Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    An Incan-inspired pattern doubles for the South American pattern on Yara's Wonder Girl uniform. It's not a big deal, as Incan-inspired patterns are widely popular, well into Southern Central and South America, ..rather like the Akan-inspired Kente cloth patterns, in popular West African textiles.

Just the same, comic or no comic, I hope DC Comics KEEPS this design for her uniform, as it has become a source of great pride for Latino comic fans ..and Latino Wonder-fans, especially. Google 'Yara Flor cosplay', and you will see...unbelievable!

Except Incas have nothing to do with native Brazilians, who come from very different cultures and tribes.
    It’s like using something from Congo to represent an Egyptian. Not accurate at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Except Incas have nothing to do with native Brazilians, who come from very different cultures and tribes.
    It’s like using something from Congo to represent an Egyptian. Not accurate at all.
    And Wonder Woman's uniforms haven't been anywhere near accurate to historical Greek costume, but, it's okay.

Why don't you ask these ladies how they feel about it? https://www.google.com/search?q=yara...h=577&dpr=1.56
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 02-04-2022 at 04:09 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    And Wonder Woman's uniforms haven't been anywhere near accurate to historical Greek costume, but, it's okay.

Why don't you ask these ladies how they feel about it? https://www.google.com/search?q=yara...h=577&dpr=1.56
    Lol, why would I ask them? As a Brazilian, I’m just responding to the absurd notion that somehow Incan motives are a good representation of indigenous Brazilians.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Heh funny how that pic I posted above set off a ****storm. Anyway here’s another pic:

My guess is the bottom left is teasing the JL team we’ll get after Williamson’s event. I’m expecting the event to have Yara meet Jon and Jace, probably Jo and Jackson too.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Heh funny how that pic I posted above set off a ****storm. Anyway here’s another pic:

My guess is the bottom left is teasing the JL team we’ll get after Williamson’s event. I’m expecting the event to have Yara meet Jon and Jace, probably Jo and Jackson too.
    She strikes an impressive figure.

Also, how tall is she supposed to be? Although other than Jo and Jace they all lean kind of young here.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

The fact that Donna was excluded from the Titans and Canary from JL is blasphemous

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    The fact that Donna was excluded from the Titans and Canary from JL is blasphemous
    I said the same thing when I looked at it! Like she’s a founding titan.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

If Yara doesn't get featured in another book it would be a waste of a great character design.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Yara and Jon will be meeting for the first time in canon with Dark Crisis

The teaser makes it look like she’s got a major role in this coming up! Yeah she is totally taking up the WW mantle either in or after this event.
    Last edited by Vordan; 02-09-2022 at 09:29 AM.

Maybe they will give her a new book and call it something like Jace's "I am Batman".
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Maybe they will give her a new book and call it something like Jace's "I am Batman".
    Likely Yara Flor: WW or some such.

Looking good Yara, welcome to your first Crisis
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

Looking good Yara, welcome to your first Crisis
    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    They could make a Superman and Wonder Woman book like they did during future state. That way Diana would be on the main WW, while Yara gets to have a completely different story on another.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    They could make a Superman and Wonder Woman book like they did during future state. That way Diana would be on the main WW, while Yara gets to have a completely different story on another.
    Would be nice to get a new Trinity book that builds up the relationship between the FS Trinity.