Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Pretty much my thoughts exactly. Leaving Black Adam speechless with just a few words alone should be enough to endear her to readers. He just does not know how to react to this woman because she refuses to treat him in any way similar to the way anyone has before. Some see him as a threat. Others as a reluctant ally. It seems as if she never once considered him at all before this instance and that simply confounds him. I love it.
    If it was Donna they'd loved it lol

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Both Yara and Jon stood up to BA in this issue. Maybe they'll bond over that.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Okay, folks, this is an APPRECIATION THREAD, not the 'Why I don't like Yara Flor' thread, so let's keep it positive and not argumentative.

Thanks!
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Im looking forward to Akahim being explored more. I like the conceit that this particular Amazon city is only accessable by diving into a river and coming out the other side to this whole other realm.

akahim.jpg

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    Yeah this is precisely why I’m not taken with Yara, she’s a bit too fresh for my liking. I guess she’s designed to be a cooler, more “relatable” successor to Diana but to me she sounds like just your run-of-the-mill Gen-Zer. Perhaps I’m old but I prefer Diana’s kind and noble character, which is why she doesn’t press her foot against another person’s face. Yara totally would though, and she'd feel righteous about it too
    What you mean unlike the cover of WW 790 where that’s exactly what Diana is doing.

On another point I am still concerned DC might bench Yara as that’s precisely what they’ve done to another of their new female superheroes who were meant to be the next big thing.
    Last edited by Top Hat; 08-09-2022 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    What you mean unlike the cover of WW 790 where that’s exactly what Diana is doing.

On another point I am still concerned DC might bench Yara as that’s precisely what they’ve done to another of their new female superheroes who were meant to be the next big thing.
    I believe yara will be fine, she already few like the second biggest character in the ww franchise to me.

Speaking of Yara, how did you like her appearance in the latest issue of Nubia: Queen of the Amazons?
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Speaking of Yara, how did you like her appearance in the latest issue of Nubia: Queen of the Amazons?
    I'm gonna read it tonight when I get off work, but hope yara's awesome personality shines through!!

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post

I’m not worried, I think other than Diana herself Yara is the safest of the Wonders.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m not worried, I think other than Diana herself Yara is the safest of the Wonders.
    Yeah yara is the one on new candy bars and a main character in Dark Crisis. She's DC second biggest wonder behind diana herself!!
    Last edited by Gaelforce; 08-13-2022 at 09:54 AM.

Astonishing Member

I like Donna but she pretty much became llike DBZ human fighters in the background. Plus all those mutiple choice origins didn't help.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    I like Donna but she pretty much became llike DBZ human fighters in the background. Plus all those mutiple choice origins didn't help.
    I think this is essentially what's doing her in. It makes it really hard to define her, hence she's kinda undefined. As for Cassie, she's unforunately just a part of the YJ generation that the current editorial staff has no idea what to do with.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I think this is essentially what's doing her in. It makes it really hard to define her, hence she's kinda undefined. As for Cassie, she's unforunately just a part of the YJ generation that the current editorial staff has no idea what to do with.
    Yep but somehow it's yara's fault they don't get pushed by dc.
    Last edited by Gaelforce; 08-13-2022 at 09:56 AM.

Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.