Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Id read it...but this is why DC should've started a new line that focuses on a different Earth like Marvel did w/Ultimates.
    The graphic novel format of Earth One could've solved some of the pacing issues her solo had.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-01-2022 at 11:50 AM.

I just read all 7 of her issues. They were better than I expected and I did enjoy them. A shame it was canceled so soon, but I bet it prob had something to do with her show not taking off.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Having read her Future State stories, Yara feels like a fun enough character but I don't think she really needs the Wonder Woman title.
    Honestly? I think the world of WW needs a bit more fun, quite frankly.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Having read her Future State stories, Yara feels like a fun enough character but I don't think she really needs the Wonder Woman title.
    I felt the same with Jace and a few other legacy characters. But Marvel and DC aren't good at building up new characters so legacies are the pragmatic play.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-02-2022 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I felt the same with Jace and a few other legacy characters. But Marvel and DC aren't good at building up new characters so legacies are the pragmatic play.
    It’s because diversity is “in” but people don’t actually support diverse characters unless they come attached to an already established brand. So all we get now are legacies.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s because diversity is “in” but people don’t actually support diverse characters unless they come attached to an already established brand. So all we get now are legacies.
    I feel like I have to say that this really only seems to be an issue for the big 2. Image, IDW, Boom, Dark Horse, etc. have absolutely no problem introducing characters of color. The thing is with the big 2, people tend to only like what they're already familiar with. And what they're familiar with generally came out before people finally realized that heroism comes in all sorts of colors. I'm not gonna say it's conscious, but these preferences have definitely been ingrained in people's heads for many, many years now and we are only now beginning to open our minds to more (some of us, anyway).
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Angel View Post
    I just read all 7 of her issues. They were better than I expected and I did enjoy them. A shame it was canceled so soon, but I bet it prob had something to do with her show not taking off.
    Her book should have never been contingent on that, it was such a fun book colorful and lively

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Her book should have never been contingent on that, it was such a fun book colorful and lively
    Unfortunatly her run was heavily influenced by that. Heck, the characters backstory and origin had also been heavily rewritten at the whims of the shows showrunner which got finalized into the comic before said show was cancelled. I doubt we will ever know how much of the run was Joelle Jones and how much was mandates from the tv show because DC told Jones to treat the tv showrunner as her second editor who needed to approve everything.

Extraordinary Member

IMHO, it was the most fun and colorful as anything within WW's little corner of the DC universe has been in awhile.

No wonder it got stamped out.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

A baby Amazon?

A baby Amazon?
    Wouldn't be the first time. We had bunches of em in pre crisis

Looks gorgeous.

The name of the third one is Taina-Kan, right? I can't see it well as the name is covered by the character.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Angel View Post
    I think it had more to do with the event
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

A baby Amazon?
    That's not unprecedented.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.