Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So yeah I appreciate the reference but a little concerning that the Amazons just have a headdress for when one of their greatest warriors became a zombie who ripped peoples hearts out.

And let’s not even get into how the Flashpoint helmet is there

(I’m mostly messing around and appreciate a good reference here or there, I really am just questioning the black lantern tiara).
    Maybe its a way to remember what happened and what could happen again. Maybe it still has black lantern energy in it?

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    This bit was cool:

And Yara not being all that enthused about being “Wonder Girl” made me laugh:

Guess we’ll see what happens in Dark Crisis and if she becomes WW or not.
    I wonder if after Dark Crisis there will just be 2 WWs or Yara will just get a new name.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Extraordinary Member

And this is why I love Yara. I know people tend to be hesitant about "different" and "new," but I think the WW mythos (and comics in general) could use a significant amount of both, personally.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

This bit was cool:

Guess we’ll see what happens in Dark Crisis and if she becomes WW or not.
    Haven't read the issue yet, but this scene looks way cool.

Love the art; facial expressions and body language are perfect match for dialogue.

*takes off Captain Obvious hat
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Seems Yara declines the initial invitation to join the JL in Dark Crisis. Wonder if she will end up joining by the end?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Seems Yara declines the initial invitation to join the JL in Dark Crisis. Wonder if she will end up joining by the end?
    With all the things we're hearing from this event I don't know what they're doing. But I do believe yara will be a core player.

Yeah, from what Bleeding Cool says, the team will be Superman (Jon), Robin (Damian), Doctor Light, Killer Frost, Harley Quinn, Blue Beetle (Ted), Blue Beetle (Jaime), Booster Gold, and Aquaman (Jackson). Four of those would usually be Titans, not Leaguers. Two more are more likely to be on the Suicide Squad (though this won't be Frost's first time on the JLA). Only Booster, Ted Kord and Kimiyo are traditional Leaguers - and they're from the JLI era!
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dark...aled-spoilers/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, from what Bleeding Cool says, the team will be Superman (Jon), Robin (Damian), Doctor Light, Killer Frost, Harley Quinn, Blue Beetle (Ted), Blue Beetle (Jaime), Booster Gold, and Aquaman (Jackson). Four of those would usually be Titans, not Leaguers. Two more are more likely to be on the Suicide Squad (though this won't be Frost's first time on the JLA). Only Booster, Ted Kord and Kimiyo are traditional Leaguers - and they're from the JLI era!
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dark...aled-spoilers/
    That seems to be Jon just cobbling a makeshift League together after everyone else rejected him lol. I don’t think that League will last beyond 2 issues at most and definitely won’t be the League left standing at the end of the event. Jace I can understand rejecting an offer to join the JL given his characterization but I wonder what Yara’s reasoning will be?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

That seems to be Jon just cobbling a makeshift League together after everyone else rejected him lol. I don’t think that League will last beyond 2 issues at most and definitely won’t be the League left standing at the end of the event. Jace I can understand rejecting an offer to join the JL given his characterization but I wonder what Yara’s reasoning will be?
    I haven't read Yara comics beyond Future State but she doesn't seem like the type to have any interest in joining the JL because she has her own stuff going on and has basically been a hero for five minutes.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

They posted a full colorized version of this...

20220507_093200.jpg
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Question is it just me or is like 85% of the yara hate we see here just "what about Donna or cassie" or "she can't replace diana"! They clearly view yara as a threat, but why?

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Question is it just me or is like 85% of the yara hate we see here just "what about Donna or cassie" or "she can't replace diana"! They clearly view yara as a threat, but why?
    If Yara takes off my guess is the fear is that any future adaptions would go with her and Nubia for diversity sake and would never bother with Donna and Cassie again. I guess an example would be how Jaime has replaced Ted as the Blue Beetle. Cassie I think still stands a good chance of showing up regardless of whether Yara takes off or not, but DC hasn’t known what to do with Donna for years even before Yara, and that’s not going to change.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Some are stressed/annoyed that when DC finally is willing to put effort into a Wonder character it is a brand new one while the other two WG get paid dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Some are stressed/annoyed that when DC finally is willing to put effort into a Wonder character it is a brand new one while the other two WG get paid dust.
    That doesn't make sense though. The whole reason the push in the first place is BECAUSE of yara! Yara is not taking anything away from Donna and Cassie, I get wanting your favorites to get that push but if yara doesn't exist would Donna and Cassie be getting that push? NO! So why hate yara for getting one.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

That doesn't make sense though. The whole reason the push in the first place is BECAUSE of yara! Yara is not taking anything away from Donna and Cassie, I get wanting your favorites to get that push but if yara doesn't exist would Donna and Cassie be getting that push? NO! So why hate yara for getting one.
    The push isn't organic, it is more being forced upon us than anything else. That is my problem with it. Also, they are taking the wonder girl name from them.