Page 46 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Having watched this series repeatedly since the first season and having seen every MCU movie and series to date with the exception of Dr. Strange, which I'm hoping to rectify tomorrow), there are really only a few things I can't see D+ doing on a DD show, very little of which would really effect the quality in the least. The first are car door decapitations like Wilson did that first season. The second, are torture scenes like the head of the Irish mafia conducted on Frank in the second season. And the third is the overall amounts of blood throughout.

I can't help but feel that some believe that just because there may be less blood, the action scenes won't be as well done. Anyone here who's seen any of the Cap movies, Black Widow, or even Falcon & the Winter Soldier knows that just because there aren't buckets full of blood doesn't mean the fight scenes or the action can't still be truly outstanding. Regardless, I honestly don't think the exclusion of any of these things are necessarily a deterrent to telling a good DD story. Do they add something? Maybe. Would a DD show necessarily be less so without them? I don't think so.

That said, it does seem like the MCU is pushing the envelope, lately. From child trafficking in Black Widow, to flesh eating zombies in What If?, to a straight up physically abusive mother in Moon Knight, I think we're likely to see some darker content ahead. Maybe not at the speed some would like, but I think it's coming. Added to that, the fact they haven't edited a single frame from any of the Netflix shows (even the incredibly brief Misty Knight nude scene in Luke Cage) is enough to instill me with confidence.

What concerns me most is the fact that none of the showrunners from previous seasons have returned, but it's not likely they had the luxury of waiting around until Feige made up his mind to bring the show back. I mean, they had to keep on working, too, I imagine.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I can't help but feel that some believe that just because there may be less blood, the action scenes won't be as well done. Anyone here who's seen any of the Cap movies, Black Widow, or even Falcon & the Winter Soldier knows that just because there aren't buckets full of blood doesn't mean the fight scenes or the action can't still be truly outstanding. Regardless, I honestly don't think the exclusion of any of these things are necessarily a deterrent to telling a good DD story. Do they add something? Maybe. Would a DD show necessarily be less so without them? I don't think so.
    I agree 100%
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Moon Knight wasn't a grounded show and it deviated a lot from comics. I personally don't care about how much faithful it was. But MCU failed to give a decent portrayal to Fisk and Maya. And they havent had a good grounded live action since Winter Soldier. I highly doubt it will come close to Netflix Daredevil.
    Absolutely. I’m not hopeful that this won’t be even worse than the Netflix show. Though, again, I’d really like to be pleasantly surprised. Also, no more of that looney toons character in Hawkeye who is supposedly the Kingpin. Enough. There are other villains to explore.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

- George Orwell

- Voltair

What you guys think of Devils Reign Omega?
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I enjoyed it. The ending of the first story (I didn’t care about the others. Perhaps I’ll revisit them later) seems to set up Mike coming back to the very understandable displeasure of some surely. It also obviously undercuts what just happened in Devils Reign. It’s disappointing. For how brutal and impactful it was, I was actually thinking Devil’s Reign was the last of his character. Maybe not.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 05-25-2022 at 01:51 PM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I really enjoyed it.
    I was a bit wary at first as "Omega" issues tend to be very fluffy prologues that don't do what they're supposed to but...I was quite pleasantly surprised by how much depth this had. And while it did focus more on Luke Cage: Mayor of NYC and far less on the DDs, I didn't mind that at all. My one critique would be the heavily foreshadowed ending of the first part...ugh.

Plus, I liked seeing Monica in action...it's been too long.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Golden age Daredevil is back, and this time the publishers haven't renamed him. I wonder if Marvel will sue them - and hopefully readers won't buy this by mistake thinking it stars Matt?
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/comi...2022-solicits/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Golden age Daredevil is back, and this time the publishers haven't renamed him. I wonder if Marvel will sue them - and hopefully readers won't buy this by mistake thinking it stars Matt?
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/comi...2022-solicits/
    Yeah, 'The Death-Defying Devil' should have been better instead of 'The Greatest Name In Comics - Daredevil' to avoid any kind of confusion.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Is the upcoming relaunch a good time for me to finally get into Daredevil? Matt and Elektra as a full-time sexy crimefighting couple sounds very appealing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Is the upcoming relaunch a good time for me to finally get into Daredevil? Matt and Elektra as a full-time sexy crimefighting couple sounds very appealing to me.
    The answer is yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Yes!
    Last edited by Nanashi; 05-27-2022 at 08:43 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Does anyone know if it is confirmed that Daredevil will run into the Punisher in the near future?

So it seems Daredevil and Elektra are going to finally try to bring down the Hand. Well guess who is kind of at the head of the Hand right now?! The Punisher. With the Punisher having a new series and another series (War Journal) starting soon, Frank and Matt are sure to run into one another right?!

Does anyone know if it is confirmed that Daredevil will run into the Punisher in the near future?

So it seems Daredevil and Elektra are going to finally try to bring down the Hand. Well guess who is kind of at the head of the Hand right now?! The Punisher. With the Punisher having a new series and another series (War Journal) starting soon, Frank and Matt are sure to run into one another right?!
    Elektra’s Devil’s Reign tie in certainly sets that up not to mention that the relaunch is about her and Matt trying to destroy the Hand once for all. As the leader of the Hand I’d imagine the Punisher will certainly have a part to play.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Elektra’s Devil’s Reign tie in certainly sets that up not to mention that the relaunch is about her and Matt trying to destroy the Hand once for all. As the leader of the Hand I’d imagine the Punisher will certainly have a part to play.
    Would be interesting to see what Matt has to say about Franks new motives.