Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yep, primarily reading it just for John and Kara at this point (honestly shocked Irons has survived for so long).

Cool, may check it out in trade. Seems to have a good amount of Steel & Supergirl.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I would love to see a Steel series in any form, but if it has John and Natasha sharing the role would be a dream!

Quick questions about Steel:

1. In his almost 30 years of existence (1993 thru 2023), who has been the best love interest for John Henry Irons?

2. Who should play John Henry Irons in the new DCEU Superman movie (if there is a role for the character to play)?

3. Quirky one here: since there are many notable guys named John/Jon in the Superverse ... what if John Henry went by his middle name Henry (J. Henry Irons) and his friends nicknamed him Hank Irons?

I like it because it conjures up Hank "The Hammer" Aaron, one of the greatest Baseball players of all time.
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 11-06-2022 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Quick questions about Steel:

1. In his almost 30 years of existence (1993 thru 2023), who has been the best love interest for John Henry Irons?

2. Who should play John Henry Irons in the new DCEU Superman movie (if there is a role for the character to play)?

3. Quirky one here: since there are many notable guys named John/Jon in the Superverse ... what if John Henry went by his middle name Henry (J. Henry Irons) and his friends nicknamed him Hank Irons?

I like it because it conjures up Hank "The Hammer" Aaron, one of the greatest Baseball players of all time.
    1. Either Dr. Amanda Quick from Priest’s run or Lana from Pak’s Action run. I enjoyed him being with both.

2. I love Wole in the role so him. I know they’ll cast someone else, if Steel ever even shows up, but he’s my Steel for right now.

3. Hah glad to see I’m not the only one who has thought about that. I have no problem with him going by Henry, you could even justify it as Steel going by his middle name in an attempt to distance himself from his past as an arms dealer on a “the man I was is dead and I’m someone new now”.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

If there is a JHI appearance in DCEU, I want Johnny Cash version of "The Legend of John Henry's Hammer."
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Steel shows up for two pages in Dark Crisis to job:

Would have liked a glimpse of whatever his perfect world would be.

Oh and the new Son of John Henry that Johns is introducing in The New Golden Age is stated to be Irons’ great-uncle.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Steel shows up for two pages in Dark Crisis to job:

Would have liked a glimpse of whatever his perfect world would be.
    He gets points for his bravery, at least. Not sure what he expected to do against someone who shrugged off Black Adam's attacks (haha, the second Crisis villain to do so, eat dust, Pariah) but...

Ok, seriously:

Who should play the DCEU version of John Henry Irons?

It has to be someone around Henry Cavill's age, and close to his physicality (really good shape), with familiarity with comic book films.

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Ok, seriously:

Who should play the DCEU version of John Henry Irons?

It has to be someone around Henry Cavill's age, and close to his physicality (really good shape), with familiarity with comic book films.

Any suggestions?
    If he’s willing to shave his head, maybe John David Washington? Otherwise Mike Colter would fit the criteria you’re looking for.

Oh and the new Son of John Henry that Johns is introducing in The New Golden Age is stated to be Irons’ great-uncle.

Interesting than John Henry is getting his own legacy, backwards and by retcon decree. But Im happy to see his plage growing strong.

Now we need a Steel of tomorrow to complete the set.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Interesting than John Henry is getting his own legacy, backwards and by retcon decree. But Im happy to see his plage growing strong.

Now we need a Steel of tomorrow to complete the set.
    Does Natasha count?

Action Comics #1052 variant

How majestic and Steely.