Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 LastLast

Yara will be in the Deadly Green one shot!

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Bola coming at 'ya.

20220909_081624.jpg
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yara will be in the Deadly Green one shot!

You know it’s interesting to see that they sat her next to the other two new guys who have yet to be involved in a crisis event (Levi Swamp Thing and Khalid Doctor Fate).
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

What's interesting about it? Am I missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassy0110 View Post
    I wonder if they are going to dress at least one heroine in pants.
    Supergirl?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Supergirl?
    The pants are what made me stop watching her show. They were ugly and she didn't feel like Supergirl to me anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    What's interesting about it? Am I missing something.
    I personally think its interesting, others may not.

I just think it’s cool to see all the new kids at the crisis together.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

I enjoyed her annual visually

Joelle Jones is an incredible artist, she needs a partner like the way Tom Taylor has Bruno. Someone willing to do the work she has done in keeping things respectfuly curracter to legend and lore as she has but can bear writting good story.

I forgot about Joao, very handsome but not much else
    I love jerry tho

Good to see Yara is still getting used!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Good to see Yara is still getting used!
    I love Jon Kent, but of the three 5G Trinity replacements, Yara feels like the one with the most staying power. I can see Jace slowly fading from prominence in a few more years (he's already basically relegated to his book and nothing much else) and Jon... They're starting to enter the "what do we do with you" phase with him and it seems like they're well-aware they jumped the gun on aging him up, but in making him a high profile queer character, regressing him to a child effectively kneecaps all their efforts in showing him develop queer romances. Making him Electric Blue Superman may actually be the niche he needs as an adult to gel, but history has shown that teen Jon has met his ceiling.

Yara, though? She still appears in her family of books, is getting used in events and DC seemingly isn't floundering with her. I think, of all the Trinity replacements, she's most likely to find a niche people like.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I love Jon Kent, but of the three 5G Trinity replacements, Yara feels like the one with the most staying power. I can see Jace slowly fading from prominence in a few more years (he's already basically relegated to his book and nothing much else) and Jon... They're starting to enter the "what do we do with you" phase with him and it seems like they're well-aware they jumped the gun on aging him up, but in making him a high profile queer character, regressing him to a child effectively kneecaps all their efforts in showing him develop queer romances. Making him Electric Blue Superman may actually be the niche he needs as an adult to gel, but history has shown that teen Jon has met his ceiling.

Yara, though? She still appears in her family of books, is getting used in events and DC seemingly isn't floundering with her. I think, of all the Trinity replacements, she's most likely to find a niche people like.
    Well that's why I glad DC made her wonder girl in stead of wonder woman! She doesn't have to compete with diana. They can stand side by side like batman and nightwing do.

Jace's case is kind of weird because Ive never seen him on any batbook. His series sells more and is already longer than Jons and Yaras, bit it's like no one knows him. Who the hell is buying his series and why are don't they talk anything about the character? It's like everybody and no one cares at the same time

Well its John Ridley writing, so Jace is going to do well regardless. I think part of the problem is simply that Ridley has such a strong reputation that nobody can really play with the character until hes done with him.

I like Yara, but at the moment she honestly seems like the weakest link of the three successors.
    Jaces book has been doing really well even if its not much talked about with the million other Batbooks.

Some people complain about Jons Superman book or point at it ending as a sign of the characters doom, but it still did pretty well and got more public recognition than most books have in years.

Yara...I love the character but she has not had near as much of a chance to really prove herself as the others. Like, even putting aside that Jon was around for years unlike the other two, and the fact that Jace has a big name writer building him up, Yaras only gotten to do a few two episode minis in Future State, a short mini series to call her own which just barely covered her origin story, a one shot special, and background cameo appearances in Dark Crisis.

It would be nice if she was given something more substantial to build her up.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    Jace's case is kind of weird because Ive never seen him on any batbook. His series sells more and is already longer than Jons and Yaras, bit it's like no one knows him. Who the hell is buying his series and why are don't they talk anything about the character? It's like everybody and no one cares at the same time
    Jon actually sold better than Jace last I saw. I think Jon’s book got cancelled and Taylor is doing a mini simply to hand Jon over to someone else because he got tapped to do a higher profile book. Yara had the strongest sales debut, what killed her was all the delays, but she’s being used in events like Dark Crisis and Lazarus Planet which is a reason to be optimistic.

I don't know where people are getting the info that Jace's book is doing good. The only sample since we have is from ICv2 and it barely made the top 150 most sold of August. While Son of Kal-el was around the 80 mark.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.