Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Why? It's one person on Twitter.
    One person who happens to be an activist. But I don't think this was the reason...
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    One person who happens to be an activist. But I don't think this was the reason...
    Still an opinion of one person who is entitled to their opinion. And i went back and look at her Twitter didn't really saw more criticism of the character, she deals with really important matters of our country and probably doesn't care about a comic book character all that much.

But her comment was brought here as some type of sign that the character was doomed.
    Last edited by Drako; 01-16-2022 at 06:01 PM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Still an opinion of one person who is entitled to their opinion. And i went back and look at her Twitter didn't really saw more criticism of the character, she deals with really important matters of our country and probably doesn't care about a comic book character all that much.

But her comment was brought here as some type of sign that the character was doomed.
    The twitter was from January 2021, so the user would only read Wonder Woman Future State at that time. As you mentioned, she will likely not care so much about the character after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    I hope NOT, I would like to see her strengthening ties with the Wonder Family before they tie her to Superman or another group of young heroes.

I remember that in an interview someone asked Denzel Washington why a black director had to direct that movie and if anyone else could do it, and he wisely replied that it is not a question of gender or race, it is CULTURE. He said that anyone could have filmed Schindler's List or Goodfellas, but the culture of his directors is what makes them unique, understanding from a real perspective what a character is going through or living.

I think no one asks or says that, in this case, a white North American woman cannot write about a black woman of Brazilian roots on a journey of self-discovery, ah, but how different it would be if a black woman who had started that journey wrote it.
    Personally and I repeat it, never connect with Yara's story, she falls into all the topics of a cis white woman. Topics that today in the 21st century I question that represent even a cis white woman.
    Yara isn’t black. She’ll be interacting with the Wonderfamily in Trial. Problem is that the Wonderfamily’s sales are pretty poor. The books featuring Diana outside of the the main WW title have weak sales, Nubia is selling poorly as well, if they’re not going to give Yara another solo, then I think doing a team up with her and Jon makes sense. Start building up the new Trinity relationships.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

There's another option - Yara will co-star alongside Diana in her series, just like Arthur and Jackson are sharing Aquamen series.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    There's another option - Yara will co-star alongside Diana in her series, just like Arthur and Jackson are sharing Aquamen series.
    Would work for me but I think some Diana fans would resent Diana having to “share” her book the same way Arthur fans resent having to share a book with Jackson.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Would work for me but I think some Diana fans would resent Diana having to “share” her book the same way Arthur fans resent having to share a book with Jackson.
    I guess it depends on how they handle it. Would Yara be Wonder Girl in this situation and they start to develop a mentor/protege dynamic with Diana? Because I think Diana fans would probably be more open to that than Diana suddenly having to share her title and name with a new character.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I'm kind of over Yaras whole prophecy that wont be leading nowhere likely.

Yara is specifically mentioned in the “Death of JL” EW article. My guess is that’s going to be the event that pushes her to take up the WW mantle and join Jon and Jace.

Yara's ongoing didn't even last 10 issues. Does DC really think she will take off if she becomes the 'main' WW?

Conspiracy theory time: WB doesn't want their cache of superheroes anymore but they would still like to have IP's that they fully own and control without having to share. So they're preparing for the likelihood of sell the rights to one of their big IP's like Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman for a quick cash grab or they can't wait for the Trinity to enter public domain and are preparing. We are almost a decade away from that happening and in terms of publishing history that's a very short amount of time.

Extraordinary Member

Wonder Girl #7 Preview
    Writer: Joelle Jones
    Artist: Leila del Duca

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Conspiracy theory time: WB doesn't want their cache of superheroes anymore but they would still like to have IP's that they fully own and control without having to share. So they're preparing for the likelihood of sell the rights to one of their big IP's like Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman for a quick cash grab or they can't wait for the Trinity to enter public domain and are preparing. We are almost a decade away from that happening and in terms of publishing history that's a very short amount of time.
    WB being so hard up for money I'd believe it lol. DC comics has been on the chopping block for what seems like forever.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    WB being so hard up for money I'd believe it lol. DC comics has been on the chopping block for what seems like forever.
    Wouldn't make any sense given the upcoming Discovery/WarnerMedia merger - AT&T is receiving 43 billion in the deal, why would Discovery go through with it if WB is selling off big IPs?

Astonishing Member

They were able to avoid public domain for years, and they will do it again.
    These IPs are huge money, tremendeously huge. Just like Mickey Mouse, Spider-Man, etc. Corporations won't let anyone to have piece of this cake.