Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Of course those other characters didn’t get adapted into outside media like Miles did. Were we to get a Mayday film/cartoon/whatever I think she would definitely blow up in popularity. Will be interesting to see how Miguel’s popularity is affected by ATSV using him.

Bringing it back to the thread focus, if that Wonder Girl show had happened then Yara would be the second most popular Wonderverse character ahead of any of the others.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

One minute she’s DC next big thing, the next her solo title is axed so abruptly that they’ve actually cancelled a previously solicited issue. I only just read the news and one of my first thoughts was I wonder how much of this was to do with the proposed television show featuring the character not going ahead. TBH after the trial of the Amazons I fear them shelving the character. Even if they temporarily kill off Diana I could imagine them using somebody like Nubia instead.

Today's issue had some cool moments, but it was definitely the worst issue so far. And the art of later half was rough. If you have Donna Troy in your book and somehow she is ugly, you're doing something wrong in the art department.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

To say this issue was the finale, it hit pretty weak. All of a sudden she remembers everything.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    To say this issue was the finale, it hit pretty weak. All of a sudden she remembers everything.
    I mean I assume that was because Joelle had to squeeze an ending into one issue before the Trial event starts.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I don't know if this is the end of Wonder Girl, but certainly it isn't the end of Yara

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Yara makes an "appearance" on this week's Naomi

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

At least we got some closure.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Yara makes an "appearance" on this week's Naomi
    The show? Or the new comic?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

The show? Or the new comic?
    The show. More of a blink and you miss it easter egg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    The show. More of a blink and you miss it easter egg
    its a start

Yeah, the entire series now feels a bit pointless and aimless. Things had to wrap up before they could be set up properly.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean I assume that was because Joelle had to squeeze an ending into one issue before the Trial event starts.
    That was pretty obvious TBH and I gave the issue a far bit of allowance for that.

An Incan-inspired pattern doubles for the South American pattern on Yara's Wonder Girl uniform. It's not a big deal, as Incan-inspired patterns are widely popular, well into Southern Central and South America, ..rather like the Akan-inspired Kente cloth patterns, in popular West African textiles.

Just the same, comic or no comic, I hope DC Comics KEEPS this design for her uniform, as it has become a source of great pride for Latino comic fans ..and Latino Wonder-fans, especially. Google 'Yara Flor cosplay', and you will see...unbelievable!

Last edited by Mel Dyer; 02-01-2022 at 09:30 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Ever think she'll actually take the Wonder Girl identity on Earth-0? Why do I feel like it probably won't happen now that Diana is dying.