Miles, they’ve started giving Peter’s love interests to Miles with Spider-Gwen (you can split hairs all you want about Spider-Gwen not technically being Gwen, but Gwen Stacy is an iconic Peter LI that they paired with Miles for Spider-Verse) - they had Peter get his ass beat by Miles in their first crossover and tell Miles that Miles had a better costume than him, and it’s almost impossible to get anything for Peter nowadays without them shoving Miles into it. If DC did a 1/10 of what Marvel has done for Miles for Yara this sub forum would have a full blown meltdown .

Just imagine the reaction this place would have to Yara beating Diana up, Diana telling Yara that Yara has a better costume than her, and letting Yara have the WW mantle (which they still haven’t done yet). Wouldn’t be pretty.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Miles is the poster boy for what Yara haters are afraid DC will do with her. Miles actively takes stuff from Peter - they’ve copied Peter’s storylines for Miles, they’ve given Peter’s Rogues to Miles, they’ve started giving Peter’s love interests to Miles with Spider-Gwen (you can split hairs all you want about Spider-Gwen not technically being Gwen, but Gwen Stacy is an iconic Peter LI that they paired with Miles for Spider-Verse) - they had Peter get his ass beat by Miles in their first crossover and tell Miles that Miles had a better costume than him, and it’s almost impossible to get anything for Peter nowadays without them shoving Miles into it. If DC did a 1/10 of what Marvel has done for Miles for Yara this sub forum would have a full blown meltdown .

Just imagine the reaction this place would have to Yara beating Diana up, Diana telling Yara that Yara has a better costume than her, and letting Yara have the WW mantle (which they still haven’t done yet). Wouldn’t be pretty.
    And who said they aren't going to do that? People better not hold their breath. DC is at their best treating WW like garbage. So don't count them out just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Oh, trust me, i'm on the same mindset.
    Give me a Wonder Girls book like the current Batgirls one and i'm happy.

There is a place for all of them.
    I'm hoping something like a Wondergirls title is where it's all headed to as well.

Oh wow. I haven't heard of any of that. But I dip in and out of the main Spidey books since OMD happened. I did read some of Miles ongoing back when he was still in the Ultimate verse, Spider-verse and gameplay for the PS2. Suddenly I feel less bad about MCU Peter cribbing from Miles but that's for another thread.

I'm fine with Miles getting Spider-Gwen since it is an AU. OG Gwen, Spider-Gwen, GwenPool may as well be 3 different characters. MJ is the only one I consider to be Peter's OTL (even if Marvel doesn't want to admit it).

Yet, I think that if they did all this with Nubia, no one would bat an eye…

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    Yet, I think that if they did all this with Nubia, no one would bat an eye…
    Really??? Unless you are just saying this tongue and cheek, seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Really??? Unless you are just saying this tongue and cheek, seriously?
    Kinda-sorta…Though it wouldn’t surprise me if there are folks who wouldn’t mind or maybe even advocate retiring Diana in favor of Nubia as Wonder Woman.