Page 66 of 78 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Foggy doesn't have a relationship with Stark or Rhodey in the shows.Plus I prefer him in supernatural stories than sci-fi. Although he does have a fun teamup with Starlord I want them to adapt.
    But the MCU's bread-and-butter are TECH and COSMIC based stories (although I thought Cap 2 was a great take on international espionage thrillers). Those are the ones they really excel at and put the MCU on the map. Besides Hawkeye, Feige's MCU hasn't touched street-level stuff with a 500 foot pole. I think it's because they don't feel confident enough to take on the genre. Those stories can get pretty seedy and I feel Disney is hesitant to go there. I would rather Disney continue to push the supernatural stuff like in Shang-Chi. Go back to the martial arts thing. I've also read that Cox played a better lawyer than a superhero in the Netflix series. That is one reason why I'm all for Matt getting rid of his secret identity.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Agreed. Outside of the crime stuff, his best stories involve supernatural elements like The Hand. Tech doesn't really mesh well into Matt's world unless he's giving a beatdown to Stiltman. Plus, we really don't want to make things too easy for Matt. His best stories come out of him overcoming as many obstacles as possible, not having someone else do that for him.
    Completely understandable. Always thought Daredevil's at his best when dealing with the underworld/criminal element.
    However, you bring up a good point. The Nocenti run threw some nasty, surreal stuff at Matt & how he overcame them was quite inspiring (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-29-2022 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    But the MCU's bread-and-butter are TECH and COSMIC based stories (although I thought Cap 2 was a great take on international espionage thrillers). Those are the ones they really excel at and put the MCU on the map. Besides Hawkeye, Feige's MCU hasn't touched street-level stuff with a 500 foot pole. I think it's because they don't feel confident enough to take on the genre. Those stories can get pretty seedy and I feel Disney is hesitant to go there. I would rather Disney continue to push the supernatural stuff like in Shang-Chi. Go back to the martial arts thing. I've also read that Cox played a better lawyer than a superhero in the Netflix series. That is one reason why I'm all for Matt getting rid of his secret identity.
    I rather they commit to the crime stuff or don't bother using him. Just dust off Iron Fist or another c-lister and use them instead.

I don't want DD to become another tech-heavy quipper.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-29-2022 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I rather they commit to the crime stuff or don't bother using him. Just dust off Iron Fist or another c-lister and use them instead.

I don't want DD to become another tech-heavy quipper.
    But tech-heavy quippers are the best part of the MCU. I think it's fair to expect that Rhodey will get in touch with Matt simply due to the fact that DD is representing Foggy if I remember correctly. I love the Iron Man trilogy, and I would love to have characters like Murdock be involved with Stark Industries. Makes the MCU feel more interconnected.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    But tech-heavy quippers are the best part of the MCU. I think it's fair to expect that Rhodey will get in touch with Matt simply due to the fact that DD is representing Foggy if I remember correctly. I love the Iron Man trilogy, and I would love to have characters like Murdock be involved with Stark Industries. Makes the MCU feel more interconnected.
    I disagree because they get tiring pretty fast and are better off in moderation. I just don't feel DD would benefit from what you want nor is it a necessity for DD or the MCU.

Other than the Kingpin who can be argued to be just as much of a Spidey villain and Elektra who’s more of a love interest, there are no DD villains here. Not even Bullseye. Disappointing. Awesome art, though.

https://twitter.com/thealexrossart/s...IZDzrXGQEzI6SQ
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Fantastic Member

1st clip of Daredevil from She Hulk
    https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/s...epV9VQvbI9sC6Q

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    1st clip of Daredevil from She Hulk
    https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/s...epV9VQvbI9sC6Q
    Not gonna watch the clip, but I will watch the full episode tonight as soon as I get the time.

Incredible Member

Amazon has a listning up for the fourth OHC, and based on the description it seems like it will collect the Elektra mini-series. Not sure about Devils Reign though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Not gonna watch the clip, but I will watch the full episode tonight as soon as I get the time.
    spoilers:
    it was absolutely beautiful

Cox and the suit were magnificent

Loved all of it

Even the Netflix theme tune played

Loved that he moved like he does in the comics

What a time to be alive.
    end of spoilers

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    spoilers:
    it was absolutely beautiful

Cox and the suit were magnificent

Loved all of it

Even the Netflix theme tune played

Loved that he moved like he does in the comics

What a time to be alive.
    end of spoilers
    hell yeah

also loved the spoilers:
    walk of shame
    end of spoilers

BANNED

The yellow costume sucks far more than the red costume. It was similar almost to the comic version. He almost looked like a Power Ranger. Due to lighting and cinematography the costume colors werent too much reveal.Matt is definitely not Spidey who rants(or jokes) like him during a fight. And he is not the type who She-Hulk wil sleep with. He was so much out of character
    Last edited by Vishop; 10-06-2022 at 04:59 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    hell yeah

also loved the spoilers:
    walk of shame
    end of spoilers
    Sometimes I feel like i am the only one who is actually has read comics.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Sometimes I feel like i am the only one who is actually has read comics.
    comics =/= MCU

come on it's fun and cute

we're getting 18 episodes of grimdark pathos soon enough

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I'm amused by how naturally different he is portrayed since he's in a light-hearted comedy

spoilers:
    He's not grappling with complex morality and existential debates on the necessity of violence, no the dude is actually having fun being a superhero for once without the toxic aspects of his blood knight desire to do harm onto others. He also for some reason cares somewhat about his superhero identity being recognized despite being a rather private and humble person.
    end of spoilers

Heh imagine if Jen winds up in his setting, that would be darkly funny.