Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Are these real?
    Probably. They do have a DC line.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Probably. They do have a DC line.
    I've seen enough evidence to believe this. It's cool to put these characters out in the world so people can learn about these new characters.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Where's this from? Is it a YA book or something.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Where's this from? Is it a YA book or something.
    Nope fanart. Twitter handle is in the bottom right of the pic
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Looks like how Yara would look if she was actually YOUNGER than Cassie (which she ought to have been - how does it make sense that the new Wonder Girl is OLDER than the previous one who's still active?). The red sweater blue skirt outfit could easily be a school uniform.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Looks like how Yara would look if she was actually YOUNGER than Cassie (which she ought to have been - how does it make sense that the new Wonder Girl is OLDER than the previous one who's still active?). The red sweater blue skirt outfit could easily be a school uniform.
    It makes sense because yara being wonder girl has nothing to do with cassie

That in itself is a problem. Cassie was a regular in Yara's book. But it was Diana who gave Yara the title in Trial of the Amazons, without consulting Cassie. Even Yara herself thought it was odd, she wanted to be a second Wonder Woman, as she's already in her 20s.

They should've had Cassie agree to share the mantle, and they probably should've also made Yara about 18, which is also how old Cassie is.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-12-2022 at 03:22 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

That in itself is a problem. Cassie was a regular in Yara's book. But it was Diana who gave Yara the title in Trial of the Amazons, without consulting Cassie. Even Yara herself thought it was odd, she wanted to be a second Wonder Woman, as she's already in her 20s.

They should've had Cassie agree to share the mantle, and they probably should've also made Yara about 18, which is also how old Cassie is.
    How about they do something original, and not give Yara the moniker Wonder Girl as that has already been used. Also, do not give her the Wonder Woman title as that is not hers and is in use.

Strange concept, but maybe she can just be Yara or some other, original codename if they want to give her one.

Maybe it wouldn't make Diana look like a douche giving someone a title that is already someone else's let alone having even earned said title.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    this would have been a cool design for Yara if she was closer to Jon and Damian's age
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    It makes sense because yara being wonder girl has nothing to do with cassie
    Her age doesn't make sense though. She's supposed to be in Jon, Wallace, Emiko, and Damian's generation. But to be fair Yara isn't the problem for this, the problem is that Cassie, Tim, and everyone else from that generation doesn't seem to age or show growth. They are all stuck with the same mantles they had in the 90s.

Jon did the same thing to Conner and Damian will start looking more mature than Tim.

They should've given Cassie a new mantle by now, she has long outgrown Wonder Girl, and getting a new Wonder Girl was long overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    How about they do something original, and not give Yara the moniker Wonder Girl as that has already been used. Also, do not give her the Wonder Woman title as that is not hers and is in use.

Strange concept, but maybe she can just be Yara or some other, original codename if they want to give her one.

Maybe it wouldn't make Diana look like a douche giving someone a title that is already someone else's let alone having even earned said title.
    Cassie's the one who needs to get a new original moniker, she's been Wonder Girl for decades.

She can't be Wonder girl forever while all the other legacy mantles got used to introduce new characters.

My only problem with Yara is that she should be in her teens while Cassie is in her early 20s.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Cassie's the one who needs to get a new original moniker, she's been Wonder Girl for decades.

She can't be Wonder girl forever while all the other legacy mantles got used to introduce new characters.

My only problem with Yara is that she should be in her teens while Cassie is in her early 20s.
    Cassie is not the problem, it's the writers who want to shoehorn in Yara as either Wonder Girl or even Wonder Woman. It's not Yara's to take nor to be given to. They want to give her some importance to the DC world by giving her a title that has already been taken/used. It's Cassies for now and however long it takes since people, in general, do not really age in the comics, unless you are Jon Kent of course.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Cassie is not the problem, it's the writers who want to shoehorn in Yara as either Wonder Girl or even Wonder Woman. It's not Yara's to take nor to be given to. They want to give her some importance to the DC world by giving her a title that has already been taken/used. It's Cassies for now and however long it takes since people, in general, do not really age in the comics, unless you are Jon Kent of course.
    People barely age in comics but they do lose mantles and take up new original ones. Cassie got the title from Donna. Yara got the title from Cassie.

There is no reason Cassie has to be the only Wonder Girl, when Tim made space for Damian as Robin. A legacy mantle can't be stuck on one character just because writers can't come up with something else for Cassie. There is nothing wrong with DC giving new characters "more importance" with mantles when they've been doing that for decades. I don't see why Yara should suddenly be a problem, when DC's been doing this for decades.

All of the YJ generation should’ve graduated to new names by now. It’s a strike against them that they haven’t and instead are still mainly relying on nostalgia to get people to care about them. Yara being Wonder Girl isn’t my ideal because I’d rather she was WW. Weird as hell that her peers are Jon as Superman and Jace as Batman but she’s using a sidekick moniker.