Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Ignoring H*rley, interested to see how Yara, Damian, Jaime and Jackson interact with each other. And it looks like she might be leading.
    That’s Jon’s failed JL, wonder if we’ll actually get to see them fight together after all?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That’s Jon’s failed JL, wonder if we’ll actually get to see them fight together after all?
    Probably, I saw them in art together. I liked them together in superman/wonder woman.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Seems to be everyone except the two Supers, yeah. Maybe Yara changed her mind and came to join them, and ends up taking over the team while Jon and Kara do something else?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Well, this group finally has a Wonder! And Ivan Reis?

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    She sure is. Good thing I haven't spent a cent on anything associated with Yara.
    You do realize this is a Yara Flor appreciation thread right? Never understood why some fans go to an appreciation thread just to disrespect the character the thread is about
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

I do love Yara. She's sweet and fun and youthful, and heroic.

Every wonder has a different " voice", which I like.

What do you guys what see happen with yara after dark crisis?

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Hoping she’s on the JL with the other FS members.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm still unclear on what happened to Yara's Wonder Girl series. I've heard that Indigenous Brazilians had a major problem with Jones' depiction of their culture. That might track because I remember DC was looking for an Indigenous Brazilian to write the story and when they couldn't find one, they hired Jones.

In any event, I hope she isn't just discarded now that the TV show thing didn't work out because the CW is likely phasing out superhero shows so that HBO Max can take over the reins.

I know, however, that Yara is unpopular with a certain segment of Wonder Woman fans who see her as an upstart attempting to take Cassie's "rightful" place.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Did you mean 'want'?
    Personally I know its asking for alot, but I kinda want a different writer to try their luck with Yara in a solo. Jones is a fine enough writer when given a mini and clear direction, but when given the opportunity to do an ongoing, the story badly tends to meander. Yes, the Wonder Woman mini had some great elements, but it could have done without six different storylines stacked on top of eachother at the same time before the character even got to have a code name.

But yeah, in my ideal 'wish list' id wanna see a Yara book focusing on her being based out of Brazil and breathing life into Akahim. We have gotten maybe two pages of that city and I would love to see it fleshed out.
    And toss in next to it a book focused on an Amazon based out off Bana Mighdall, to give those Amazons a focus. Make em companion books

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    I'm still unclear on what happened to Yara's Wonder Girl series. I've heard that Indigenous Brazilians had a major problem with Jones' depiction of their culture. That might track because I remember DC was looking for an Indigenous Brazilian to write the story and when they couldn't find one, they hired Jones.

In any event, I hope she isn't just discarded now that the TV show thing didn't work out because the CW is likely phasing out superhero shows so that HBO Max can take over the reins.

I know, however, that Yara is unpopular with a certain segment of Wonder Woman fans who see her as an upstart attempting to take Cassie's "rightful" place.
    Fans don't have a problem with yara. A minority on Twitter has a problem with yara. People need to stop taking Twitter seriously.

Fans don't have a problem with yara. A minority on Twitter has a problem with yara. People need to stop taking Twitter seriously.
    I've actually seen the Yara hate from several people on this message board. I had no idea that it was also on Twitter.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    I've actually seen the Yara hate from several people on this message board. I had no idea that it was also on Twitter.
    If opinions around here were to be believed, then Artemis isn't much liked, Donna is the most popular character, and Superman/Wonder Woman shippers are not a very very tiny minority. Can't really use one small community as an indicator for things. Even then this only counts the people who even join groups just for chatting about comics

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    If opinions around here were to be believed, then Artemis isn't much liked, Donna is the most popular character, and Superman/Wonder Woman shippers are not a very very tiny minority. Can't really use one small community as an indicator for things. Even then this only counts the people who even join groups just for chatting about comics
    Right the amount of hate yara gets online is from a tiny minority, as no different then Batman or harley. But we all know how popular they are outside of that Haye. Same with yara!!

Last edited by SonOfBaldwin; 08-02-2022 at 09:45 AM.