Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    How has it been hinted? And is Lana still Pete Ross’s ex husband? Is she still the ex-Vice President wife?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    PKJ mentioned on a podcast when asked about Lana that there were plans for her and Irons. I’m betting she’s going to be in Steelworks. As for the old continuity where she and Pete were a thing, I don’t think so. Haven’t seen any reference about that carrying over, Lana’s New 52 history carried over mostly intact into Rebirth, and Bendis kept her history as Superwoman, so Pre-Flashpoint Lana’s history is not in play far as I know. That’s a good thing far as I’m concerned, she came off terribly with how she lusted over Clark despite being married to Pete, and how she kept trying to drive a wedge between Clark and Lois. Best not to dig that back up.
    Honest, I have doubts about Lana in a relationship with JHI. Put her with another person who uses the S shield make think of than as she couldn't get Clark, she went for the next best thing, the option B, but close enough to be another Clark. Maybe it is a misconception on my part, but I don't know if that is the best development for either Lana nor John Henry.
    In some weird way, it is like Lana was having again a relationship with Vartox.

And neither I was too friendly to the Ross/Lang marriage, but at least they went for the logical option and they divorced. that thing is an element than could be explored in Lana.

For John Henry. maybe some different relationship is needed too.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Honest, I have doubts about Lana in a relationship with JHI. Put her with another person who uses the S shield make think of than as she couldn't get Clark, she went for the next best thing, the option B, but close enough to be another Clark. Maybe it is a misconception on my part, but I don't know if that is the best development for either Lana nor John Henry.
    In some weird way, it is like Lana was having again a relationship with Vartox.

And neither I was too friendly to the Ross/Lang marriage, but at least they went for the logical option and they divorced. that thing is an element than could be explored in Lana.

For John Henry. maybe some different relationship is needed too.
    Maybe if Lana was never Superwoman herself, she would come off as a S-shield groupie. But I never got that indication with her and John. Especially since they changed Lana’s background to engineering.

I actually liked them together.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Maybe if Lana was never Superwoman herself, she would come off as a S-shield groupie. But I never got that indication with her and John. Especially since they changed Lana’s background to engineering.

I actually liked them together.
    Same, Pak making her an engineer and pairing her and Irons together worked for me. I’m expecting the next writer to use her to drop the journalism thing that Bendis set up, I prefer her not doing the same thing as Lois. Engineer Lana working at Steelworks alongside John and Nat is a more interesting status quo for me.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Sometimes it felt like they were trying too hard to make Lana come off as awesome or "tough" but I got it.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Oh, I love them,
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

00_Menofsteel.jpg

Soon to happen again.

00_Menofsteel.jpg

Soon to happen again.
    Hopefully with better designs for each

Hopefully with better designs for each
    Shield and cape for John Henry this time.

If we're looking to expand John Henry's (I still really want him to go by Hank Irons as there are too many other prominent Jon/John characters in the Superverse) love life, I'll offer one:

Dr. Kitty Faulkner.

I was so hoping that the actress they cast on Superman And Lois was going to a) become a love interest for Wole Parks' Steel and b) turn into Rampage. Neither thing came close to happening

What is Kitty up to these days in the DCU? Is someone else outside the Superverse using her currently? If not, any one want to come onboard the Steel X Rampage ship I'm creating in my mind?

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    If we're looking to expand John Henry's (I still really want him to go by Hank Irons as there are too many other prominent Jon/John characters in the Superverse) love life, I'll offer one:

Dr. Kitty Faulkner.

I was so hoping that the actress they cast on Superman And Lois was going to a) become a love interest for Wole Parks' Steel and b) turn into Rampage. Neither thing came close to happening

What is Kitty up to these days in the DCU? Is someone else outside the Superverse using her currently? If not, any one want to come onboard the Steel X Rampage ship I'm creating in my mind?

Kitty is more less forgoten and the few times she reappeared has been in villanous roles (2020, maybe the last time?).

I dunno if I see her with JH as an item. I kind of see the same problem with her as with Lana. Maybe leave him alone for a while and if you are going to give him a romantic interest, I would prefer with a non powered citizen. Maybe even a woman who is not friendly to the superheroes idea, but not in a villian way. Simply a person who dislike superheroes and Steel strugles with make her part of his life. You know, to have some drama outside of the standard superheroe slugfest.

Maybe Kitty and Steel could be heroes teamates as the new heroic Superman's Revenge Squad, with a team than includes Guardian, Thorn, a reformed Kirby's Atlas and Encantadora, Gangbuster, Outburst, Maxima, all reunited when Jimmy Olsen calls for help...

I think my unconcious is playing tricks on me.

Priest gave him Dr. Amanda Quick as a LI, she was a civilian. I’d like to see her (and Dr. Villain) show up again in Steelworks even if the two aren’t a couple. Just move Quick and Villain to Metropolis, give me more important civilian characters there. I thought Villain like Busiek’s revamp of Prankster was a cool way of approaching how people might react in-universe to the nature of living alongside superheroes.

Priest gave him Dr. Amanda Quick as a LI, she was a civilian. I’d like to see her (and Dr. Villain) show up again in Steelworks even if the two aren’t a couple. Just move Quick and Villain to Metropolis, give me more important civilian characters there. I thought Villain like Busiek’s revamp of Prankster was a cool way of approaching how people might react in-universe to the nature of living alongside superheroes.
    I remember Amanda!! But never liked her name. And Dr. Villain is a pet character of Priest. I don't know if he would like to other writer to use him.
    And you are right, there are need of more storie of civilians living on a superhero world.

Hoping Priest uses Irons in his new Superman book!

I remember Amanda!! But never liked her name. And Dr. Villain is a pet character of Priest. I don't know if he would like to other writer to use him.
    And you are right, there are need of more storie of civilians living on a superhero world.
    I think he’d be happy to see characters he created get used beyond himself, if for no other reason than because they might get adapted outside of comics and he could get paid

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Hoping Priest uses Irons in his new Superman book!

I think he’d be happy to see characters he created get used beyond himself, if for no other reason than because they might get adapted outside of comics and he could get paid
    I feel like if nothing else, he'll at least reference Irons... he had that pretty sweet name drop in his Black Adam book. He's probably chomping at the bit for more Steel references.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog