Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I actually found someone for you although it’s from Bendis LoSH:

Think I may have posted this earlier in the thread but in Bendis Legion it looks like the El/Irons families intermingled, an idea that I like, so there’s an Irons descendant with Kryptonian powers.
    Even if, as i said, I would like to see a descendant of Steel, I don't want to know anything about Bendis horrible Legion reboot. DC One Million made a nice hint of an Steel legacy with names Steel 7, Steelman of the New Centurians and Lancelot Grail , the Cosmic Knight.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    The Nadia Pym Wasp series at Marvel was a rejected Bumblebee series at DC
    So, they whitewashed Bumblebee for Marvel?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Even if, as i said, I would like to see a descendant of Steel, I don't want to know anything about Bendis horrible Legion reboot. DC One Million made a nice hint of an Steel legacy with names Steel 7, Steelman of the New Centurians and Lancelot Grail , the Cosmic Knight.
    Lol I figured you wouldn’t approve of anything related to Bendis. Maybe PKJ will show that amongst the House of El descendants, there are also men and women who can trace their line back to JHI? Hell let’s make Rowan and Ronan two characters who are descended not just from Jon Kent, but also from John Henry Irons too. Whatever your feelings on Bendis in general, the idea of the El and Irons families intermingling eventually is cool.
    So, they whitewashed Bumblebee for Marvel?
    Not whitewashed since Wasp was never black, they just repurposed an idea they had for Bumblebee and used it at Marvel. Tons of creators do that.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And while at it bring back Jermal Irons since DC acts like he doesn't exist.
    Acording to the last reboot, Rebirth, that is, he doesn't exist. Natasha's lost younger brother was Zeke.

Lol I figured you wouldn’t approve of anything related to Bendis.
    Am I that transparent? Yes, I suppose, at least Bendis related. I had faith on the guy when his name sounded for the Legion. But when he came with another reboot, I feel only hostility towards his work. And it not helped than his job was not the best. Yet, I still liked what he did in Powers.

Maybe PKJ will show that amongst the House of El descendants, there are also men and women who can trace their line back to JHI? Hell let’s make Rowan and Ronan two characters who are descended not just from Jon Kent, but also from John Henry Irons too. Whatever your feelings on Bendis in general, the idea of the El and Irons families intermingling eventually is cool.
    Well, the idea of the Irons family joinig the house of El by blood isn't something I reject from first hand, yet I like the visuals of Steel (the steel coated armor) than have not much sense in someone who is already invulnerable. Maybe separated branches of the family, with one side developing kryptonian powers and another inheriting the armor could work.

Not whitewashed since Wasp was never black, they just repurposed an idea they had for Bumblebee and used it at Marvel. Tons of creators do that.
    Yes, I do know. Sarcastic joke I suppose. However, I must add than I am no happy on how Bumblebee has been Waspified, since Infinite Crisis. karen was her own entity before adding the shrinking ability, but now she is more like Titans' black Wasp. Considering this I don't think the creatives had to work to much to adapt the series to Marvel. Half the work already has been done by DC.

Well, the idea of the Irons family joinig the house of El by blood isn't something I reject from first hand, yet I like the visuals of Steel (the steel coated armor) than have not much sense in someone who is already invulnerable. Maybe separated branches of the family, with one side developing kryptonian powers and another inheriting the armor could work.
    Works for me, I too would like it to be established there are still proper Irons’ out there as well.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

He already was given a Golden Age ancestor in the figure of John Henry Jr. Retcon and everything, that makes the presence of the Irons family a permanent fixture in the DC landscape.

He already was given a Golden Age ancestor in the figure of John Henry Jr. Retcon and everything, that makes the presence of the Irons family a permanent fixture in the DC landscape.
    Just need to expand the Irons family line forward in time now. I’m really anxious to get confirmation on whether him and Lana are a couple in Steelworks the way it’s been hinted.

Extraordinary Member

Just need to expand the Irons family line forward in time now. I’m really anxious to get confirmation on whether him and Lana are a couple in Steelworks the way it’s been hinted.
    How has it been hinted? And is Lana still Pete Ross’s ex husband? Is she still the ex-Vice President wife?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    How has it been hinted? And is Lana still Pete Ross’s ex husband? Is she still the ex-Vice President wife?
    PKJ mentioned on a podcast when asked about Lana that there were plans for her and Irons. I’m betting she’s going to be in Steelworks. As for the old continuity where she and Pete were a thing, I don’t think so. Haven’t seen any reference about that carrying over, Lana’s New 52 history carried over mostly intact into Rebirth, and Bendis kept her history as Superwoman, so Pre-Flashpoint Lana’s history is not in play far as I know. That’s a good thing far as I’m concerned, she came off terribly with how she lusted over Clark despite being married to Pete, and how she kept trying to drive a wedge between Clark and Lois. Best not to dig that back up.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    As of right now Ironheart has the following-

2 different solo runs (1 was endorsed by the Gators-yes THOSE gators)
    7 trades (1 release for schools)
    1 online mini (that Covid derailed the printed version)
    At least 1statue
    4 Funko Pops
    3 Hoodies
    2-3 action figures and the new one is actually sold out in many places like Target
    In one movie
    Has a tv show coming up.

She did all this with folks HATING her. In 6 years.
    We won't talk Moon Girl and Shuri.

5 of the 8 minis/solos they have all had were not stealth books with someone else's name.

30 years of Natasha and it took a show that is on a dead network to get her outside of comics.
    Dc has 30 years like they had 50 for Nubia, Vixen & Bumblebee.

What have they done?
    Natasha should have been countering Shuri the MOMENT Black Panther hit a billion. Then again every single black character at DC should have been doing that.

Natasha, John Henry, Cyborg, Michael Holt, Bumblebee and John Stewart all could have been used to represent DC's STEM gateway for kids in school. A few OGNS go a long way as we have seen with Raven and Beast Boy.

Steel should be the focus of the book not a stealth Natasha book. Give her a book of her own and build on it. Give her 18 issues for 3 trades.

And while at it bring back Jermal Irons since DC acts like he doesn't exist.

And lets finish that dangling cliffhanger from 1996-we never saw what happen to Tye after that villain became his foster parent and told him he was going to get him walking again.
    Wait thats her first appearance in media? Damn.

Well shit I only learned Steel had a superhero niece only a couple years ago after getting into comics.

https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...79AbOEO9gqc85A
    Even though its been said Natasha will be taking over for John as Steel, will he still suit up and be a superhero? I really don't want him to give that up.

He’s not giving that up.
    I’ll take it (like I have a choice). Just hope he’ll still be the main protagonist or at least co-hero with Natasha in Steelworks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

Well shit I only learned Steel had a superhero niece only a couple years ago after getting into comics.
    Hasn’t been a Superman solo cartoon since STAS. Before S&L the last “proper” Superman show was Lois & Clark which got started before he was created. There was the Steel movie by Shaq but that was obviously not good. Wasn’t much place for Natasha to show up, but the people at WB were aware of her. Both John Henry and Natasha were supposed to be part of that Superman Family cartoon that didn’t get greenlit, and I’m sure there’s a whole bunch of Superman projects that got killed which we know nothing about. Very likely some of them had the Irons in them. Least things look on the up and up for the Superverse going forward.

PKJ mentioned on a podcast when asked about Lana that there were plans for her and Irons. I’m betting she’s going to be in Steelworks. As for the old continuity where she and Pete were a thing, I don’t think so. Haven’t seen any reference about that carrying over, Lana’s New 52 history carried over mostly intact into Rebirth, and Bendis kept her history as Superwoman, so Pre-Flashpoint Lana’s history is not in play far as I know. That’s a good thing far as I’m concerned, she came off terribly with how she lusted over Clark despite being married to Pete, and how she kept trying to drive a wedge between Clark and Lois. Best not to dig that back up.
    A part of me morbidly enjoyed how much suffering Lana endured during Post-Crisis .

Almost at the end, place your bets on whether Irons survives the final issue. I think he’s going to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

No, her first appearance was in the Superman animated series. A small role, but it was an appearance. Skyvolt just got the wrong information. I was not like it was cherrypicked info to make it fit the post.