Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

I genuinely liked that moment between Yara and Hippolyta
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I really liked this issue. So far the best issue of the event. I hope we can learn more of the Esquecida in the future.

https://www.cbr.com/yara-flor-wonder-woman-outdated/

I mean what do you guys think? Is Yara really looking down at Diana. I mean she only met her down so why would she say that? Overall Dc will most likely just have yara change her mind since you know. They will just have Diana come back to Wonder Woman
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 03-22-2022 at 11:21 AM.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post

I mean what do you guys think? Is Yara really looking down at Diana. I mean she only met her down so why would she say that? Overall Dc will most likely just have yara change her mind since you know. They will just have Diana come back to Wonder Woman
    I think Yara is just being her cocky and blunt self.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I genuinely liked that moment between Yara and Hippolyta
    I dug that moment too. Joelle is pretty great at nailing individual plot beats, it’s just overall story arcs where she struggles.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post

I’m not sure she’s looking down on Wonder Woman, I think she’s more akin to questioning the status quo as it is for her and all Amazons. Because she acknowledges that both Wonder Woman and the Amazons are powerful, but questions why do people with such great power feel the need to lower themselves to Gods that Yara views as despicable and corrupt beings. Because Yara has serious issues with gods basically ruining and manipulating her life, considering how her mother is dead, she never knew her people, and they tried to force her to be a champion/date Eros.

Basically if Diana is this amazing person on the Justice League who is almost a god herself, saved the multiverse multiple times, came back from the dead and can do all these fantastical things, why on earth is she listening to people like Hera who had her mother killed? Look at it like that and it makes sense.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I think thus far they have kind of failed to show why Yara would want to be known as Wonder_____ or why she wears armor that resembles that of WW and her people.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I’m not sure she’s looking down on Wonder Woman, I think she’s more akin to questioning the status quo as it is for her and all Amazons. Because she acknowledges that both Wonder Woman and the Amazons are powerful, but questions why do people with such great power feel the need to lower themselves to Gods that Yara views as despicable and corrupt beings. Because Yara has serious issues with gods basically ruining and manipulating her life, considering how her mother is dead, she never knew her people, and they tried to force her to be a champion/date Eros.

Basically if Diana is this amazing person on the Justice League who is almost a god herself, saved the multiverse multiple times, came back from the dead and can do all these fantastical things, why on earth is she listening to people like Hera who had her mother killed? Look at it like that and it makes sense.
    Well, the Patrons helped her a lot in Year One, are literally the reason Themyscira even exists, and they generally seem to have a pretty respectful distance from the Patrons even though they show loyalty to them.

But Yara doesn't know any of that.

Yara’s only interaction with the gods has them manipulating her and trying to turn her into a weapon, so her being disappointed that the Themyscarians worship her abusers makes sense. Diana herself has had a tumultuous relationship with her patrons also.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yara’s only interaction with the gods has them manipulating her and trying to turn her into a weapon, so her being disappointed that the Themyscarians worship her abusers makes sense. Diana herself has had a tumultuous relationship with her patrons also.
    I guess that's kind of what happens when the Greek Gods are a pretty big part of the mythos but are also...well, the Greek Gods.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

"Rape, Murder, Sickness, Greed... yacht rock." Damn you Greek Gods! Ha. Although I'll be damned if I don't enjoy me some Christopher Cross...

Visually this was great, awesome art from Jones as expected. Facial expressions, body language and placement, stellar. Also appreciated the reference to Da Vinci's "The Last Supper" in the dinner scene.

And poor Kangas...

But yeah, overall not much by way of plot advancement in the big picture, but I really enjoyed this. Kinda wish it could have been kept up as an ongoing.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Yeah I love yara's personally, good chicken lol. I hope she gets her solo back!

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Stunning work from Joelle.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Stunning work from Joelle.
    Man great work, yara is definitely a beautiful character!!