Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m assuming the opposite, they’ll relaunch her as Wonder Woman just like how Jon is Superman and Jace is Batman. Yara being “Wonder Girl” felt like an attempt to synergies with the planned CW show. Given that’s no longer happening I expect she will be taking the WW name after Trial, co-WW with Diana.

Hopefully Joelle either restricts herself to just writing or they get a new writer because all the delays really hurt the book.
    I hope not. The WG title really suits her...

I think that DC has really botched WW's line expansion. Nubia's last issue of the miniseries being part of the event makes no sense to me and their handling of Yara series isn't any better. Hopefully people will stay interested and after the event things get a bit more coherent.

Trial of the Amazon sneak peak:

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

She hasn’t been called wonder girl at all yet.

That's disappointing news. I hope the series is relaunched under the Wonder Girl name, that's a nice role for her that doesn't overlap with Diana. And Cassie needed a new role even before Yara came along.
    This kind of killed by excitement for Trial

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    She hasn’t been called wonder girl at all yet.
    Yeah, which means if they relaunch as Wonder Woman something, then that'd mean the current run was named after Cassie, who was in the book but wasn't the protagonist.

It doesn't make sense to do anything other than a same named relaunch. Unless... they make Cassie and Donna permanent co-stars and relaunch as Wonder GIRLS?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

in fact in the WG Special solicitation, Cassie is named as Wonder Girl...

Well this is confusing
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, which means if they relaunch as Wonder Woman something, then that'd mean the current run was named after Cassie, who was in the book but wasn't the protagonist.

It doesn't make sense to do anything other than a same named relaunch. Unless... they make Cassie and Donna permanent co-stars and relaunch as Wonder GIRLS?
    Lol ok, no one actually thinks or will think the book is named after Cassie.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    in fact in the WG Special solicitation, Cassie is named as Wonder Girl...
    We have multiple Batmen, Supermen and Batgirls running around (possibly Robins too depending on how the bat office feels like treating Tim) - we can have multiple Wonder Girls.
    Last edited by Hypo; 01-13-2022 at 03:36 PM.

Well this isn't good.

https://twitter.com/RoliverQueen_/st...90509870096384
    Quote Originally Posted by Roliver Queen
    Looks like there’s more to the story about Wonder Girl being cancelled. Not surprised this went under people’s radar. I didn’t even find this thread until now…

I wonder this caused too much of a ruckus in editorial. BUT BUT like I said before POC folk were tellin y’all this
    https://twitter.com/alice_pataxo/sta...04160616198145
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice Pataxo
    Since the WW Br was announced, many people were excited about the idea, and we indigenous women wondered about what would come, and once again we were not wrong. Stereotypes, sexualization of indigenous bodies, disrespect for our beliefs and cultures, "blend" our identities.

They use our desires for representation and protagonism in the form of entertainment and cash machines and in the end, we do not see ourselves, because they know nothing about our people (who were not part of this construction), as they always appropriate our culture.

Yara Flor not only brings the stereotype but also the discussion of who will play, women who are quoted by the stereotype but have never lived our lives, they don't know our villages, they don't know what real heroines are.

"mix" our gods with the culture of others and we are forced to silence ourselves?! They disrespect the caipora, you can't think you're right about our gods, our beliefs, Yara does that in the HQ.

They demonized the figure and essence of a guardian of the forest, that's not right, they didn't do the least. I'm disappointed in this bigotry, we're not pop culture, don't make us entertainment-friendly, we are for real, with even more amazing real stories.

as I said to @munihin_ who is this Yara Flor near the Indian Krinça

I want to see real indigenous women, women who know our pain, who understand our resistance, memory, our belief. This is no mess, no leader or hero will ever be greater than our beliefs.

Yara Flor is nothing but the white ego talking. @DCComics
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

While I do hope that whoever ends up taking over Yara pays more than lip service to her heritage I really doubt this had anything to do with the cancellation of the book. DC doesn't care.

Why? It's one person on Twitter.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Why? It's one person on Twitter.
    Yeah I wonder if Diana, Donna, Cassie, nubia and artemis are all culturally accurate also . or is this just hating on the new girl.

I see what the Twitter user is saying and I respect their opinion but comics like this usually aren't culturally accurate and mainly act on the rule of cool beyond anything else.
    Last edited by 9th.; 01-14-2022 at 11:38 PM.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Yeah I wonder if Diana, Donna, Cassie, nubia and artemis are all culturally accurate also . or is this just hating on the new girl.
    When people say that they want authentic (or "more" authentic than we have now) Greek gods in WW they usually get ridiculed.